"Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition", a new NES Remix-like game, launching July 18th

After rumour got out about an upcoming NES Edition release for the famed Nintendo World Championships, Nintendo has officially unveiled the new game, titled "Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition".

The title seems to be similar in gameplay and focus (kind of a successor even) to what the NES Remix titles were in the Wii U, with timed challenges being available from a wide variety of NES titles, like the original The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 & 3, Ice Climbers, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Excitebike and much more, with up to 13 NES games to choose from.

Completed challenges and their times can be shared online to compete for the top spot, a "Speedrun Mode" is included to play for the best possible times, and a "Party Mode" that allows for up to 8 players locally to play at the same time and compete for the best times.

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition will be available on July 18th, 2024, on the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch.
A Deluxe set for the game will also be available, including a golden replica cartridge, 13 art cards for the NES games, 5 pins and the physical game cart for the Nintendo Switch.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 13 games? Man, that's a bummer. NES remix on the Wii U and 3DS had way more games than that. Oh well. At least its something new.

LanHikariDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it's good, but the challenges they showed off seem a little on the basic side. Feels like it's built as an easy nostalgia/dopamine rush. "OOOHHH, YOU GRABBED THE FIRST MUSHROOM IN MARIO BROS, GOOD JOB CONGRATS, YOU'RE THE BEST"

Reactions: newo

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only 13 games? Man, that's a bummer. NES remix on the Wii U and 3DS had way more games than that. Oh well. At least its something new.

Way more? Uh. No.

NES Remix = 16 games
NES Remix 2 = 12 games
NES Remix Pack = 28 games (However, this was just the first two titles in one but they were still separate titles. You had to pick between playing the first or second. The NES games weren't combined into a single game like with Ultimate NES Remix)
Ultimate NES Remix = 16 games (that were all just a compilation of games from the first two)

something new? it's paying full price for OLD shit yet again! :rofl:

So like reading your comments then.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESRB specified in-app purchases but that may just be the prompt to buy NSO since that technically counts.

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly thought this was going to be free right up until the part where they started talking about the deluxe set.

Reactions: Exnor

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESRB specified in-app purchases but that may just be the prompt to buy NSO since that technically counts.
I'd be more disappointed if there is actual DLC, since it's essentially reselling small sections of NES games. Especially if they release the DLC alongside the game.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like a neat take on NES Remix, but without the remix challenges which is a shame. Multiplayer mode looks fun, but I want to know who they hired for their UI design. It looks cluttered as all hell.

1715182260079.png

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is kinda lame, but the fans will eat it up. 😑
Post automatically merged:

Has the same feeling as those 99 battle royal Nintendo games, but with a little more content. I’m moderately anticipated for this,
Exactly. I thought it'd be an NSO game.

It's clear the end of the Switch is near now.

Reactions: Cranesbill

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering they're announcing the Switch's successor by the end of the fiscal year I'd imagine that anything remotely high budget has moved over development to that system (if it wasn't already in the first place). We'll probably get games like this for the remainder of the Switch's lifespan.
For example, Metroid Prime 4 will almost certainly be a Switch 2 launch title. Assuming the game even still exists.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wished that I've didn't have Pyoro spoiling about this game too early. But it's great to have a form of NES Remix back on the Switch. :)

Fuck Pyoro and his intentions of spoiling content.
that little bastard. shocked nintendo is doing something like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: User Gates "Disliked" your answer. +1