Hacking Ookami Kakushi - Archive extraction, Possible Translation

AttackOtter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing around with the files in the ISO for this game for a while to try and access the images and everything, but I can't for the life of me find any resources that extract the game's files with any sort of fidelity.

For the DAT Files:
Edit: Got extraction working and have access to all the text files now.
  • Resource.DAT: Extraction works, files are encrypted or corrupted. Attempts to convert the .GIM files do not work.
  • First.DAT: Extraction works, files also encrypted or corrupted. Attempts to convert the .GIM files do not work.
    • resource.dat
      • actpedia.dat
        • GIMs
      • actpediathum.dat
        • GIMs
      • image_bg.dat
        • GIMs
      • image_character.dat
        • GIMs
      • image_event.dat
        • GIMs
      • script.dat
        • A_AA01A.dat through D_AA12A.dat
          • x_AA0#x.000#.dat
            • X_AA0#x.dat (different kind of .DAT file. Not GPDA)
            • X_AA0#x.obj
      • title.dat
        • GIMs
    • first.dat
      • image_sharing.dat
        • GIM.gz
      • logo.dat
        • GIM.gz
      • save.dat
        • ICON0.png
        • ICON1.png
        • PIC1.png
      • script.dat
        • zz1.tmp
        • zz2.tmp
        • zz3.tmp
      • systemse.dat
        • se901.adx through se913.adx
      • text.dat (all end with .gz)
        • actpedia.txt
        • actpedialinklist.txt
        • albumlist.txt
        • ap.dat
        • apmap.dat
        • loadscriptimage.txt
        • selist.txt
        • utf8.txt
        • utf16.txt

Using Arc Extract, I was able to decrypt one of the GPDA archives, but all of the files were blank, or corrupted.
I attempted to use tonoritool but it didn't work either.

For the AFS files:
These were pretty much an easy thing to get and open right up in AFSExplorer, it's the AHX sound files I'm having trouble with. Either AFS is corrupting them upon extract, or it's because I can't for the life of me find something to play or convert them to a listenable format without breaking.

Possibility of Translation:
Unless I'm completely wrong with how games that use the basic PSP font work, it should be pretty easy to feed in a translation since the game uses said font. Unfortunately, without being able to extract the files to get the source for the script and images, I'm stuck with just using a texthooker to extract the text and no way to put it back into the game.

Edit: I'm not entirely fluent, but I have attempted a translation of the opening scene using my limited knowledge of Japanese and a Kanji dictionary, just as a sort of proof-of thing. There are probably tons of mistakes, but I tried to be accurate without being overly literal. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KDqY7pfyJA93wsQSS3E8NW7c_iAibD7bJLI297Wo4Nk/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by AttackOtter,

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I can extract you all (at least I tried some time before, scripts are not a problem). Just seems no meaning for that unless an experienced translator is on board.

BG11E.gim.png

EV01B.gim.png

CM06.gim.png

tt_bg.gim.png

Last edited by Scorp,

AttackOtter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even without an experienced translator, I would like to translate this for myself as sort of a learning tool to better my knowledge of the language, if that makes sense?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4rPCxHN1Zg