Misc Problems with DS & NintendoWifi

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got a Zoom ADSL 6x wireless router/modem/switch thingy for my DS & Wii online jollies.

The Wii was up and running in a matter of minutes... the DS however refuses to cooperate.

The DS will accept all the settings I enter into it (WEP key etc) and will discover the network just fine.... but every time it tries to do the connection test, it fails. I have read tonnes of stuff on the official nintendo wifi website, but it just gets confusing with all the different errors I'm getting and I've tried just about every trick on those pages to no avail.

I've tried turning firewalls off, MAC filtering, allocating an IP address manually...... I just cant get the bugger to work.

But like I say, no problems at all with the Wii

Any advice anyone can give would be very welcome!
Thanks in advance
bow.gif

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your router should have logs of some kind ... check the logs, see why the connection is being dropped. Also, disable all wifi security and try it clean. If it works, then revamp your security measures.

richufc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got exactly the same problem. Wii is fine but DS never connects even though it finds the router etc. Using a crappy Cable and Wireless router from Comet.

Its a shame as there are loads of great DS wifi titles out
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_3XC94yzeo