Hardware Hacking OLED Switch Error 2002-3539 after HWFLY OLED V3 Install

bfum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to modding my switch OLED. I decided to not use one of the quick solder boards and solder directly to the points, and I used the stock DAT0 adapter that came with it.

Everything seemed to have gone well. The HWFLY went through it's cycle and flashed green, and the switch booted up to Hekate. I backed up the NAND before moving forward.

I installed an SD file emunand and got into atmosphere just fine. It runs homebrew and backups of games.

The issues start when I boot into its sysnand. Everything works fine for a while, I can even download a game from the eshop, but no matter what, it will eventually error out with the 2002-3539 error and ask that the switch be powered off.

• I've tried booting into safe mode, which works, but I get the same error if I try to preform a factory reset.
  • Restoring the nand backup will let me use the sysnand for a short while again, but it will always error out.
  • I've tried multiple SD cards, fat32 and exfat
My question is, could the switch still boot hekate and run an emunand with all of my solder points being soldered correctly? Could the DAT0 point being soldered incorrectly result in a successful boot but a damaged sysnand? I don't have a multimeter, and I'm sure that's an obvious thing to help me test my issue, so I'll be ordering one. I've attached some pictures below.

Thanks for your time!

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same issue during my second hwfly oled install. Sometimes the switch will get stuck at the switch logo screen, or it will just go black screen after the nintendo logo. Occasionally it can boot to ofw, but doing pretty much anything would result in the error screen you showed in the second picture.

In my case it's not DAT0 adapter, measured the voltage drop and it's about 500-600mV, seems normal to me. Booted the switch to maintenance mode and did a factory reset, that seems to have solved the issue. Played with the switch for about 2 weeks now and the problem is gone.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must have been blessed with a really good emmc. I was worried during the install because my measurement was low at 0.463. But that measurement remained constant throughout the whole process, including removing and re-inserting a few times to make sure, before locking it down with solder mask (I used one of the "better" adapters instead of the corner one). I have had zero issues with it.

But... "wiggle" the dat0 wire? The point on the board is super tiny, and you shouldn't be wiggling it at all. I glued my wire down very close to (but not covering) the dat0 point, just to make darn sure it doesn't pop off from something silly like rumble...

If you wiggled it by the connection point on the chip and that fixed you up, then you might have either a cold joint, or you didn't melt the enamel enough to make a good connection.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

carbncl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried many things to solve the same issue, then just before reflowing/reballing (and potentially damaging) the eMMC, I've figured that moving dat0 wire a little bit was enough to fix / trigger the problem... So I've changed wire path, made is loose a bit, and it now works... Interferences I guess. 🎉

Issue: Hekate benchmark 160MB/s with errors
IMG_0192.jpeg

Fixed: Hekate benchmark 300MB/s no errors
IMG_0193.jpeg

You should follow the latest sthetix guide, as it no longer recommend heating the eMMC, as the official guides does.
Apparently there are many issues with these flex fpcb kits that could lead to interferences like I had.

Had the very same issue. I also had the 500 mV measure. The mod chip worked. But I also had errors with hekate Emmc benchmark. Thanks to this thread, checking the dat0 revealed it was not soldered but just in contact, which is not enough for 300MB/s. Pushed the hot air temp higher than first time and this time it worked, problem solved. Thank you folks!

EDIT: I thought I fixed the issue by reflowing dat0, but it is still there :(

After reflowing the eMMC I had one hekate eMMC benchmark at 300MB/s with no errors, games starting fine from OFW. I’m now back to 160MB/s 2 errors, and OFW randomly failing at loading games from eMMC 🤦‍♂️

Maybe dat0 is still poorly soldered or I’ve damaged the eMMC, or could it be something else?
I guess I’ll have to open /unsolder to check that again 😓

Last edited by carbncl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to