Status
Not open for further replies.

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
The game is perfectly playable without a translation, so I think that's why no one is willing to pick it up.

The sequel actually needs some amount of japanese knowledge (or a walkthrough) to get through the story mode, since you have to be wearing certain outfits at specific points.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
List has been updated, and dice, big thanks for stepping in from time to time, I really appreciate it
wink.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Toni / other Mods / translators,

I would like to 'voice' my support for the request of Deltora Quest Nanatsu no Houseki to be translated. I never knew there was a DS game release, albeit JAP, until I read this thread (but I can't read foreign languages and I'm not about to start trying)
laugh.gif
I enjoyed reading the novels and think the game could be interesting and fun to play.

I've been thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to include a 'no end date' voting system (or something similar) here for 'preferred' translations, so the translation enthusiasts could gain a better understanding of how well a particular game translation would be appreciated. As it stands, all requests appear to benefit one person only (the requestor). I'm sure if there was a mass vote for one or more games, over and above all others, it may give the translators a bit more 'drive' and motivation to complete such a request.
cool.gif

What do you think? Irrespective of the answer, vote +1 for Deltora Quest
yaynds.gif

boojumz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i honestly think that no one will be willing to translate a visual novel just because other people like it. Deltora quest (i looked at it) specifically, is practically a 256 megabyte, a 2-gigabit cartridge, of happy fun compressed text. that is a lot. more than anything i've ever seen before. (then again, i've never looked at super robot taisen...i'm not sure which would be bigger.)
translating just 5 plain megabytes of plain text would take at least a year, assuming you eat, sleep, and go to work/school.
And War does have a point. translations take a lot of time and dedication and love. the only way i see a request actually pulling through (or at least how it would ever happen with me) would be a hacker/translator/team looks at this thread, says "oh, that game looks neat", looks it up on gamefaqs.com (sorry, i just happen to find it quite useful), look up the pictures and then decide to do it. either that, or the person's interest was piqued because they knew a game or other games related to it (like my case with summon night).
no offense, dark night, but i don't think the voting system would be very useful.

GaoGaiGar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Zoids game looks fun. I know a lot about Zoids, but no Japanese...maybe I can do something if I run it through Babelfish, then patch it up a little? It shouldn't be hard, especially if I have some help...

But I have no clue how to actually apply what I translate (if I can, that is) into a patch.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boojumz said:
i honestly think that no one will be willing to translate a visual novel just because other people like it. *snip* And War does have a point. translations take a lot of time and dedication and love. *snip*
no offense, dark night, but i don't think the voting system would be very useful.
Absolutely no offence taken. Although I have no idea on hacking/translating processes, I appreciate that it must take a lot of passion, patience & basically unrewarded time to do it (I did have a paragraph in my original post about it, but removed it to reduce the post size
rolleyes.gif
).
Seeing the Mods deemed it appropriate to "sticky" such a thread, I thought I would suggest an 'enhancement'.....but it seems by both your thoughts that this thread is basically just a "forum filler", with a minute chance someone might actually even read it and fill a request. Which dims one's enthusiasm for visiting this thread.
dry.gif

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind seeing somebody work on ASH. It seems unlikely that it will get an English release at this point, Even a menu patch would be great, but I honestly have no idea how the text was handled

RedCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
warmijwilfaain said:
Is there a Lucky Star Moe-Drill patch? That would be awesome!
I'll do the proper request for ya....
wink.gif

Game name
934356_77806_front.jpg

Shin Lucky * Star Moe Drill: Tabidachi

Release date
JP, 05/24/07

Game info
I dunno just look into screenshots and videos....but it looks educative
nyanya.gif

Screenshots

if the video doesn't come out click......HERE
934356_77806_back.jpg

580114-180x350.jpg

580119-640x500.jpg

Reactions: Ulieq

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It's part of the game. It gives you a Japanese sentence and you have to complete the sentence in English.

Love to see a Lucky Star game translation too but I don't know how well the game will translate.

Minnesinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My first ever post here and no less than 3 requests:

Game name:
Death Note - Kira Game

Release date:
Feb 15, 2007 - Japan

Game info:
Based on the manga Death Note. Action/Adventure. Loads of text and looks somewhat like Phoenix Wright. Game made by Konami. No release in west since the Death Note manga didn't get/have a wide enough fanbase over here.

Screenshots
main.jpg

ss1.gif

ss3.gif

ss2.gif

ss1.gif

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss2.gif

ss1.gif

ss3.gif

ss5.gif

ss4.gif

Game trailers:

Official Homepage:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/deathnote/kiragame/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game name:
Death Note - L wo Tsugu Mono

Release date:
Jul 12, 2007 - Japan

Game info:
Based on the manga Death Note. Action/Adventure/Strategy. Game made by Konami. No release in west since the Death Note manga didn't get/have a wide enough fanbase here.

Screenshots:
Cant find any good. However the trailers and official homepage gives you a good idea.

Game trailers:

Official homepage:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/deathnote/l/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game name:
L - The Prologue to Death Note - Rasen no Wana

Release date:
Feb 07, 2008 - Japan

Game info:
Based on the manga Death Note. Adventure. Game made by Konami. Same as the two others. HOWEVER! The official homepage has some english on it and it says something (in japaneese) about Warner Brothers and a feature film (I think). This one might accually make it overseas?

Screenshots:
Same for screens on this one. Official homepage and game trailers gives you a good hint.

Game trailers:

Official homepage:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/deathnote/

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sanderino said:
Hi,
Can you please translate Ryuesei no Rockman 3 Black ace in english?
All the Mega Man Star Force games come out in NA. There's no need to translate it to English because Capcom will do it. The game will come out Q2 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D