Hardware New Nintendo GameCube controller (Wii)

perimbean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nintendo of Japan has announced the (re)release of the classic wired GameCube controller, now molded from Wii-like white plastic. Priced at 2,000-yen (~$20), the controllers will arrive in Japanese retail outlets this month.

Source: Nintendo

gcc.jpg

While surfing the Nintendo (JAP) website, I've chanced upon the above news. Now, to wait for Nintendo to release the item in Japan.
I can't wait for the GC controllers as i find the 3rd party GC controllers aren't on par with Nintendo's GC controllers.

rolleyes.gif

perimbean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The older GCC controllers (indigo color) are about 6' (1.8m) long (if i do not remember wrongly) whereas the newer ones are 10' (3 m) long.

Does UK still got stock of the existing GCC controllers?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll buy it
wink.gif

I need a new GC controller for SSBB and MKWii anyway...I'm not a fan of the Wavebird because of its bulkiness and lack of rumble, so the extra cable length is quite convenient
biggrin.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One of the Logic3 controllers for the 'cube ... I forget it's nomenclature, at the moment, is absolutely identical to the official controller, and has a comically long cable ... I do, however, seem to recall that particular controller being pulled from the market for being an exact replica ... one of the colours was white, too ... of the official GC controller ... but, I imagine, they may appear on eBay, from time to time.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's loads of over too, plenty of Wavebirds too, quite tempted to buy a load and sell them on eBay but that pissed me off last time I sold stuff.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
perimbean said:
The older GCC controllers (indigo color) are about 6' (1.8m) long (if i do not remember wrongly) whereas the newer ones are 10' (3 m) long.

Something which can easily be fixed by an extension cord. You usually get those with 2nd party controllers and memcards.
They work great.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Nintendo making everything white? Wii, Wiimote, EVERYTHING! I liked things silver, clear, or black...

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds interesting, I just hope the R and L are the same as they are on the all purple controls. I never liked the clicky sound and feeling of the other colors...

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
Why is Nintendo making everything white? Wii, Wiimote, EVERYTHING! I liked things silver, clear, or black...
I guess Nintendo saw how big Apple got when they started making things white (beginning with the iPod).

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
perimbean said:
Does UK still got stock of the existing GCC controllers?

Yeah, they are not hard to find here. Can even find WaveBirds quite easily.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to where you can find a wavebird aside from ebay/ amazon marketplace? :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3