Hacking OK I've figured out the encryption sakura 1.34

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Densetsu3000 said:
I'm downloading Sakura 1.34 2nd edition right now, but handheldsources.com is taking forever (an abysmal 7.23KB/sec) and linfoxdomain.com doesn't have the file up for some reason. The file is there, but when I download and open it, it's the wrong file. He must've made a mistake in naming the file or something. I couldn't find the Japanese version on gbalpha.cn (or maybe it's there, but I just can't read Chinese to navigate the page to the version I want). If anyone knows of another mirror for the Japanese version, I'll check it for homebrew compatibility and other changes.

You guys are full of AWESOME. I only wish I knew how to do what you guys are doing. Seeing as how the only unique contribution I have is my "ability" to boot the firmware, if anyone wants me to run some tests, just let me know.

My download is finished, I posted a copy below.

http://mrseiko.animutationportal.com/pics/...34x_2nd_JPN.zip

(Upload should be complete now)

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Densetsu3000 said:
Ok, I'm downloading it now. It's still slow, but it's faster than handheldsources.com.

I noticed that the file you posted is 15.0MB. The Japanese version I'm downloading from handheldsources is 21.1MB. Is this the right version (Japanese)?

My FTP **may** have crapped out part-way through..

If you re-initiate the download it should be the 21.1 MB now.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ooosp! the 15MB version is the asian version. it only comes with trad. chinese, simp. chinese and korean.

sorry. didnt know u needed the japanese version. i dont think gbalpha.cn has the japanese version yet.

9600pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Densetsu3000 said:
I'm downloading Sakura 1.34 2nd edition right now, but handheldsources.com is taking forever (an abysmal 7.23KB/sec) and linfoxdomain.com doesn't have the file up for some reason. The file is there, but when I download and open it, it's the wrong file. He must've made a mistake in naming the file or something. I couldn't find the Japanese version on gbalpha.cn (or maybe it's there, but I just can't read Chinese to navigate the page to the version I want). If anyone knows of another mirror for the Japanese version, I'll check it for homebrew compatibility and other changes.

You guys are full of AWESOME. I only wish I knew how to do what you guys are doing. Seeing as how the only unique contribution I have is my "ability" to boot the firmware, if anyone wants me to run some tests, just let me know.
The only change in the new 2nd edition of M3 Sakura 1.34 are the touchpod firmware version 4.2d bult in.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
9600pro said:
The only change in the new 2nd edition of M3 Sakura 1.34 are the touchpod firmware version 4.2d bult in.
D'oh!
tongue.gif
Thanks for letting me know
biggrin.gif

*EDIT*
Guess it doesn't matter now, I just finished downloading from handheldsources.

liipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone please send me the modified g6dsload.jp with EU/US headers

My vertion of Hex Editor Neo is free trial "it doesn't include OPERATIONS",i've tried 10 diffrent hex editors and can't find a good one.

Styles420 said:
I think I agree with you - I'm starting with menu.* since it sounds like the next file to be loaded... startnds and startgba appeared to be nearly identical between the Asian and Japanese versions, so I think those files are less likely to have what we're looking for (doesn't mean I won't look, but they're lower on the priority list for now)

I think the next file to be loaded is g6dsload.1 and the menu.jp is used in the case that you you choose "touchpod" default firmware to load.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liipod said:
Can someone please send me the modified g6dsload.jp with EU/US headers

My vertion of Hex Editor Neo is free trial "it doesn't include OPERATIONS",i've tried 10 diffrent hex editors and can't find a good one.

Styles420 said:
I think I agree with you - I'm starting with menu.* since it sounds like the next file to be loaded... startnds and startgba appeared to be nearly identical between the Asian and Japanese versions, so I think those files are less likely to have what we're looking for (doesn't mean I won't look, but they're lower on the priority list for now)

I think the next file to be loaded is g6dsload.1 and the menu.jp is used in the case that you you choose "touchpod" default firmware to load.

Already checked that out (I think... brain is turning to mush - people aren't supposed to work solely in Hex for 12 hours straight) and it was identical to the Asian region... I will double check to verify this though

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Styles420 said:
So far, no luck - created the missing .eng files from the .gb files, XORing headers as necessary... still looking for the region lock though, can't determine what's going on from black screens...

My thought is, that g6dsload.jp/gb/eng have some reference to the files. (i mean, DS reads, what command to operate, and from which exactly file to read this command, so...)
So the thought is: see the 'hacked version': there are no more *.eng files, except the g6dsload one.
I guess, there's 'prescripted' in this (or in *.1/*.2 file) that, for example DS should next read line x in the file *.jp
So, if you see the regional lock in other *.jp files, just correct them without renaming.. (Or do they really need to be corrected? I mean the others, not the g6dsloader, of course)))
Maybe this would help?)))

And again.. about the *.ext files:

after hacking them, check the size, it should be exactly the same as the size of the original file =)

dfgged

Bridges
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just had a break through I thought. I tried putting the system folder into my iTouch and then booting M3 Sakura DLDI. I got a message saying I'm missing language.spt. Just in case it's important the message is
"boot M3Sakura firmware version 1.10
May 30 2008 01:37:18 GMT+09:00
Arm "
and my DS died. I'll edit this tommorrow with the rest of the message.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading this thread, I feel like I'm watching history in the making. I don't know about you, but watching dedicated hackers cooperate from across the world to decrypt a flashcart firmware is much more exciting than anything political.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
Reading this thread, I feel like I'm watching history in the making. I don't know about you, but watching dedicated hackers cooperate from across the world to decrypt a flashcart firmware is much more exciting than anything political.

Lol, amen to that! Go Hackers! Umm oh yeah and Go Obama!

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just confirmed the g6dsload.1 is identical between Asian Sakura and touchpod... misplaced my JP touchpod files, but I will do that comparison when I find them.

I'm thinking about replacing the g6dsload.1 from the JP Sakura with the newest English touchpod to see what happens...

UPDATE: They are also identical... so g6dsload.1 is not part of the region lock issue

SeaofTea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I've been out of the game for a day or two but I had school and work and a little sleep but I'm jumping back in.

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SeaofTea said:
Alright I've been out of the game for a day or two but I had school and work and a little sleep but I'm jumping back in.

Welcome Back!! ^__^

I, Personally, have gone completely Cross-eyed comparing files.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct, Johnny - the g6dsload files seem to have unique codes, which at this point I am assuming are references to the text, so they are language specific. So if we use Densetsu's translation file (as if there was any doubt), we shouldn't need to change the jp references too much - he already changed what they reference to.

It seems apparent that parts of the loader function where the region lock was previously found in 1.12 have been moved into other files in the new version. If not, then they've simply added more locks to slow us down. I still can't get past the initial OS selection screen, though I did an experiment that may lead to some answers:

In the system folder, I only copied the g6dsload.eng file. This was just a copy of the .jp version with the header corrected via XOR 0x15. When booting the system, I get the "No system file" message.

Then I brought g6dsload.1 and .2 and got black screens (I had to doublecheck my .1 to make sure the bit had not been set - still FF FF).

So from this I know that the selection menu is outside of these three files - I will continue loading one file at a time like this to see where it takes me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care