Hacking Preloader hack to turn on Wiimote?

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really like the Preloader hack the replaces the Health Warning with the "backmenu", but what I don't like is it seems to skip the initialization of the Wiimote, so when the channels list pops up, I need to hit a button every time to turn the Wiimote on before the pointer works. It's a minor inconvenience but I was wondering today, is it possible to make a preloader hack that turns on the Wiimote on startup?

If such a hack exists already, that would be sweet, but I haven't seen it around. Anyone know if it's possible?

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
doesn't exist, but iw would be nice, also to have a app that can activate the wii motes, so if you lost one, it could just make some noise
tongue.gif

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wiimotes are in sleep mode till you press a button, to preserve battery life.
They cannot receive any commands from the wii if they are in sleep mode.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Richy Freeway said:
Not possible. The Wiimote isn't turned on so it can't respond to any command from the Wii.

QUOTE(ozguy @ Jun 24 2009, 04:56 AM) The Wiimotes are in sleep mode till you press a button, to preserve battery life.
They cannot receive any commands from the wii if they are in sleep mode.

That's a shame. Oh well, we'll just have to be less lazy.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dteyn said:
[...]but what I don't like is it seems to skip the initialization of the Wiimote[...]
It doesn't skip it. The health screen IS the initialization, as you need to press A so the WiiMote will connect. ;)

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol. only reason i would want this is because sometimes I'll move the classic controller's joystick just a second too early, and the directions will be messed up (i use it to move the pointer on the wii menu 90% of the time)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow