Hacking New G6 Lite Model & Pictures!

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got these pics from yyjoy.com and decided to share them with everyone on the forums. As of now yyjoy, any everyone else, has no idea what this model of the G6 Lite does and speculation is that is might be a "Pro" model similar to the recently announced M3 "Pro" line.

Currently yyjoy is calling this version the "G6 Lite XXX" and many users are suggesting that this model might have the GBA functions removed and/or have support for the Rumble feature similar to the recently released SuperCard Rumble Series.

As of now the “G6 Lite XXX” features are anyone’s guess but I’m sure time will tell but for now enjoy the screens.

g6litexxxje5.png
g6litexxx2pu1.png

Source

Update:

Just announced: This new model “G6 Lite XXX” is the G6 Lite 8G and G6 Lite Pro!

The "G6 Lite Pro" will be the current G6 Lite 4G with the GBA functions removed and will be a bit cheaper then the current model. It should be released in about 2 weeks and cost aprox $65.

The "G6 Lite 8G" that’s 8Gbit (1GB) of data space, which is twice the size of the previous G6 Lite 4G (512MB), should be released in about a month and cost aprox $80! Rejoice G6 space haters as this one will knock your socks off with near perfect GBA and DS support with 1 GB of storage space!

There is no news on what the current G6 Lite 4G's pricing will change to as of yet.

g6litespecssg0.jpg

Source

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds likely to be the Pro version IMO considering that a Pro version was originally announced with the original G6 Lite announcement, wasn't it? One way or another, I'm sure it will be limited to no gba function.

Main thing for me. If price = cheaper, fine by me. G6 Lite is already at a great price and I don't need any gba functions what-so-ever so it would make a nice candidate any day for another internal memory based cart for me.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL

Those screenshots look exactly like the existing G6 Lite. Plus that's just a shot of the shell, there's no circuit board in it.
tongue.gif
I don't know why I find that so funny.

As for no GBA support, it really doesn't bring the price down enough for me to care all that much. I'd rather pay the extra few $$ and have support for everything.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh no.Just when I got my G6 replaced. I waited to see if they will release an 8 Gbit cart and I thought they won't so I went ahead and bought. This flashcart is even at the same price as the current G6 4Gbit! I might consider getting it if I got a buyer for my current G6.

Thanks for the news..

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woohoo, I wanted to get a G6L for ages, only the space was holding me back.

This new 1GB one will be perfect for me, now I can stop fussing over other carts and their micro SD compatibility since I know this won't have any speed problems (and has probably the best battery life and gui to boot).

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see a new g6l come out but i'm more than happy with my current g6 at the moment. i will eventually replace it but when i do it will be with a slot 1 card and my g6l will become my gba card and 4g is more than enough for gba.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question on slot 1 cards, they have the passcard function built in right? so can it load a slot 2 card in ds mode. that means you basically have two ds flash cards in one ds

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is going to buy a G6 with slow memory ? (G6 pro) it makes no sense.
Lol, no meangreenie thats no GBA memory. They will still have the regular DS fast memory they just won't be able to play GBA.

jchen, its currently up in the air on which slot 1 flashcarts will also support nopass features. We'll find out soon though.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Is M3/G6 just burning through old stock by repacking it before they release a Slot 1 device?

Prolly! i can understand the 8Gb version, but i don't see the use of the pro releases
blink.gif

If the gonna release a slot 1 solution, wouldn't it be better for them to remove the NDS function of the G6/M3 (Only GBA)
rofl2.gif
and sell a bundel
nyanya.gif
: G6/M3 Slot 1 + G6/M3 Pro so you have both NDS and GBA support like he real thing.
yaynds.gif

Make the M3 GBA only with rumble and add a RAM feature, this way you have best off all.
bow.gif

(Same for G6
dry.gif
).

I think when i have a SLot1 cartridge i sell all my gba alike nds flashkits and digg up my old FA 128 and F2A 512 Ultra again pure for GBA, no need for any other kit then
biggrin.gif
(Hmmz ok, nevermind i'll keep a M3 for the GBA stuff, the usage of minisd is easier then using your
gbasp2.gif
to flash the F2A or connecting again the lpt flasher
mad.gif
for the FA)
(Or i can use my
psp.gif
to play
gbasp2.gif
cool.gif
)

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think when i have a SLot1 cartridge i sell all my gba alike nds flashkits and digg up my old FA 128 and F2A 512 Ultra again pure for GBA, no need for any other kit then
biggrin.gif
(Hmmz ok, nevermind i'll keep a M3 for the GBA stuff, the usage of minisd is easier then using yourÂ
gbasp2.gif
 to flash the F2A or connecting again the lpt flasherÂ
mad.gif
 for the FA)
Are you high?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/1DilfTSy7Fo?si=c0iKDr8rSnGdaxjB