• Love
Reactions: QuiTim and snaker

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
just asked because if someone already knew it .. why search if someone already passed by the same situation and can help it faster? i dont see any problem... anyway...sorry for the inconvenience
Yoi haven't understood anything from dee87's post. FIRST you try to find out your own, only AFTER that you ask around. do your research, that's the best way to learn. What you just said means you want others to do your work for you. Don't be lazy, do your work and start helping others with your experience. I hope I don't come across as rude, just stating my point of view.

Last edited by twins333,

CarlosCruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you write a tutorial about this method similar to xbox360's kamikaze hack? How do you mark the right spot? Thanks
I made the mark by scratching slightly with a pin.

These last photos that I uploaded are the final ones and I think it is enough information to be able to replicate it.

I got the idea from a single image in this thread dated March if I remember correctly. I attach the original photo.

It's quite dangerous precision work but so is touching the console in general or scratching the clk point.

The next thing I'll do is reballing to see if I specialize.
Post automatically merged:

How many did you do so far? This is just BALD.
Four times.

Attachments

• bore1.jpg
    bore1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 30

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I made the mark by scratching slightly with a pin.

These last photos that I uploaded are the final ones and I think it is enough information to be able to replicate it.

I got the idea from a single image in this thread dated March if I remember correctly. I attach the original photo.

It's quite dangerous precision work but so is touching the console in general or scratching the clk point.

The next thing I'll do is reballing to see if I specialize.
Post automatically merged:

Four times.
The clock line is two layers down?

• Love
Reactions: QuiTim and BaamAlex

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Per @abal1000x's testing, I've been successfully using 33k on these:

10pcs/lot IRFHS8342TRPBF IRFHS8342 IRS8342 IRH8342 IRS 8342 , QFN-6 8.8 A, 30 V, 0.016 ohm, N-CHANNEL, Si, , MOSFE new
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrG9DVc
Hey,
What are these resistors needed for? I've been using This exact MOSFET for months with good glitching. What added value do these resistors give?

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Update on the OLED problem. Found the culprit and such a relief it was too:

20230822_221844.jpg

Such an oopsie moment. I was sleep deprived when I did this one but glad it got addressed and found out. All is working well now. Thanks for the help guys and again, it was the user install error....not the firmware, hardware or anything else...also....YES!!!!!

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Update on the OLED problem. Found the culprit and such a relief it was too:

View attachment 389796
Such an oopsie moment. I was sleep deprived when I did this one but glad it got addressed and found out. All is working well now. Thanks for the help guys and again, it was the user install error....not the firmware, hardware or anything else...also....YES!!!!!
So... People love 4 than 3 :rofl2:

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
What are these resistors needed for? I've been using This exact MOSFET for months with good glitching. What added value do these resistors give?

From what I understand, having a resistor that crosses the Source and Gate of a mosfet protects whatever you connect gate to. Basically, if something goes wrong, the resistor will drain the mosfets energy before it can possibly fry the APU. @abal1000x knows the specifics, am I correct?

Reactions: FreeLander

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
From what I understand, having a resistor that crosses the Source and Gate of a mosfet protects whatever you connect gate to. Basically, if something goes wrong, the resistor will drain the mosfets energy before it can possibly fry the APU. @abal1000x knows the specifics, am I correct?
Yes it is.

All mosfet have capacitance, so need a resistor to discharge it. This to make sure the gate always low first time its powered on, so the DS are not bridged.

For this mod, the scenario happened when the battery are completely discharge, then recharge it using usbc, then the initial state of the mosfet are unknown, the DS could be bridged or not. If its bridged then the cpu 'not working', since the power are 'stolen' by those mosfet. Then the mosfet might burn, because of continuous high current flows on it.

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Per @abal1000x's testing, I've been successfully using 33k on these:

10pcs/lot IRFHS8342TRPBF IRFHS8342 IRS8342 IRH8342 IRS 8342 , QFN-6 8.8 A, 30 V, 0.016 ohm, N-CHANNEL, Si, , MOSFE new
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrG9DVc
I have checked a lot of cpu flexes and pull down resistors are at some of them 500 ohms each and at some others 1.1 kohms each. Why the values are so low on these flexes if pull down resistors must be at least 10k ?

Reactions: LogicalMadness

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I have checked a lot of cpu flexes and pull down resistors are at some of them 500 ohms each and at some others 1.1 kohms each. Why the values are so low on these flexes if pull down resistors must be at least 10k ?
Pull downs are min 1k. But it all depends on the device amperage voltage etc. Calculations need to be made to correctly and accurately to determine the pull down resistor for the mosfet and its circuit it is gating.

Reactions: impeeza

Eds05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried the new position of the mosfet in an OLED, works well, a bit fun but not super useful for Oleds models.

And I dunno why but on the next 2 switch I had to add 47ohms for dat0 otherwise slow mode or no boot on ofw and syscfw, black screen. Everything is ok after adding +47ohms (total 94ohms)

Attachments

• 0001.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 19

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Picofly firmware will configure the gpio to pull down when first powered on, and this is the pulldown resistance from rp2040 datasheet (Page 619 Table 624):
Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 07.43.54.png

The firmware code line:
Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 07.48.45.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh Yea I recall my PS3 can do that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Modded ofc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Speaking of my PS3 i havent downloaded any games yet bc my wifi is too slow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and also because blackouts here are very common and that could damage the console
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    Do you have a surge protector or an UPS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert **** here
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What a tiny memory card
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rumble packs are important
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's fully charged
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol