IMG_2253.JPG
Raspberry Pi Pico.png

Bekir57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hello, I have bad news for you again. While installing picofly on my own switch, I removed the 3.3v component and it became unusable what can I do about this issue and how can I use the raspberry pi pico? There is no gpio 29 pin I'm sorry for my bad english
IMG_2253.JPG
Raspberry Pi Pico.png

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there's a "no sd" screen, but if you aren't getting that screen then pressing both buttons will not boot stock as it requires the payload to have executed on the switch for that option to function.
The both volumes bypass the chip to boot stock normal. Wondering if it dose the same.

Last edited by Magnus Hydra,

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but there is no twenty ninth pin in pico where do i connect the data0 pin
Don't use a Raspberry Pi Pico, you need to use an RP2040 board that exposes GP29 pin. Get an RP2040-Zero. If you insist on trying to use a real RP Pico, you need to wait for open source firmware to be released (I can't give you an ETA, will be done eventually.)

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but there is no twenty ninth pin in pico where do i connect the data0 pin
I think most people are focused on getting the Pico-zero working at the movement. Expanding it to other boards may happen afterwards…not sure though.

Bekir57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I thought about buying a pico zero, but it's expensive for my country's currency. I buy a $5 pico zero for 150 Turkish liras.

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about buying a pico zero, but it's expensive for my country's currency. I buy a $5 pico zero for 150 Turkish liras.
You'll be able to use it eventually, but you may have difficulty getting it to fit inside the console. You'll probably get it to fit by removing the button and port and cutting a hole in the EMI shield. Don't do that until the final firmware is out. The Zero is only about $3 on AliExpress btw, but I don't know about possible fees, etc that might make it more expensive for you.

Bekir57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
thanks but now my switch gave a blue screen error I hope it will be fixed when I replace the capacitor
Post automatically merged:

Why would you even buy something in the first place when this isn’t usable yet …
because I want to support development and improve myself in this regard.

Magnus Hydra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there's a "no sd" screen, but if you aren't getting that screen then pressing both buttons will not boot stock as it requires the payload to have executed on the switch for that option to function
There is no payload needed when hitting the 2 buttons. It bypasses the chip and boots stock. See video this is a Markio with a modchip and how it’s will bypass the chip to boot stock. Have u tried it? I seen you say you have to remove the chip to boot Ofw. Most people don’t know u can hit both volumes to disable/bypass the chip after that to boot ofw.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    26.6 MB

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no payload needed when hitting the 2 buttons. It bypasses the chip and boots stock. See video this is a Markio with a modchip and how it’s will bypass the chip to boot stock. Have u tried it or have a pico installed?
It doesn't really bypass the chip, the pico already done his job a the moment where you see the no sd screen pressing volume button just boot to hos

he mean that you can't use this function if the switch has not booted to the no sd payload

Magnus Hydra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really bypass the chip, the pico already done his job a the moment where you see the no sd screen pressing volume button just boot to hos

he mean that you can't use this function if the switch has not booted to the no sd payload
Edit:
Once the pico dose it’s job and boots the no sd screen. Pressing both volumes boot Ofw yes or no?

Because on a normal modchip after the modchip boots to no sd screen pressing both volumes will bypass/disable the chip and let OFW boot.

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no payload needed when hitting the 2 buttons. It bypasses the chip and boots stock. See video this is a Markio with a modchip and how it’s will bypass the chip to boot stock. Have u tried it? I seen you say you have to remove the chip to boot Ofw. Most people don’t know u can hit both volumes to disable/bypass the chip after that to boot ofw.
the "no SD" screen IS the payload, if it isn't launching (ie you have a black screen) you cannot bypass the chip by pressing the volume buttons. How would that even work? The volume buttons aren't connected to the Pico in any way, unlike on Trinket chips. The only way for that to work is to have code- the sdloader payload- running on the Switch to detect the button presses.
Post automatically merged:

Why would you even buy something in the first place when this isn’t usable yet …
because it will be soon? Plus, it IS useful for Ubuntu/Lakka.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
yes, I understand this from reading all the 78 pages :)
i wish mena/phenom could dropby this thread also

also forewarning, anyone attempting to try this.

backup your nand first, boot0,boot1 from a normal chip (hwfly or sx)
I did some stuff earlier and switch won't boot hos even with the pico is not connected

1. first install success, can get to hekate, get boot hos by pressing reboot to ofw
2. dumped boot0, boot1 with picofly
3. restored a mariko (lite) boot0, boot1 i had from a donor
4. picofly took a few seconds longer to glitch and call hekate
5. tried to reboot to ofw (normally it would start ofw) but now it is = BLUESCREEN
6. restored boot0, boot1 that i dumped from pico, no more bluescreen BUT
7. switch will boot hekate fine, but will blackscreen when restart to ofw, or even if the chip /picofly is removed
will put back a hwfly chip and restore boot0, boot1 from there maybe it will be fixed

i'm calling it softbrick for now, boots hekate, but no longer boots ofw even if the chip is removed.
so again, warning to all, do not trust the boot0/boot1 dump or any other dump made from picofly , will install a hwfly chip tomorrow (it's 11PM here +PST)
update on this, I'm somewhat relieved
Inoticed everytime i write back the original or even donor boot0, when when picofly starts, the led flashes WHITE longer than usual, I would assume, white is emmc WRITE

anyway,
I slapped in a normal modchip with hwfly fw 072
booted hekate,
loaded sysnand cfw - said something about warmboot (usually boot0 mismatch causes this)
decrypted pkg2 and it booted into hos

so I guess, the picofly fw 2.1 with potentially screw up and make your boot0 dirty

I will try to do this later

1. dump boot0, boot1, rawnand with modchip
2. install picofly (and it will write its own thing on boot0)
3. restore boot0, boot1, rawnand (which were dumped from the modchip)
4. try to boot hos again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P