ROM Hack Patching on a mac

mcjazzy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noobish question, would appreciate any help:
Apart from using bootcamp and virtual software, is there a way to patch ds files on a mac using the patches here?

Beyond that I would like to thank everyone who puts their hard efforts into this...SRW is good without a translation, knowing what's going on would make it even better.

Cheers

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
do you mean DLDI patching? well there is software for the mac to do that , the application is called DLDI drop. If you mean IPS patching im sure there is a few apps for it 2, but i never patched any on my mac.

woland84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
mcjazzy42 said:
Noobish question, would appreciate any help:
Apart from using bootcamp and virtual software, is there a way to patch ds files on a mac using the patches here?

Beyond that I would like to thank everyone who puts their hard efforts into this...SRW is good without a translation, knowing what's going on would make it even better.

Cheers

For IPS patches you have UIPS and IPS Patcher.
For xdelta and bsdiff just download sources and compile them.

Edit: Beaten to it
frown.gif

Another link for xdelta: http://code.google.com/p/xdelta/

mcjazzy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay i gave a try to patch mugen using jips..probably completely the wrong thing to do..but to be honest i have no clue what im doing anyway. Im trying to patch mugen and soma bringer...mugen uses a bdf? file and soma is xdelta. I have no idea how to compile these things.
Any suggestions? Thanks for the help btw

mcjazzy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay i gave a try to patch mugen using jips..probably completely the wrong thing to do..but to be honest i have no clue what im doing anyway. Im trying to patch mugen and soma bringer...mugen uses a bdf? file and soma is xdelta. I have no idea how to compile these things.
Any suggestions? Thanks for the help btw

quick edit to state that seeing as im technologically idiotic i'm going to have use a parallels to do it. hopefully that'll work.
Cheers for the help

mcjazzy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fantastic, after realising the need to rename and place the patch in the same folder (idiot that i am) it worked! Thank you DN and thank your friend as well.
Can i rewrite the command string to get it to work with other xd files? Anything i can do about a .bdf file?

Anyway I've got to dash to Uni, but cheers for all the hard work.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcjazzy42 said:
Fantastic, after realising the need to rename and place the patch in the same folder (idiot that i am) it worked! Thank you DN and thank your friend as well.
Can i rewrite the command string to get it to work with other xd files? Anything i can do about a .bdf file?

Anyway I've got to dash to Uni, but cheers for all the hard work.
.xd is a meaningless filename that I picked myself. The patcher should work with any patch created by xdelta if you either rename it or edit the command string.
Can't help you with bsdiff, sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @K3Nv2 do you have gold hen ps4?