ROM Hack NFTR Editor

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kajitani-Eizan said:
some questions... i've been playing around with a certain game, and it seems to print an extra pixel per letter in some situations and not others. e.g. my characters are set to, say, on average, 5 width, 1 offset, 5 next offset. in some situations, the letters are sandwiched together, and in others, they're spaced nicely with one column between letters. which is the default behavior (for width equal to next offset)? will this be a game-specific issue i'll need to track down using a debugger, or is there some simple font-based solution i'm overlooking? it seems width is only used to determine how many columns to print for a given character, not for spacing, and offset shouldn't matter as long as it's all the same value.width = actual # of pixels taken up by the letter
offset = 1
next offset = width + offset

Kajitani-Eizan said:
additionally, is there an NFTR file spec or something? i'd like to write a program or something to batch replace these values instead of having to click on each individual tile and type in the values.If there is, I haven't seen it. Had to compare different font files and scour chinese message boards to make this program.

Kajitani-Eizan said:
and finally, an error i got using the latest (1.3) version:

CODE
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '3' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.MainForm.PropertiesToolStripMenuItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

this was for a REALLY tiny font that's 3x7.
I'd need to see the font.

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would a rapidshare link work for you?
http://rapidshare.de/files/47727642/trialFont8.NFTR.html

EDIT: also, upon examining that font, i realized it's pretty simple to hex edit/program the width/offset values
tongue.gif

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another issue... upon trying to change the dimensions via the properties window in the above tiny font (e.g. width from 3 to 4, but any change seems to trigger it):

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.Font.ResizeTiles(Byte w, Byte h)
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.MainForm.ResizeTiles(Byte w, Byte h)
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.PropertiesForm.ApplyChanges()
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.PropertiesForm.ButtonOKClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

it does seem to go on to change the dimensions correctly if you hit Continue, but i'm guessing you'd want to know about the program throwing any unhandled exceptions
tongue.gif

SecretChao428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Noitora said:
Here are some fonts I generated with crystaltile:
http://stashbox.org/556321/crystaltileFonts.zip
Crystaltile2 puts too much padding in the CWDH section - it's to a 4 byte boundary, not 8.

Well that padding may have something to do with the "An item with the same key has already been added" which is the padding part of it, plus reading 8 bites of the same CWDH Mapper that apparently is missing or was never programed when the owner of CrystalTile made the program, also I found out this user is no longer with us so that means no way of finding out the real problem or I'd have to add something in order to read it.

Cierpa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
DarthNemesis please repair NFTR Editor. Still doesnt work correctly when I trying change font width or creating new font. When I doing that, suddenly appears an error, just like Kajitani-Eizan
informs:

Kajitani-Eizan said:
another issue... upon trying to change the dimensions via the properties window in the above tiny font (e.g. width from 3 to 4, but any change seems to trigger it):

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.Font.ResizeTiles(Byte w, Byte h)
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.MainForm.ResizeTiles(Byte w, Byte h)
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.PropertiesForm.ApplyChanges()
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.PropertiesForm.ButtonOKClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

it does seem to go on to change the dimensions correctly if you hit Continue, but i'm guessing you'd want to know about the program throwing any unhandled exceptions
tongue.gif

If you had little time... please fix program and send link.

P.S
I am waiting for version 1.5 with new cool components
gbasp.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, as you may have noticed, Phantasy Star 0 has just come out, with the most awful font ever. So I tried to edit it and got this message:
Code:
System.FormatException: File is not NFTR format.
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.MainForm.OpenToolStripMenuItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Here's the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zhzaijmjwm4
I also tried the Japanese one, just out of curiosity, and got the same message (I suspect it's the same NFTR file, and for the US game they just used the original latin font from the Japanese game, hence the uglyness).
Anyway, it would be good if I could edit this font as it's truly hideous.
Thanks!

SecretChao428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Freudian Lemur said:
File is not NFTR format.
Like most of the files in PS0, it's compressed/encrypted and therefore completely unreadable by the program.

Now and days game compaines will try to lock out such programs like DSLazyor any unpacker with some code on top that will have such, to prevent it from being hacked,

Anyway, I need to know if NFTR Editor 2.0 may have ablities to add or remove mapper characters via Table File, as well as add addional mappers to read them in a game(the code between the table file below and the VH/VWF code above)?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version is out, added support for padding and vertical fonts.

Kajitani-Eizan said:
Whoops, don't know how I missed this one... should be fixed now.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
being able to copy one font character over another would be handy in case the game doesnt support ascii but it has ascii characters in the font (sjis english characters are usually fixed width)

SecretChao428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have another question, will NFTR Editor also include mappers that the games will read the fonts, that was one important issue I wanted to mention on here, just like the NFTR files the games already have?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SecretChao428 said:
I also have another question, will NFTR Editor also include mappers that the games will read the fonts, that was one important issue I wanted to mention on here, just like the NFTR files the games already have?
Don't understand what you're asking here. I'm rewriting the program to be able to add/edit CMAP sections, if that's what you mean...

SecretChao428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
SecretChao428 said:
Don't understand what you're asking here. I'm rewriting the program to be able to add/edit CMAP sections, if that's what you mean...
Close, just to be a bit clear, it is the mapper section below the high/width encoding and above the compressed table file data.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SecretChao428 said:
Close, just to be a bit clear, it is the mapper section below the high/width encoding and above the compressed table file data.
What? I've never seen an NFTR font with compressed data or with anything between the CWDH and CMAP sections.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea about this error message? I've tried the program on all my computers at home (running Windows XP with different .Net framework ranging from 2.0 to 4) and I couldn't get the Character Map to work on any of them. (The program worked though but I couldn't open character map.)

Thank you so much.

(Error code under spoiler tag.)
QUOTE said:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

at NFTRedit.MainForm.CharacterMapToolStripMenuItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
NFTRedit
Assembly Version: 1.0.3655.42804
Win32 Version: 1.0.3655.42804
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Admin/My%20Documents/My%20Downloads/NFTRedit%201.7/NFTRedit/NFTRedit.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...