Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, a 16 gig memory stick will be plenty. I, personally, rock a 4 gig and it's not nearly enough. I mean, I have 2 PSP games and 3 PSX games and some homebrew, but I want more. 8 gigs should do it for me. And as for PSX games, you need what's called Popstation. The most popular one is called PSX2PSP, and it allows you to convert PSP ISOs (they MUST be .iso) to PSP EBOOT.PBP files. With the converted file, just drop it in its own folder in PSP\GAME on your memstick. Example: If you have an ISO of Legend of Dragoon, you could make 4 separate EBOOT files, or you can mash them all into one. It's up to you. I got 4 separate files, one for each disc, to save space on my memstick - just use the one corresponding to the disc you're on. Anyways, what you would do is throw those into PSX2PSP, and it would spit out an EBOOT.PBP file. You just take that and throw it into a folder (make one called Legend of Dragoon) on your memstick in PSP\GAME and you're good to go.

...Of course, it's much easier to just torrent PSX-PSP versions of the PSX games you want.
tongue.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
So I downloaded a torrent PSX EBOOT games and they were placed on the PSP/GAME folder and I just need to run them like a usual PSP rom? With all those posts all I need is just insert them in a folder because the firmware has built in. So what's this POPstation and why do I need it in the first place when all I do is just put it in the memory stick and run it normally?

edit:
POPSTATION is a program for conversion, am i right? but not all PSX games are supported by the PSP. Im trying to convert this dance dance revolution kids edition. sigh

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alot of the classic PSX games are on the PSN now as their own eboot, which can be played on the PS3 AND PSP...

I have FF7, and Metal Gear Solid, both can be played on my PSP and PS3 (save files also go with the memStick)

There are a few PSNPSX games floating around torrent sites if you look!

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Chris_Skylock said:
So I downloaded a torrent PSX EBOOT games and they were placed on the PSP/GAME folder and I just need to run them like a usual PSP rom? With all those posts all I need is just insert them in a folder because the firmware has built in. So what's this POPstation and why do I need it in the first place when all I do is just put it in the memory stick and run it normally?

edit:
POPSTATION is a program for conversion, am i right? but not all PSX games are supported by the PSP. Im trying to convert this dance dance revolution kids edition. sigh
Yes and yes. Once on the memstick, PSX EBOOTs can be run like normal PSP games or homebrew. Popstation is for if you have PSX ISO files. You need to convert them to PSX EBOOTs, and Popstation does that for you.
My advice is to skip converting and just download pre-converted versions. Tomb Raider II wouldn't rip properly for me as an ISO, so I just downloaded the EBOOT and was good to go.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Another questions came in mind:

How about older emulators such as GBA, GBC, SNES etc etc.. are they separate from the CFWs? if so, how do i get them? Is the folder for game files for these emulators the same as those for games on psp and psx?

For instance, i saw a normal firmware below 5.03 (it needs to be at 5.03 to be able to install CFW right)? what do i do? i know that I need to upgrade till 5.03 but how?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The upgrade to firmware 5.03 is on PSPSlimHacks.com. Download the 5.03 EBOOT.PBP file, and place it in a folder called UPDATE and place that at PSP\GAME. In the end, you should have PSP\GAME\UPDATE\EBOOT.PBP. Then just run that from the memory stick and you'll be updated to OFW 5.03.

As for emulators, you have a bunch - SNES9XTYL (SNES), NesterJ (NES), gpSP (GBA), and more. They're separate from the CFW's built-in stuff, and you need to download it. Installation is simple - copy the folder that has the EBOOT.PBP file and other files into PSP\GAME, and put your ROMs inside the emulator's folder, usually in a folder in there called ROMs.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, when I make an installer, I release to them first. I dunno about other contributors to the PSP hacking community, but when I'm looking for something I go there first. And I usually find what I need there.
tongue.gif

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Another question came in mind:

I think i am going to buy my PSP in the walmart near us.. I am sure they have few old stocks for lower firmwares mainly because we live in a very small town.. like about thousand of people...
So my question is is there a way to determined what firmware the PSP has just by looking at the package? Because i don't think you could open them and see what firmware it is.

Does this apply?

War said:
PSP-2000 Original Boxstyle Box Codes (Thanks to Alek @ Dark-AleX.org):
(No Letter) = 3.60
A = 3.71
B = UNKNOWN
C = 3.72
D = UNKNOWN
E = 3.80
F = 3.90
G = 3.95 / 4.01 (TA-88v2 / TA-88v3) BUT
A PSP with G and the 4.01 firmware is most likely a TA-88v3 motherboard, so it is advised that you stay away from them.

Although they are from different kind? If not, are there something like this for PSP 3000?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That doesn't apply to a PSP 3000, but it does to a PSP 2000. I don't think there is a way to tell what firmware is on the PSP 3000 before opening it, but I know that my Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters bundle was OK. So maybe try to find an old one of those...?

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyhow, i will probably ask for older stock.. when was the newer (unhackable) PSP 3000 released? any clue?
buying it in the internet is too risky.. so i might get it at walmart near us...
and the older the game the PSP 3000 is bundled with the better the chance ill get a lower firmware right? perhaps? xD
I am still have doubts/fears, what if i get an much higher one? >.< im screwed?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TheDestroyer said:
Anyhow, i will probably ask for older stock.. when was the newer (unhackable) PSP 3000 released? any clue?
buying it in the internet is too risky.. so i might get it at walmart near us...
and the older the game the PSP 3000 is bundled with the better the chance ill get a lower firmware right? perhaps? xD
I am still have doubts/fears, what if i get an much higher one? >.< im screwed?
Unfortunately, I have no clue on the date of the 3000 firmware updates. And it may be that the older the game bundled with it, the lower the firmware, but really you're just taking a gamble.
tongue.gif
If you get a higher firmware than 5.03, you're not screwed. There's a save hack for Medal Of Honor Heroes, so get ahold of that game and just wait until someone makes a HEN out of it. The exploit still works for firmware 5.55, but nothing's been made out of it yet. However, you can expect something to be released as the demand increases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack