morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely be willing to design some levels. I've made levels for various other games. Also I am a voiceover artist, so if you are looking for VO , I have a full audio studio at my disposal and can lend a hand.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
to be honest the problem isn't so much generating the voices as writing down stuff she'd say (because yeah, writing genuinely funny lines that fit in context isn't that easy) ...

I think you should talk with Gahars about that matter actually..
I'm sure some clever txt lines would come out

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is freakin AMAZING... Wow. I didn't even know the DS was capable of this- the graphics look amazing, and having so many things on screen + realistic physics to play with. Good luck with this project! Lots of potential.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
he has been at this for awhile. i only wish his earlier project(s) had been released past a coding compo entry.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5727.0.html (2009)
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,7480.0.html (2012)

-another world

well to be fair I didn't originally make DScraft with the compo in mind, and both games were a mess after the initial release so continuing them really didn't seem worth it.

portal on the other hand is someone acceptably maintained so far and I'm going to try and keep it that way. I haven't worked on it in a couple of weeks but I plan on getting back to it this weekend probably. I've shifted my goal to trying to get a demo released ASAP which would include all basic puzzle elements and the level editor rather than a full fledged storymode for now; the project has been going on for long enough (ffs it's almost been a year since I started it...) and so I think we've reached a point where my focus should really be on getting something playable in everyone's console and see what happens next.

EDIT : ok i just went on the neoflash website and apparently they're holding another compo this year. I know I'm going to lose all credibility by entering portal but on the other hand we now have a release date for my demo so there's that.

P

pasc

I think you should talk with Gahars about that matter actually..
I'm sure some clever txt lines would come out

yeah, let him and hadrian do this.

It'll be legendary.

Valve will be envious !

EDIT : ok i just went on the neoflash website and apparently they're holding another compo this year. I know I'm going to lose all credibility by entering portal but on the other hand we now have a release date for my demo so there's that.

nah, thats just fine. No loosing any credibility there.
Am excited for that compo each year either way.

Wolfgange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing!!! If this were commercial, people would pay $50 for this!!! I cant wait for the release. (But I'm still heavily aggrivated at how dscraft's source was never released:hateit: , even if the code was messy! That is like giving a man a million dollars and then taking it back because he was afraid the money had dirt on it)

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
(But I'm still heavily aggrivated at how dscraft's source was never released:hateit: , even if the code was messy! That is like giving a man a million dollars and then taking it back because he was afraid the money had dirt on it)

I won't say anything else about this in this thread so no need to respond, but you really need to understand that not releasing the sourcecode is doing the community a favor. I'm certain that a much better minecraft clone can be made for the DS (and by that I mean including infinite worlds, smaller map files, crafting and mobs for starters), but trying to build such a thing on DScraft's code would just be plain stupid. The code is not just "dirty"; it's poorly designed, unmaintainable and very limited, which is something that tends to happens when you try to make a PoC into a full fledged games in a couple weeks.
So please, stop complaining about that. If anyone wants a better version of DScraft badly enough they'll start making a new one themselves; I've stated numerous times that I'll gladly help anyone interested in taking on such a task by answering their questions.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he has been at this for awhile. i only wish his earlier project(s) had been released past a coding compo entry.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5727.0.html (2009)
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,7480.0.html (2012)

-another world

Why have I not seen Dawnseekers before? That doesn't look like 2009 homebrew at all

No credibility lost from me buddy, anyone who wouldn't enter Portal DS in your place must be a little crazy.

Shufflemac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Diggity daumn, Smealum. Very nice indeed. I'll most definitely be making another fan box art. Also, I assume you've already have beta testers as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing teeth a new set of teeth around 90k
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree it's not easy for the average American, let alone the ones below that average. Free / cheaper healthcare is much more important I think than free university education.
    Of course like @mthrnite said, why not both. But I doubt both will get solved at once, and surely healthcare is top priority.
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    they go hand in hand unless you want a plumber performing your triple bypass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone should be Medicaid elegable for implants at the most
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    If it's needed to keep you healthy it shouldn't cost you $90k. The fact that it does is an enormous problem
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    but yeah, affordable is all i'm asking for
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i'd be happy with affordable dentures
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With my old dentist he even encouraged switching insurance every quarter
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And if the concern is that "well we can't trust the government to intervene for this because the government can't do anything right and wastes tons of money" then holy shit push for a better government. I'm certainly trying to. Don't throw your hands up and go "we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus technology cost iirc even a water jet drill is 1k per
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 that's crazily expensive. how long will that take to pay off?

Although diet is largely education, people don't need to go to university to learn what's healthy and what's not,
    it's the whole country, big corporations and advertising that is to blame for leading most of the population to believe that poptarts and froot loops are healthy to feed a child
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i would think the population knows better but with food deserts and abject poverty, sometimes a poptart gonna have to do.
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    it's a big ol complicated world innit
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: it's a big ol complicated world innit