Hacking Pushed firmware update by accident running Atmosphere

boekeboekeboeh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi! So, last night I was trying to play something on my Switch running Atmosphere. But when I wanted to start the game apparently I was prompted with an option to update. So in all quickness I pushed a and it updated. It rebooted in I think cfw because I can see the homebrew menu but it's not showing any of my games.
Before I fuck up even more, what would the best course of action be right now? Thanks in advance :)

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this the other day, it sounds like you copied over your hekate_ipl.ini
Look to see if you have a copy of your previous one and copy and paste it back. When you would boot Hekate under loaders did you ever see the options of: Atmosphere / CFW / EMMC / Stock ?

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your games have vanished the chances are your running atmosphere on your system rather than on emunand.

You don't really want to do that (ban risk and other reasons). Do you have the latest atmosphere files?

If not download them you need the latest atmosphere to be compatible with the latest Nintendo fw (the cfw doesn't replace Nintendo's it runs alongside it).

Launch a Hekate payload and press emmc make sure emmc is enabled. After that you should be able to launch cfw emunand or fusee.bin.

Fusee.bin will automatically launch atmosphere on the emunand if it exists and emmc is enabled. If not it'll run atmosphere on the actual system which is fine and won't get you banned as long as you don't change anything.

You also might want to look into running incognito (deletes serial numbers) or using a dnsmtm block (download a file called emmc.txt and put in the atmosphere/hosts folder.... Even better rename it default.txt to protect both nands).

Whatever you do don't run incognito on your sysnand. In fact don't use the cfw to make any changes to the sysnand as they stay on the system when you boot ofw (you can't actually play the games). If you change something Nintendo might pick up on it hopefully they haven't on picked up on what you already did.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you change something Nintendo might pick up on it hopefully they haven't on picked up on what you already did.
They just got me yesterday when trying to update trial of mana!! Ban hammer come swingist and got me while my pants were down!! I forgot to put my exosphere and host folder back up after my last firmware update.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They just got me yesterday when trying to update trial of mana!! Ban hammer come swingist and got me while my pants were down!! I forgot to put my exosphere and host folder back up after my last firmware update.
Too late now... But if anyone else is reading take note. You can overwrite the files so you won't forget as the hosts file will be there.

Also if you use emunand go incognito. It removes the personal information off the switch. You won't be able to go online because Nintendo wouldn't know who is trying to go online during the handshake protocol.

Just use sysnand for all legit stuff and emunand for anything else.

I hope someone learns from your mistake. All you can do now is look at lanplay if you want to play online.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too late now... But if anyone else is reading take note. You can overwrite the files so you won't forget as the hosts file will be there.

Also if you use emunand go incognito. It removes the personal information off the switch. You won't be able to go online because Nintendo wouldn't know who is trying to go online during the handshake protocol.

Just use sysnand for all legit stuff and emunand for anything else.

I hope someone learns from your mistake. All you can do now is look at lan play if you want to play online.
I don't do any online multiplayer gaming so it's not huge thing, my only concern is being able to update games or firmware (when needed). Anyone know what the steps are to update games on a banned console??

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't do any online multiplayer gaming so it's not huge thing, my only concern is being able to update games or firmware (when needed). Anyone know what the steps are to update games on a banned console??
Depends if you use one of the free shops it'll be in tinfoil under new updates, new dlc will be under the new dlc tab (delete if I'm not allowed to say that). If not you'll have to search Google... But the update files are harder to find.

Basically the game files are numbered and if I remember rightly they have 3 zeros at the end so if a game is 13456677c000.nsp the update file will be the save but have c800 at the end (I think it's been a while).

For the firmware update atmosphere then the sigpatches first. It's also a really good idea to update Hekate but your system should normally still boot if you don't. Once done use daybreak to update fw.

You can probably still update normally via Nintendo if it's your sysnand normally the ban doesn't stop you updating fw.... But if you've not got the corresponding atmosphere to go with that firmware you won't be able to boot cfw.

I'd recommend the aio updater it updates everything for you. First do atmosphere and Hekate then the firmware. If it goes wrong you'll have to manually get atmosphere on a pc and unzip.... But give it time my last update took 10 minutes.

If you block everything your system won't know there's an update to a game. If you already have the notification (before blocking) I think you may be able to turn it off in goldleaf. I know you can delete pending fw updates but I've never checked for games.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend the aio updater it updates everything for you.
I use AiO but that seems to be for firmware updates to both system and Atmosphere. What I'm not sure about is getting or downloading individual game updates and or installing them and what apps besides tinfoil and AiO to use. I know DBi retrieves the info but in sure it doesn't install the updates it reports back to you about.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! So, last night I was trying to play something on my Switch running Atmosphere. But when I wanted to start the game apparently I was prompted with an option to update. So in all quickness I pushed a and it updated. It rebooted in I think cfw because I can see the homebrew menu but it's not showing any of my games.
Before I fuck up even more, what would the best course of action be right now? Thanks in advance :)
Nintendo will prompt you to update if there is either system update or game update or both available. The game you bought from Nintendo should not disappear or you can call them and ask them to fix it. One possibility is you didn't buy any game.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use AiO but that seems to be for firmware updates to both system and Atmosphere. What I'm not sure about is getting or downloading individual game updates and or installing them and what apps besides tinfoil and AiO to use. I know DBi retrieves the info but in sure it doesn't install the updates it reports back to you about.
Whatever app your using to install the game can also install the updates. But you need to the update file or a link, it shouldn't matter what format .xci .nsz .nsp etc. We're not allowed to post links to the actual games and illegal content in here.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update to those that might ask, you can update your games with someone who has an unbanned switch. I'm in the middle of updating one of my games now piggybacking off a switch light that's NOT hacked. So I have found a work around as long as you have another switch that's not banned.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update to those that might ask, you can update your games with someone who has an unbanned switch. I'm in the middle of updating one of my games now piggybacking off a switch light that's NOT hacked. So I have found a work around as long as you have another switch that's not banned.
You can update both game and system this way (by syncing version with another Switch). You can't choose which(game or system) it is always both.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: Chaoticus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Thanks, dear. @K3Nv2