No Xbox 720 at E3, Microsoft confirms

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
With this kind of a gap, if the PS3 and XBox360 get ports of what's on the Wii U, they'll be watered down much like what we've seen with the Wii vs PS3/XBox360 right now.
However, it can go right back to the current scenario if those two new consoles are beefed up enough from the gap.
Yeah, that's what's odd about all this. the Wii U will dominate for two years, and then get trumped in performance by the other consoles (Well, at least the PS4. M$ seems pretty focused on Kinect right now).

Don't forget that the Kinect has been a very successful venture for Microsoft, so that doesn't mean their next console wouldn't be perform well.
Kinect is pretty revolutionary actually, if applied correctly to some games (not all of them, it'd be a real shame if it's controller was left to rot) it could be pretty awesome, the main issue with Kinect right now is that it's accuracy, although pretty good, sometimes fails badly.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
In some games tho, imagine what it'd be like playing an RPG where you had to do the actual movements, grabbing a sword from your scabbard, slashing enemies, jumping, etc.. All that could revolutionize gaming, but Microsoft would never venture that far and will simply stick with simple family fun games. =S
yeah, no. keep your motion controls away from my rpgs.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

The Durango and PS4 are probably going to release in 2013. They can't afford to give the Wii U that much of a headstart. E3 isn't the only time they're able to announce the new system.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YAY another Microsoft Press Conference where they show another 15-20 min demo of the next COD and whoring Kinect till where you just want them to shut up. Least they got Halo 4 to show so that'll be different.

Why would you remind us of the previous e3 shows and upcoming one so many months from the event? Oh well at least I will be afforded some time to type up the other presentations and MS' one during it.

As for the other discussion I am well up for a wii u being the main/preferred multiplat system as well. I doubt they will be able to tip me towards it for a day one purchase but I may just may not bother waiting for a nicely priced second hand one to appear.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In some games tho, imagine what it'd be like playing an RPG where you had to do the actual movements, grabbing a sword from your scabbard, slashing enemies, jumping, etc.. All that could revolutionize gaming, but Microsoft would never venture that far and will simply stick with simple family fun games. =S
yeah, no. keep your motion controls away from my rpgs.
Pffft, it could be awesome with W-RPG's D

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Microsoft said:
Xbox 360 didn't just outsell other consoles, it also outsold all other TV-connected devices like DVD players, as well as digital media receivers and home theater systems.
I stopped caring right about there. There's no way a 149$ console can sell more than stuff that sells for $20, like DVD players which are almost present in 2+ quantities in every household, with people buying them all the time.

I can't imagine people buying more than one 360 per household (except consoleholics), so those numbers doesn't make any sense.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we all knew that no xbox 3 would be shown this year lol.I'm still expecting a 2013 showing with launch in Nov 2013

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Microsoft said:
Xbox 360 didn't just outsell other consoles, it also outsold all other TV-connected devices like DVD players, as well as digital media receivers and home theater systems.
I stopped caring right about there. There's no way a 149$ console can sell more than stuff that sells for $20, like DVD players which are almost present in 2+ quantities in every household, with people buying them all the time.

I can't imagine people buying more than one 360 per household (except consoleholics), so those numbers doesn't make any sense.
Actually many people bought multiple 360s. Because of Microsoft's lovely 60% hardware failure rate

But that's beside the point. Microsoft just barely outsold the PS3, and didn't even come close to catching the Wii. Like hell it outsold the entire DVD player market. Oh well, this is Microsoft telling us about how successful Microsoft is. We can't exect accurate statistics.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the wiiu won't get trumped in performance by the other consoles since they'll all be pretty much almost identical to each other in speed, power and gfx. next gen is going to be very different than what we've been seeing for the last 30 years.
Yeah, I've heard that one each generation.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean that Nintendo had their first party games focus on gameplay rather than over-glorified graphics?

With such wonderful games like Wii Sports and Wii Party.

Also, implying that the Wii competitors didn't have better games.

I was implying that graphics aren't the be-all end-all of what makes a game crappy or fun. Yes, graphics are irrefutably important, but if game has hyper realistic graphics but the gameplay sucks, then where are you? Gameplay is often the more important factor, if superior hardware made better games 100% of the time, the Sega Genesis would have outsold the Snes (which had a weaker CPU than the Genesis). Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Sonic Colors, the list goes on. To say the Wii didn't have any good games is like saying Ubisoft doesn't believe in using piracy-inducing DRM.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You mean that Nintendo had their first party games focus on gameplay rather than over-glorified graphics?

With such wonderful games like Wii Sports and Wii Party.

Also, implying that the Wii competitors didn't have better games.

I was implying that graphics aren't the be-all end-all of what makes a game crappy or fun. Yes, graphics are irrefutably important, but if game has hyper realistic graphics but the gameplay sucks, then where are you? Gameplay is often the more important factor, if superior hardware made better games 100% of the time, the Sega Genesis would have outsold the Snes (which had a weaker CPU than the Genesis). Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Sonic Colors, the list goes on. To say the Wii didn't have any good games is like saying Ubisoft doesn't believe in using piracy-inducing DRM.
Oh look, it's this conversation again

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the wiiu won't get trumped in performance by the other consoles since they'll all be pretty much almost identical to each other in speed, power and gfx. next gen is going to be very different than what we've been seeing for the last 30 years.
Yeah, I've heard that one each generation.
how can you improve on 1080p and 60fps than? (wait the current consoles dont even run in 60fps or half the time even 1080p) :P

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont be good for Nintendo. Maybe they should wait for 2013 too because Microsoft and Sony are watching Nintendo's Wii U to see how it turn out to be and possibly copy some from Wii U to beat its console. Who know. Jeez.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.