Hacking Patched Jump! Ultimate Stars doesnt start

tilopud_rye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been a small amount of development in getting the Patch to work on the DSTT. You can read the conversation (like 5 messages?) at the bottom of page 32 on the "NEW Translation" thread, but basically:

The patched version is 2 MBs smaller than the clean Rom. The DSTT has a function that can detect uncleanRoms (not sure what that's based on; on their official specs it says "No COVERT") but when user BlazingSalvo used a datafilling program to boost the patched version up to 64MBs.

Now; after changing the file size, he's able to get the game to load the logos and opening intro on the DSTT; however after the intro it goes back to the white screen.

It's not a total solution, but it's farther than what the DSTT could take it before. Hope deufeufeu gets to read this and offer some insight.

Basically it seems that the card is labeling the patch a COVERT application and locks up as a safety precaution. Just need a way to find our way through that...

BlazingSalvo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
comtois said:
i've been talking with the neoflash guys. seems like it is one of two issues, either the menu, or the hardware (sort of obvious, i know). so anyways, the hardware of the R6 is the same, but with a different menu system, so testing it on the R6 would be a good way of knowing if it can be fixed easily or not.

i sent links to all the patching info and to the patch and patcher themselves to the neoflash guys and they promise they'll take a look this weekend. in the meantime, if anyone can test on an R6, please post your results.

i'll be out of town for a week, but i'll start bugging the neoflash guys again when i get back if it's not fixed by then. i still have hope.....just not sure why...

Thanks for this, very much appreciated.

Shad0wguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues with the patched JUS as well. Mine will load, but for some reason it doesn't show the translations. It is still in all japanese.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shad0wguy said:
I am having issues with the patched JUS as well. Mine will load, but for some reason it doesn't show the translations. It is still in all japanese.

You most likely put the wrong file in your card.

It just goes white with the patched one.

Great translation btw : D. Hope this gets fixed soon and also with FFCC

Shad0wguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I repatched the file and am now getting the white screens, which seems consistent with what everyone else is experiencing.

tilopud_rye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the original size of the rom is 64 megs. The patched is 62.8 megs. When I bumped the patch so it matched with the cleanRom I got past the initial load screen and saw the Nintendo/etc logos! But then when the video was supposed to show up I got a black screen. I'm sure it has something with the DSTT "covert rom" reader, but nobody at neoflash or here is listening, so I guess we'll have to wait until words are read...

Until then... let's drink
grog.gif

p.s... if anyone is interested in that NeOflash thread I started- here it is. Post complaints here:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4907.0.html

Hope they open their ears...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk