Hardware Old Nokia Phones, Series40, Java Games and sound issues

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your intervention; I was afraid that the topic didn't interest anyone..... well, come to think of it, maybe it doesn't interest you either and you only replied out of kindness and compassion, I guess.
Regarding what you call a wall of colorful pictures, I thought they would awaken the interest and wonder of some users more that way, but I had not in the least thought that you would participate and be accidentally blinded by their brilliance... 😅 and for that I apologize.

Anyway, I confirm to you that that slightly older model is more efficient in handling Java games than those two newer ones: but my assumption is that the features of these claimed by the manufacturer are not actually so (especially the available RAM). Above all, I noticed that these are made in China, while the nokia 206 is made in India: perhaps indicative of higher quality components of this one? Who knows and who cares.... But in the meantime I enjoy it, and I never fail to play a game of Diamond Twister, Block Breaker Deluxe or Puzzle Fighter II before I fall asleep. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your intervention; I was afraid that the topic didn't interest anyone..... well, come to think of it, maybe it doesn't interest you either and you only replied out of kindness and compassion, I guess.
Think again. The topic is interesting for me… and see: I've learned something now.
Just because I'm not actively using phones for anything that doesn't mean I ignore such topics. I even learned the basics in rooting and flashing Android phones (and now that I've had a look at them I like them even less than before).

Anyway, I confirm to you that that slightly older model is more efficient in handling Java games than those two newer ones: but my assumption is that the features of these claimed by the manufacturer are not actually so (especially the available RAM). Above all, I noticed that these are made in China, while the nokia 206 is made in India: perhaps indicative of higher quality components of this one? Who knows and who cares.... But in the meantime I enjoy it, and I never fail to play a game of Diamond Twister, Block Breaker Deluxe or Puzzle Fighter II before I fall asleep. 😉
Could as well be that the games require one specific version of the JVM and nothing else. Who knows?

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :sad:,:rofl2:, and:hrth::toot::hrth: at the same time. @SylverReZ
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ i did know that actually
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the Sonys and stuff I don't care about