Hardware Playing the Wii strains my eyes

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The big reason that there is a difference is because of improper shielding.
It's nothing to do with shielding (both cables have the same composition), the component cable eliminates cross-talk between Y/Cb+Cr signals by sending them on separate wires. Rather than showing the difference in cables, that comparison shows the difference between 480i and 480p which can vary greatly between different TVs - a 480p signal effectively sends each line at double regular speed, some TVs only process the signal at regular speed (discarding half the information) and scale horizontally causing blur.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The big reason that there is a difference is because of improper shielding.
It's nothing to do with shielding (both cables have the same composition), the component cable eliminates cross-talk between Y/Cb+Cr signals by sending them on separate wires. Rather than showing the difference in cables, that comparison shows the difference between 480i and 480p which can vary greatly between different TVs - a 480p signal effectively sends each line at double regular speed, some TVs only process the signal at regular speed (discarding half the information) and scale horizontally causing blur.
But can't improper shielding result in occasional flashing and such?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh I see now, you were talking about the difference between official and unofficial cables. From your post it looked like you were saying shielding was the difference between composite and component.

BTW if people are having eye strain now, wait until the WiiU comes out and you have to switch looking between two different screens (one far away and one close) all the time.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see now, you were talking about the difference between official and unofficial cables. From your post it looked like you were saying shielding was the difference between composite and component.
Ah, I flipped between the two topics so I can see why lol.

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys were a great help! My component cables are crappy GAME store cables for £3! Will definitely buy better cables, seriously didn't expect a really good response :) Oh and special thanks to JoostinOnline for posting that forum topic :)

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A while ago I ordered some cheap imported component cables with poor shielding. Later I purchased better quality shielded cables from Monoprice. The Monoprice cables give a noticeably sharper picture, yet are still very economically priced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk