Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I’m curious though. Source and drain are being connected to ground points on the apu. The caps we connect to is the ground side.
Not quite true.
The source did connected to GND but the drain are not.

If you check carefully theres little ohms on Drain to gnd around 10-20ohms.

For source, usually around 0-1ohms.
Depend on how good your measurement device is.
Post automatically merged:

I ordered directly from Digikey. Bought 100 of them. They work i pairs. Just both the single. Oh well. Ordered $200 of the new ones for $21 shipped.
Any link on digikey, so that anyone could avoid that :D

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite true.
The source did connected to GND but the drain are not.

If you check carefully theres little ohms on Drain to gnd around 10-20ohms.

For source, usually around 0-1ohms.
Depend on how good your measurement device is.
Post automatically merged:

Any link on digikey, so that anyone could avoid that :D
I just posted the link I was given. When typing the number into google the one I linked shows up. Doesn’t look like there’s a digikey or mouser listing unfortunately.

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Can any One know why the sx lite or by name hwfly lite red led blinking wile tern on.if there any dat0 point If rip the dat0 pin is that resistor near 4 point.thanks

Attachments

• E1967043-243C-45A0-923C-3A4F9D40666B.jpeg
    E1967043-243C-45A0-923C-3A4F9D40666B.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 20

Ganesha0112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello friends. I have an issue with a picofly installation on a oled. I install a picofly with a single mossfet in back side and a EMMC reball, the switch works fine on OFW but when i install the picofly I get a long glitch attempts, white led again and then an error code. First the pico works but takes a long to glitch like 1 minute or more then, just don’t glitch anymore. I change the mossfet, the pico and nothing. What’s can be wrong?

I know it’s dirty but just re sold everything and still get the problem

Attachments

• IMG_9271.mov
    30.6 MB
  • IMG_9273.jpeg
    IMG_9273.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9274.jpeg
    IMG_9274.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9275.jpeg
    IMG_9275.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hello friends. I have an issue with a picofly installation on a oled. I install a picofly with a single mossfet in back side and a EMMC reball, the switch works fine on OFW but when i install the picofly I get a long glitch attempts, white led again and then an error code. First the pico works but takes a long to glitch like 1 minute or more then, just don’t glitch anymore. I change the mossfet, the pico and nothing. What’s can be wrong?

I know it’s dirty but just re sold everything and still get the problem
Your mosfet installation are worrisome.
Why you put cable to the D part?

IMG_9274.jpeg

You could directly contact both point using solder, but it needs experience to do that.

Editted: i forgot its 1.8V or 1V but the gist is the D is the positive one.

Ganesha0112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Your mosfet installation are worrisome.
Why you put cable to the D part?

View attachment 408663
You could directly contact both point using solder, but it needs experience to do that.

Editted: i forgot its 1.8V or 1V but the gist is the D is the positive one.

Thanks for the answer.

Sometimes before I do this installation with cable and it works, I’ll try to remove the cable and do direct soldering.

Reactions: Danook28

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well that explains it. Might be some fake/bad batch.
I ordered from both of these they are all good:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNCXyTI
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNwL9g8
Regarding IRFHS8342 MOSFETs: I order them from Digikey, tried few times single back MOSFET (soldered directly to the cap) as well as single APU (with S/D connected via AWG30 wire) --> 4 times of 5 I was getting glitch problems.
So in order to not to get frustrated and spending extra time disassembling and resoldering, I go with 2 MOSFETs and it's a 100% glitch (super fast with Sammy eMMC).

Just my 2c

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Regarding IRFHS8342 MOSFETs: I order them from Digikey, tried few times single back MOSFET (soldered directly to the cap) as well as single APU (with S/D connected via AWG30 wire) --> 4 times of 5 I was getting glitch problems.
So in order to not to get frustrated and spending extra time disassembling and resoldering, I go with 2 MOSFETs and it's a 100% glitch (super fast with Sammy eMMC).

Just my 2c
What are the chances that the IRFHS8342 from AliExpress is different? Can they really clone these kind of components?!?
The last 4-5 Oleds I did the same (back mosfet) and although it takes a little bit more time to glitch non of them failed.
The only difference I see is the sourcing of IRFHS8342 so maybe these chinese ones have a slight parameter variation that just works better in our case.
Maybe you should give it a try a order 5-10pcs from those links just to see what happens since unfortunately ordering from digikey is not possible for me (it is but I have to pay $60 shipping for 10pcs 😁 ).

Last edited by QuiTim,
Reactions: Phantomas77

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just my 2c
That’s exactly where I ordered mine from. I can’t imagine that every single one that I bought is faulty. I bought 100 of them. It’ll work with 2 but never just the one.

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can anybody measure the diode reading for v1 switch? I always find an issue with slow emmc. Whenever i restart and do benchmark, speed goes okay but after another benchmark is done, slow emmc will be shown.

I have rp2040 tiny from waveshare with 2.75 firmware

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody measure the diode reading for v1 switch? I always find an issue with slow emmc. Whenever i restart and do benchmark, speed goes okay but after another benchmark is done, slow emmc will be shown.

I have rp2040 tiny from waveshare with 2.75 firmware

for the one millionth time in this thread, this is because you should be using 100 ohm instead of 47 ohm for dat0+cmd. So for the rp2040-tiny, you need to either replace the on-board 47 ohm resistors with 100 ohm variants, or add another 47 ohm resistor each on the dat0+cmd points

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had a console come in for repair (not booting hekate). Has anyone seen this thing before? lol

Attachments

• IMG_0963.jpeg
    IMG_0963.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 21

killam42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I just got my new modded switch back from an online modshop, was in the middle of transferring the emunand and the battery on my switch died, let it charge for a bit and now I cant get anything to boot up, only sign I'm getting is a red light coming from the mod chip. Any help would be greatful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.