Hacking New run of Acekard 2.1's?

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Dack said:
Been searching the DX site and seems the case is a MARS card.

sku_13528_3.jpg

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13528

Doubtful of this because of the distinct screw in the middle. I'm relatively sure this 'new' Acekard 2 is glued together.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
whats odd is one post has a green pcb and another a blue. they raved to me about the black pcb and how it was the next thing. i wonder if the green was a ak2 which was fixed and put in a new shell, and i also wonder if the black pcb has gone blue. i sent an email off to the team but have not heard anything yet. we are discussing it in the irc chan, so as soon as norm hears something i'll post back here.

-another world

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all card reader that come with flashcart are of low quality you never know when it going to break on you or if it comes broken. Im glad i got my right after thanksgiving so it was a wrapped and ready to go
biggrin.gif

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had those MicroSD reader problems with my R4 (real 1st generation R4). Never corrupted, etc. And the worst I got from my packaged SD reader for my current Acekard is slow reading/writing (which made me promptly move back to the R4's reader).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i just got a response to an e-mail i sent the team on 12/24/08. so as you can see they are behind on e-mail reading due to the longer holiday in china (it seems they go on holiday a lot, must be nice). as soon as i hear something official i'll post it here.

cheers,
-another world

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZyberMaster said:
all card reader that come with flashcart are of low quality you never know when it going to break on you or if it comes broken. Im glad i got my right after thanksgiving so it was a wrapped and ready to go
biggrin.gif
A few weeks after the M3 DS Simply has been launched, I got my copy with it's card-reader. The card-reader is still working like on the very first day.

spanky0508

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just received 2 naked cards from DX and they are black PCBs like the original. However, the casing seems sturdier than the last batch. Ran latest firmware without any problems.

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, this seems weird... They could be fake (the more time passes, the more I start to dislike DX, I've seen DX selling fake Kingston MicroSDHC cards claming they are genuine, but users reported in the product review that they were fake ones), but it also could be the Acekard ppl trying to manufacture Ak2.1s with different components, there's a possibility of this happen too maybe, i dunno.

I'm just glad that i changed my order from DX when the AK2.1s were out of stock, I changed for a AK2i and paid the difference (If someday i get a DSi, I'll already have the flashcard for it
smile.gif
)

bobfernando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I know what you mean. DX has the prices and all, but their stuff isnt of the best quality. I ordered a 4GB MS Pro Duo for my PSP, and the card itself chipped in half. Im now using their mSDHC to MSProDuo adapter, which works fine now, but has terrible read/write speeds, though the mSDHC card I have in there has great speeds.

Im completely happy with my current AK2.1 that I got from DX, and I cant see anything important being added hardware wise save DSi support, which is pointless anyway since they have the AK2i. Now what would be bad is if these were some sort of clones of another card.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the one I'm getting is legit. I just ordered from them as well. But, the status is still "waiting for supplier".. should I change it when I get the chance?

Edit: The one I ordered is now all out of stock.. I don't know. If I cancel my order now, I can't put an order on it 'cause the "Add to Cart" option won't be there.

Its this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i just got a response to an e-mail i sent the team on 12/24/08. so as you can see they are behind on e-mail reading due to the longer holiday in china (it seems they go on holiday a lot, must be nice). as soon as i hear something official i'll post it here.

cheers,
-another world

Wait till Chinese New Year. You won't hear from them for weeks
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia