Picofly in Switch V1 Erista "unknown pkg1 version hos version not supported"

Paulo_Suzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would like to ask a question if you could help me, I have the attached problem on a switch v1 console, I just soldered a picofly but I always get this screen, I have already downloaded and copied several files, including the latest version of atmosphere, latest version hekate, I tried with cnx and several others, they all show the same error, I replaced the micro SD with other genuine brands and got the same result, do you know what could be happening?

IMG20231205213545.jpg

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is usually a bad sd card setup with something out of date. Try using the HATS pack on a clean sd card and see if it boots.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would suggest instead of running any pack like HATS or jits, just trying to run plain Atmosphere first. Then you can use whatever pack pleases you.
Also, you should verify the integrity of the SD card with H2TestW, just do a whole backup of the SD card before. It may be that your SD is dying.

Paulo_Suzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the answers, the micro sd was tested with htestw, and I also put the clean atmosphere package, I still get the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the V1 model?

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
HOS = HorizonOS, i.e. the firmware.

There's a mismatch in something related to the boot sequence - are both your sysMMC and emuMMC on the same version?

Paulo_Suzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HOS = HorizonOS, i.e. the firmware.

There's a mismatch in something related to the boot sequence - are both your sysMMC and emuMMC on the same version?
I just updated the picofly firmware again, I put ATMO 1.6.2 and the latest hekate, I changed 5 different original cards and tested in htestw (sandisk, lexar). I removed the chip to check the current system version, which is 16.0.3. Would the firmware incompatibility you are referring to be the firmware of the chip? I'm trying to start with sysmmc and ofw with the chip and I get the same error, does anyone have any packages available for version 16.0.3 that I could test on?

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggested trying hats because its known good starting point. It may not be what you want to use but at the very least you will know whether your switch boots with a known good setup and if it does, you will have baseline for comparing your own set up to. If it still won't boot with HATS, then the software probably isnt the issue.

https://github.com/sthetix/HATS/releases/tag/1.6.2

Paulo_Suzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
try the emmc benchmark in hekate
I ran this test, it informed me that the emmc is in slow mode, could this be the cause of the problem? I think it's strange that this is the reason for the problem because I can start the console normally in OFW. I'm using the picofly tiny, which already has the resistors.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
I ran this test, it informed me that the emmc is in slow mode, could this be the cause of the problem? I think it's strange that this is the reason for the problem because I can start the console normally in OFW. I'm using the picofly tiny, which already has the resistors.
the cause of the problem is that the resistance isn't enough and the electrical noise from the rp2040 is interfering with cpu-emmc communication. this exact problem has been asked and solved almost a hundred times by now in the huge picofly thread. you need 100 ohm resistance on dat0+cmd, rp2040-tiny comes with 47/47/47 by default which was the initial picofly recommendation, however as more install data came in it turned out to not be enough for all switches so a lot of people started doing 100/100/47 instead which works for all switches. you need to either add additional 47ohm each on dat0+cmd or replace the on-board resistors with 100 ohm variants

Reactions: BigOnYa

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I just updated the picofly firmware again, I put ATMO 1.6.2 and the latest hekate, I changed 5 different original cards and tested in htestw (sandisk, lexar). I removed the chip to check the current system version, which is 16.0.3. Would the firmware incompatibility you are referring to be the firmware of the chip? I'm trying to start with sysmmc and ofw with the chip and I get the same error, does anyone have any packages available for version 16.0.3 that I could test on?
No, HorizonOS specificially refers to the firmware of the Switch itself.

Paulo_Suzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the cause of the problem is that the resistance isn't enough and the electrical noise from the rp2040 is interfering with cpu-emmc communication. this exact problem has been asked and solved almost a hundred times by now in the huge picofly thread. you need 100 ohm resistance on dat0+cmd, rp2040-tiny comes with 47/47/47 by default which was the initial picofly recommendation, however as more install data came in it turned out to not be enough for all switches so a lot of people started doing 100/100/47 instead which works for all switches. you need to either add additional 47ohm each on dat0+cmd or replace the on-board resistors with 100 ohm variants
Thank you everyone for all the information! I managed to solve the problem with deeps' solution, the problem really was the lack of this 47ohm resistor, after putting an additional 47ohm in dat0 and cmd, I got a successful boot in sysmmc, thank you very much for this!

I was confused at first because I did the same procedure on a switch lite, this one worked perfectly from the beginning, but with the v1 model I had all these problems, but I'm grateful because everything was resolved.

I just have one question for you, I tested the emmc on the hekate, and it indicated slow emmc on the switch lite, but the games worked, could this cause problems in the future?

Reactions: zamastyle

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you everyone for all the information! I managed to solve the problem with deeps' solution, the problem really was the lack of this 47ohm resistor, after putting an additional 47ohm in dat0 and cmd, I got a successful boot in sysmmc, thank you very much for this!

I was confused at first because I did the same procedure on a switch lite, this one worked perfectly from the beginning, but with the v1 model I had all these problems, but I'm grateful because everything was resolved.

I just have one question for you, I tested the emmc on the hekate, and it indicated slow emmc on the switch lite, but the games worked, could this cause problems in the future?

yes, this indicates that you have interference errors on the lite as well. it might not be severe enough to prevent boot but issues can manifest themselves in different ways, for example random crashing or corruption over time. For a proper install according to spec you should fix the resistors on the lite as well

Paulo_Suzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even putting 100ohm in dat0 and cmd, sometimes I got the same error, the rp2040 tiny is really complicated to deal with, but then I discovered that a thin wire in dat0 and cmd also causes this problem, I believe it affects the resistance, I also had to remove the resistors of the board and only put 1 120ohm resistor, as it was the only one I had available, after that I didn't get any more errors on the lite and v1 models, both work perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4pNi-wvHyf8vhDN0x06Wf8J7aIgx_Hdp