Hacking Problems with AK 2i and 16GB class 2 card

kenpachi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a 16gb class 2 from the local office depot today for a friend and it's so weird the acekard 2i was having major issues once I put more than like 150 games on it. If there were tons of games it would not even open the sdmicro card when selected on the main menu, and when there were roughly 8-10 gb of stuff it was suuuper slow, like you clicked the down button and 1 second later it would go down 1 spot and scrolling was just rediculous. Games took years to load too.

So I installed the latest AKAIO and even completely full it ran as fast as I've ever see a flash cart run, scrolled smooth as silk and loaded games in a flash. I'm really impressed. The r4i also was having serious slowdown issues with the class 2 16gb card when it was heavily loaded up with games. Looks like some of these kernals can't handle massive amounts of games very well...

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
Around 120 is the max amount of files in one directory. i.e. In one folder or on the root. Its not the kernal its the limitation of the FAT file system.
Oh really? 120 you say. I've got over 200 save files in the same directory, along with some ROMs. Enlighten me as to why I can pass this '120 barrier' I've never heard of before.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its the way files are addressed

The maximum will be 128 - several other cards suffer from this issue, always break your games down in to additional folders

Save folders do not count (usually) it is just the number of game roms in the folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4