Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
JoostinOnline said:
pjmorie said:
Hi all, can you copy Wii game backups from one external hard drive to another, both formated as FAT32, using simple drag and drop on a computer or is it better to use a program like Wii Backup Manager?
Use WBM for sure.
if both drive's are formatted as FAT32 and the games are already in *.wbfs format, u can copy them from one drive to another using simple drag and drog on a computer. WBM works in all scenario's though, regardless of whether transferring from ntfs to fat32, or using wbfs files or iso or cISOs or sparsed ISOs etc.

So basically, u can either either method when transferring from 1 FAT32 HDD to another, it makes no difference.

edit: WBM give's u the option to pause or stop transferring midway through the bulk transfer, so that's another advantage of WBM
It also does md5 checks, creates separate folders for each game, downloads covers, and more, all without any drawbacks. It does make a difference.
wink.gif

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
XFlak said:
JoostinOnline said:
pjmorie said:
Hi all, can you copy Wii game backups from one external hard drive to another, both formated as FAT32, using simple drag and drop on a computer or is it better to use a program like Wii Backup Manager?
Use WBM for sure.
if both drive's are formatted as FAT32 and the games are already in *.wbfs format, u can copy them from one drive to another using simple drag and drog on a computer. WBM works in all scenario's though, regardless of whether transferring from ntfs to fat32, or using wbfs files or iso or cISOs or sparsed ISOs etc.

So basically, u can either either method when transferring from 1 FAT32 HDD to another, it makes no difference.

edit: WBM give's u the option to pause or stop transferring midway through the bulk transfer, so that's another advantage of WBM
It also does md5 checks, creates separate folders for each game, downloads covers, and more, all without any drawbacks. It does make a difference.
wink.gif

XFlack, JoostinOnline, thanks for the info, I'll stick to using WBM to copy from one drive to another.

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have asked this before here, but I have made more changes to my wii. I have 4.3u

I got Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Stormy, Blazing, and Light. So far only the light version works, and the others dont, I just get a black screen. I have updated all my cIOS' with Pimp my Wii 2.25, this gave me Wanikoko's 249, Hermes 222 223 224, and updated the trucha bug on like every IOS etc.

Tried stormy and Blazing, didn't work.

Then I tried installing the d2x cIOS which is supposedly making Wanikoko's 249 outdated, so I got that and added it to 247 and 248. I installed the games again, and blazing and stormy still dont work.

Then lastly, I applied "StartPatch", because at this point, Most of my Wii games past Super Mario Galaxy 2 were asking me to Update, and I figured the region free channel feature would help me. Even after StartPatch is applied, Blazing and Stormy versions still do not work. Also I have the region free patched version and the unpatched Japanese, and for some reason my Manager wont let me install the unpatched version even if my Wii is now able to have channels from any region.

According to showmethewads, these games use IOS 55, I have tried installing the games through that IOS, but it still doesn't work. I am at the brink of giving up, but someone on youtube has blazing working on his 4.3U wii, so I know its possible (That user claims, he updated from 4.2 to 4.3, doesn't really know about cIOS', and the game worked for him, I wish I knew how his Wii was setup.)

Can anyone help me? I would really like to play Stormy version.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi DDRPenguin, my advice is to completely re-hack your wii using modmii, this will update all your ios and cios, that should help
smile.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DDRPenguin said:
So when I am finished re-hacking, does that mean Startpatch would need to be re-installed? Or will it be left alone?
ModMii will give you the possibility to install priiloader, that can do the same than startpatch.

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I finished downloading the files, but I didn't get a guide on what I am supposed to do. I told it I had Smash brothers, does that mean I need to do the Smashstack tutorial? I have the files in the SD root directory. How would I go about installing the re-hack?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DDRPenguin said:
I finished downloading the files, but I didn't get a guide on what I am supposed to do. I told it I had Smash brothers, does that mean I need to do the Smashstack tutorial? I have the files in the SD root directory. How would I go about installing the re-hack?
all you need to do is copy the wad folder over to your sd card, put priiloader an the 236 installer into you apps folder. go to hb channel an load the 236 installer.after your done with that, install priiloader from hb, after both of those are finished. go to wad manager of your choice. an load all the wad. not all at once do 4 or 5 at a time. (to make sure they all install. you don't need the game or re hack.. just re do or update, using mod mii.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DDRPenguin said:
I installed everything but the priiloader since I want to stay with StartPatch. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Stormy still doesn't work. Is priiloader really necessary in making this game work?
Priiloader is way better than StartPatch. Uninstall StartPatch and install Priiloader.

ShadowFyre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...Looks like I need help now. I've been using MightyChannels for a solid year now, but I think I want to switch over to SNEEK+DI. Could someone give me step-by-step instructions? I know there are other tutorials on the Temp, but I don't think I know quite what I'm doing.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowFyre said:
...Looks like I need help now. I've been using MightyChannels for a solid year now, but I think I want to switch over to SNEEK+DI. Could someone give me step-by-step instructions? I know there are other tutorials on the Temp, but I don't think I know quite what I'm doing.
Just use ModMii to set it up, it couldn't be easier.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question:

A friend of mine can't access his Wii settings(Black screen is a semi-brick right?), he softmodded his Wii, has costum theme, USB-loader. How to fix this? .< Sorry.

happend trough theme switching,

His wii is at 4.1E

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
Question:

A friend of mine can't access his Wii settings(Black screen is a semi-brick right?), he softmodded his Wii, has costum theme, USB-loader. How to fix this? .< Sorry.

His wii is at 4.1E
Does he have Priiloader or Bootmii as boot2?

jarl123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Dark Langin said:
Question:

His wii is at 4.1E
Does he have Priiloader or Bootmii as boot2?
i have bootmii i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"