Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
173616-173419-lol.jpg
picture is entirely fan-made and in no way related to final product

Nintendo's upcoming 3D-enabled portable game system -- the 3DS, or whatever its called -- is going to be shown off at E3 next month. As of now we know next to nothing about it. It must be something impressive, as Nintendo expects to sell 5 million systems this fiscal year.

According to EEDAR's Jesse Divnich, Nintendo's got big plans for 3D. "While Nintendo has not formally announced a timeframe for project 3DS, their financials speak a different story. According to their expected Nintendo DS and 3DS sales (they combine both sales into one category) our estimates indicate that Nintendo is expecting the 3DS to sell 5 million units by March 2011," he said.

Divnich says that Nintendo is likely to announce that the 3DS will be available in at least two regions in November of this year. Oh, and you can expect to know its real name. That would be good.

These numbers are the same as the sales of the DS back in 2005. I don't know that gamers are as excited for the 3DS as they were for the original DS, though. Maybe we'll see something that makes it that exciting next month.
Source.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I can easily see them making it to 5 million by the end of the fiscal year, assuming they release it before thanksgiving (USA)... I can see it now, $20 off on the 3DS at most every store on Black Friday (For those of you who don't know, Black Friday)

They'll sell quite a few if they do that
biggrin.gif

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
Oh please be UK in November (I would say Europe but the UK is being taken out of it).

Since when? Most of the UK's trade is with Europe so economically that'd be a disaster and I can't see that happening.

As for November I'd say that it's a good chance it will be around then if Nintendo want to sell 5 million. It would give them a good 5 months or so to do it in.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
QUOTE said:
173616-173419-lol.jpg
picture is entirely fan-made and in no way related to final product

Nintendo's upcoming 3D-enabled portable game system -- the 3DS, or whatever its called -- is going to be shown off at E3 next month. As of now we know next to nothing about it. It must be something impressive, as Nintendo expects to sell 5 million systems this fiscal year.

According to EEDAR's Jesse Divnich, Nintendo's got big plans for 3D. "While Nintendo has not formally announced a timeframe for project 3DS, their financials speak a different story. According to their expected Nintendo DS and 3DS sales (they combine both sales into one category) our estimates indicate that Nintendo is expecting the 3DS to sell 5 million units by March 2011," he said.

Divnich says that Nintendo is likely to announce that the 3DS will be available in at least two regions in November of this year. Oh, and you can expect to know its real name. That would be good.

These numbers are the same as the sales of the DS back in 2005. I don't know that gamers are as excited for the 3DS as they were for the original DS, though. Maybe we'll see something that makes it that exciting next month.
Source.
i hope the final product looks that good

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
frogmyster3 said:
giratina16 said:
Oh please be UK in November (I would say Europe but the UK is being taken out of it).

Since when? Most of the UK's trade is with Europe so economically that'd be a disaster and I can't see that happening.

As for November I'd say that it's a good chance it will be around then if Nintendo want to sell 5 million. It would give them a good 5 months or so to do it in.

David Cameron has said he is taking us out of Europe.

QUOTE(Escape @ May 13 2010, 06:10 PM)
^I seriously hope you're kidding, the design looks horrible (well, in my opinion at least).
Well it actually says underneath the picture it's fan made.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, he/she... I mean me, knew that this wasn't the real design, but was responding to the comment above me, who said that the fake design looks good, while it looks just horrible (again, in my opinion).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Escape said:
Actually, he/she... I mean me, knew that this wasn't the real design, but was responding to the comment above me, who said that the fake design looks good, while it looks just horrible (again, in my opinion).
That's what I meant, actually. It seems this thread has created quite a lot of confusion
tongue.gif

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am hoping that to meet this expectation, Nintendo will plan a worldwide release of this new handheld, hopefully before Christmas. I will be keeping my fingers crossed.
yaynds.gif

iYoshi-

Trophies
XP
Country
Escape said:
^I seriously hope you're kidding, the design looks horrible (well, in my opinion at least).

Agree'd

But yeah, there has been a lot of talk on the "3DS" so you never know, It could either make or break Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1