• Replies 451
  • Likes 16

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Zelda already confirmed, I wouldn't be optimistic nor pessimistic over the possibility of a Majora's Mask remake.
Pikmin - Portable? I sort of doubt that.
Metroid - Hell fucking yes.

I mainly want to see a new WarioWare game. It's been 2 damned years.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good job m8 on this post! Perhaps you can just edit the original post when adding new titles :)

New Zelda already confirmed, I wouldn't be optimistic nor pessimistic over the possibility of a Majora's Mask remake.
Pikmin - Portable? I sort of doubt that.
Metroid - Hell fucking yes.

I mainly want to see a new WarioWare game. It's been 2 damned years.

Where did you read zelda is confirmed? pikmin or elibits would be cool!

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Good job m8 on this post! Perhaps you can just edit the original post when adding new titles :)

Where did you read zelda is confirmed? pikmin or elibits would be cool!
Nintendo has said at least once or twice that a new Zelda would come to the 3DS before a hypothetical Majora's Mask remake. So they've confirmed there would be one, just not the specific title, or any details about it.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I know they're DSiWare, I was just pointing out how bad value Ikachan is compared to some good DSiWare, and the fact that it's free on PC without much change to the game (Cave Story at least included a few new modes).

Here's a few descriptions I thought up for some of the games. Would you consider using them?

Fluidity: Spin Cycle - Superior sequel to one of the best games on WiiWare. Be warned that the gyro controls take some getting used to and there's no 3D.
Art of Balance TOUCH! - Expansion of the WiiWare game. Features beautiful graphics, good music, addictive gameplay, and hours of content for your money.
Cave Story+ - Definitive version of what is often considered the best freeware/indie game ever made (It only took 17 fucking ports)
Addition to Bit.Trip SAGA - Be wary of framerate issues and audio/visual lag. Now available on the eShop for less then original MSRP. Holy fucking shit a first.
Addition to Mercenaries - Very short on content so only get if you can find it cheap. (it's like $5 at Sears anyways)
Added your descriptions as well as the new games announced at the recent Nintendo Direct.

But on the topic of upcoming 3DS games, I'd rather have a 2D Metroid on the 3DS with a 3D one on the Wii U. That way, we get HD Metroid along with classic 2D goodness.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Added your descriptions as well as the new games announced at the recent Nintendo Direct.

But on the topic of upcoming 3DS games, I'd rather have a 2D Metroid on the 3DS with a 3D one on the Wii U. That way, we get HD Metroid along with classic 2D goodness.
Why not have a "3D platforming" Metroid on 3DS (akin to Other M, but without all the irritating garbage), and Prime-like first person or over the shoulder Metroid on Wii U?

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Wow, after reading this thread I'm so glad I bought a 3DS!
I wouldn't be surprised if they come with a Wario Ware 3D, Majora's Mask 3D (or a new 3D Zelda)...

If you want to buy Cave Story, stay away from Cave Story 3D. Too much visual remake is bad for this game. The "Classic Mode" is ugly 3D background with blurry 2D sprites. bleh.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, after reading this thread I'm so glad I bought a 3DS!
I wouldn't be surprised if they come with a Wario Ware 3D, Majora's Mask 3D (or a new 3D Zelda)...

If you want to buy Cave Story, stay away from Cave Story 3D. Too much visual remake is bad for this game. The "Classic Mode" is ugly 3D background with blurry 2D sprites. bleh.
My main problem with Cave Story 3D is the 3D effect itself. It's way too strong, and is overall poorly done (random things that are supposed to be in the foreground appear to be in the background, etc).

Plus, I'm pissed off about Classic Mode as well. You can't toggle between classic and standard in the same file (they're separate save files). Wtf? Seriously, the eShop version of Cave Story is what classic mode should've looked like (with optional music change and everything).

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Anyone else hyped for DKCR? Just checked out the trailer in 3D on the eShop and damn, the game is a perfect fit for 3D.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else hyped for DKCR? Just checked out the trailer in 3D on the eShop and damn, the game is a perfect fit for 3D.
I'm not sure what I think, honestly. On one hand, it's the kind of game I'd rather have on the go than play on a console, but on the other hand, I'd rather play multiplayer on the big screen, rather than getting two copies of the 3DS game to play on a small screen. I haven't actually played the game yet, so yeah... I kind of wish they just made an entirely new game, but hey, I'm not going to complain.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If theres one thing I love, its Donkey Kong, and Some Jazzy DK music. That game will be MINE!
Seconded, i LOVE the DKC series, and DKCR for the Wiii was excellent. I would love if they could milk a few more games out of this during the 3DS's lifespan, ill buy them all.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
DCKR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NSMB. It shits all over the NSMB series.

and dat music

I'm not sure what I think, honestly. On one hand, it's the kind of game I'd rather have on the go than play on a console, but on the other hand, I'd rather play multiplayer on the big screen, rather than getting two copies of the 3DS game to play on a small screen. I haven't actually played the game yet, so yeah... I kind of wish they just made an entirely new game, but hey, I'm not going to complain.
From what I played of the multiplayer, I didn't find it to be as good as the local multiplayer in games like NSMB. The game plays just fine in single-player.

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Plus, I'm pissed off about Classic Mode as well. You can't toggle between classic and standard in the same file (they're separate save files).

Weird, because I was able to switch classic/story with the same savefile...
And CaveStory + isn't on the eShop...

I have an european 3DS, I don't get it... Region locks and variations are so strange...

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Weird, because I was able to switch classic/story with the same savefile...
And CaveStory + isn't on the eShop...

I have an european 3DS, I don't get it... Region locks and variations are so strange...
Yeah, in the American version, new and classic mode have two separate sets of save files.

The version of Cave Story on the eShop IS Cave Story +, minus the updated graphics and music, even though it's not called that. It has all of Nicalis' changes to all other versions of the game, plus Curly Story, extra modes, seasonal sprite themes, etc from Plus. I just call it Cave Story + to better differentiate between the eShop and retail 3D version.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want nintendo to do a new IP, and not just do old things over and over again.
images

Happy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: my brother found our copies of both pokemon diamond and pokemon black