Hacking Possibility of Priiloader or StarFall Hacks on vWii?

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried working on this? I'm aware it's potentially asking for trouble since there is no recovery as of now. But having priiloader with removing some of the annoyances like pressing A on the health screen would help a lot I think. It seems to me that vWii mode takes longer than regular Wii does to boot up already. Plus it would be nice in the event of a banner brick or similar once installed.

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah as I said I'm fully aware of the possibility of problems and starfall has been problematic. I was thinking more a long the lines of priiloader, the problem still remains of getting it SAFELY installed, which there is no way right now.

I was just curious if maybe somone had looked into it at all or anything :)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I think Daco Taco is looking into it. The problem is, if you test it, it has to go right, otherwise you get a brick. I'm working on a Priiloader mod, and I've just blocked vWii installs.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file that the Wii U downloads and installs is encrypted, but I didn't think that the system menu binaries on the vWii NAND weren't stored any differently than on a normal Wii. I thought the main problem was that it was a one shot operation, since there is no way to have a custom boot2, if something went wrong, vWii would be bricked with no recourse.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped my vwii nand and am able to access it from real nand wiiflow on actual wii, would any priiloader testing be possible that way, in neek2o environment maybe?

Reactions: Skater4599

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think, when we can emulate the WiiU software on a computer or some third party device, we will be able to test more thoroughly because you technically can't brick a emulated WiiU system :yaysp:(you just put fresh system files back up and you are a go)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...