Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titlebannerp.png

Version 0.5Download details
I've decided to release version 0.5, this version still needs alot of work on things like:

- Music needs to be changed
- Most things after the Pokemon league havn't been completed
- Alot of sprites needs fixed up and corrected
- Back sprites need to be redone since I didn't get a chance to add them before I lost the file.
- Ash's "Vs" Sprite looks really stupid, it was V2 of it and the one I decided to use was V6, V2 was a cartoon looks which I thought was the worst.
-A chunk of text needs to be edited (mostly routes which I had already done before the file was lost.
- Probaly more but they're the main things uncompleted

This version is basically just for people to have a look at what the game will involve, at the moment i'm very busy with tests and things, I'll be able to "Properly" complete this hack at the start of October hopefully. I apoligize for the wait, my computer is working fine now and not deleting any more files
biggrin.gif

Boxart1.png

Note: This is a mixture of a Remake and things that i've personally added, so it won't be an exact replica of Emerald
and ofc since no map editor is available at the current time, it will still be the Unova region!

Explore Hoenn in an all new 3d world as Ash or Misty, you will have your rivals, May and Brendan..And a new Optional rival who you don't even have to meet at all... (check spoiler)

242px-Wally.png
280_Ralts.png
roselia.png
Magneton.png
Wally.png
The optional rival is Wally, he replaces the nurse and doctor battles, i've extended their text so he can be a character, he'll have his emerald team and they'll get stronger each time you battle them.. and ofc, he heals you if you beat him..But he won't be easy.. I'll have some screenshots for him as soon as I'm happy with his overworld and battle sprites.. So far I've edited the nurse/doctor's pokemon so they have Wally's team, and i've edited the text so he'll become your friend/rival! But of course, he's completely optional so it's up to you if you want another rival!

Banner-1.png

Wild Pokemon:
All pokemon have been changed accordingly to suit the Hoenn region. However, they will not be in the same places as Emerald.

Gym Leaders:
All gym leaders are now the Hoenn gym leaders, they will use the same pokemon as in Emerald but the levels and move will vary.

Starters:
The starter pokemon will be Mudkip, Treeko and Torchic. The type advantage system will be the same as black/white.

Storyline:
The game has a complete new storyline and it's set after the events of Hoenn.

Rivals:
Your male rival will be Brendan. Your female rival will be May.

Hero/Heroine:
The Male hero will be Ash.. The female heroine will be misty. Each will have their kanto appearance

Music:
All battles, main towns etc. Will have their music changed to Hoenn music.

All pokemon obtainable?
Yes, but only after the Elite four.

Extra challenges:
After the E4, you will be able to battle gyms, rivals and other significant characters. However, they will not have their usual appearance. The challenges also include hoenn gym rematches.

Final battle:
The game builds up to an explosive ending. Archie from Team aqua will attack you with Kyogre and his team. Whilst Maxie will try and leave a burn with his overpowered groundon.

New way to get around:
Although Misty will use the usual bike to get around, Ash will use a skateboard to cruise his way through Hoenn
Trailer (Version 0.5)

SCREENSHOTS

This is not all the work done, I just went through a small amount of the game and took some screenshots, more coming soon..

trailer1q.png
trailer2q.png
trailer3q.png
trailer4q.png
trailer5q.png
Trailer6.jpg
Trailer7.jpg
Trailer8.png
Birghtmisty.png
Emeraldbattles.png

Testers: Holoflame, Darkbuster412, MattJ951, Pincho88, Macha,Tubby28 and Geiger3

Credit to Link491 for boxart

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So to get this correct you have

Male Player Character as Ash
Bianca as May
Cheren as Brendan
Juniper as Birch
Ghetsis as Maxie
N as Archie
Doctor and Nurses as Wally

Is this correct?

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobwuzhere1224 said:
So to get this correct you have

Male Player Character as Ash
Bianca as May
Cheren as Brendan
Juniper as Birch
Ghetsis as Maxie
N as Archie
Doctor and Nurses as Wally

Is this correct?

Yes, that's right..

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is quite possibly the cleverest way of making an RSE hack on the B/W engine, all I have to ask is will it include Zangoose as the original Emerald didnt include it.

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobwuzhere1224 said:
This is quite possibly the cleverest way of making an RSE hack on the B/W engine, all I have to ask is will it include Zangoose as the original Emerald didnt include it.

Really? Thanks
biggrin.gif
And well I like Zangose as a pokemon so yea, I probaly will include it
tongue.gif

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Professor Birch's lab screenshots got messed up, so I uploaded new ones, just ignore the cut of pics around the "Maxie speech" I'll fix that when I get a chance
tongue.gif

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mtbelley said:
So when can we try it?????????
yaynds.gif

Well I'll have to complete the rest of the text,sprites,trainer's pokemon and wild pokemon. (I've edited wild pokemon up to 7th gym) but I'm gonna go over them again, then i'll need to get some testers, to play through the game quickly and note all te bugs/wrong, info/text etc, they find.. Then once all that's done and the incorrect things are corrected, I'll be able to release Version 1
tongue.gif

Question: Should I include a few non Hoenn pokemon in shaking grass, and they'll have a 1-4% catch rate, or should I stick to just Hoenn pokemon?

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only the Pokemon like Zubat and Geodude. They aren't original Hoenn Pokemon, but still first available in Emerald.

And if you need testers, count me in.

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holoflame said:
Only the Pokemon like Zubat and Geodude. They aren't original Hoenn Pokemon, but still first available in Emerald.

And if you need testers, count me in.

Ok i'll put them in then, And i'll note you down as a tester then
tongue.gif
The rom won't be ready for a while yet though, I'd say 2 weeks at least, I'll send you a msg Once Its done.

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobwuzhere1224 said:
Right now you should just make shure all 200 of the Hoenn Dex is in game, at least.

Well as soon as I get the Battle sprite's palletes right I'll concentrate on the pokemon, Turns out I'm gonna have to go through all the battle sprites, to check every pixel is an exact tone of colour :/ ..It shouldn't take that long though
tongue.gif

Edit:Takes way quicker than I thought, finishing off the 7th gym's battle sprites now, they're taking the longest though since they'res two
tongue.gif

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I re-insert the battle sprites I should be able to upload screenshots of the first gym and the battle, I Think I've found a way to get past they're being three people in that gym. Dunno how it'll turn out though..

D

Deleted User

Yes,as above stated I hope the sprites and 'MAY' font gets changed.I know you can do better :l

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrThreeD said:
Yes,as above stated I hope the sprites and 'MAY' font gets changed.I know you can do better :l

Well the May font I just added that into the image, because I havn't added edited the vs sprite words yet
tongue.gif

And the sprites will probaly be edited better once I release a first version of the game..

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modahi said:
will they have a new moves

Well I'm gonna defiently gonna edit the stats of pokemon, havn't looked into editing moves though, so I don't know how to edit the level up moves, unless theres a tool
tongue.gif

MattJ951

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokefun said:
modahi said:
will they have a new moves

Well I'm gonna defiently gonna edit the stats of pokemon, havn't looked into editing moves though, so I don't know how to edit the level up moves, unless theres a tool
tongue.gif

There are tools for editing level up moves (and the moves themselves to change the type/power, I believe its PPRE for generation 5 that let's you, I may be mistaken though i know a tool does exist for it). Also sent you a message. I'd love to help test the game for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3