Nintendo officially confirms Switch successor console, announces Nintendo Direct for next month

nitennzomg.png

While rumors had been floating about rampantly as to the future plans of Nintendo, the President of the company, Shuntaro Furukawa, made a brief statement confirming that Nintendo is indeed working on a successor to the Nintendo Switch. Capping off Nintendo's quarterly financial report was an announcement that the unveiling of Nintendo's follow-up to the Switch would happen before the end of this fiscal year (March 2025). In the same message, Furukawa also announced that a Nintendo Direct is on the way sometime in June--though it will focus solely on latter-half 2024 Nintendo Switch titles, and will not feature any information regarding the successor system.

Current rumor reports state that a "Nintendo Switch 2" system was scheduled to be released around holiday 2024, though the hardware was delayed internally, to make sure that the upcoming system had as many quality launch titles as possible. Bloomberg has reported that Nintendo has been supplied with a notable amount of 8-inch Foxconn LCD screens, implying that the new Nintendo hardware may be very similar to the Nintendo Switch.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine with them having simple as a choice, but I do want some more Nintendo vibes on the OS.

Next Switch needs to have major focus on VR or 3D otherwise

They might do Labo again down the line, but I doubt it will become their main focus.

Rumors said the new console will be similar to a PS4/XONE in terms of power.
Considering it'll still be hybrid console, i think it would be nice
we already know the main nvidia chip and its specs. we already know the important parts, except for the gimmick/unique feature(s)

Well, we don't know the amount of ram or the games, but the amount of power is about 3 or 4 generational leap. so it's still behind one generation 😂

Even just PS4 wouldn't be a problem, since even now the PS4 is still getting games. That said, we are most likely getting DLSS on top of that.

Reactions: osaka35 and Quore

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can go suck a fat one. I'll probably grab one at launch and wait for CFW

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Hopefully the next console isn't a tablet again with a totally dumb name like "Switch 2" or "New Switch 2 XL". I mean, look at the Wii u. That thing failed horribly.
Post automatically merged:

Nintendo can go suck a fat one. I'll probably grab one at launch and wait for CFW
CFW for switch 2 soon™

Reactions: SecureBoot

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean as in this is a predominantly Nintendo related site. I don't say things like "Fuck Justin Bieber!", then hang out on a music forum that is predominantly Justin Bieber related. :lol:
That's not true tho. Maybe a couple decades ago this was a primarily Nintendo account, but it's been gaming News since I've been a user (which is nearly a decade iirc). Every time Nintendo shows up in an article, 9/10 times it's to report on what crummy, anti consumer things they did this week.

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
It would be nice if the New Nintendo Switch 2 Pro + had 4K support because I just got a new tv recently
I don't think it will though :glare:
Maybe on its future SUPER DUPER PRO + 2 DELUXE LIMITED FROM HELL edition

And it isn't even guaranteed
Post automatically merged:

NES successor was the SNES so what if... Super Switch? 😆
The new console will be called SwitchU

Thats it my fellas its 2012 all over again :rofl2: :rofl2:

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Nintendo officially confirms Switch successor console, announces Nintendo Direct for next month"
Saying this two complete different thing together is kind of misleading.
Having a Switch successor is a given.
Having Nintendo coming next month is a non event.

Only that the announcement should come before March 25 is news. Lametendo.

By the way the new console is going to be called "Switch ( Nintendo's version )" Google "taylor’s version" and you will understand the idea behind. It's the same songs to non Swifties but is the best thing ever to Swifties.

Personally I can't wait to buy this "Nintendo's version". It's going to be the best Switch ever.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: