OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I already own an R4 with a sandisk 2gb microSd. But witht he news of R4 factories being shut down is it safe to say that it will be time to switch to the other slot-1 cart? I saw that R4 just put up an update to fix the FFCC "Thank You" screen, but how ong until they are finished or will they? Also been seeing some 4gb microSD HC cards hit the market and I know they wont work with the R4, but I hear they do with the CycloDS. So should I start looking at going for cycloDS or stick with R4 and just get another 2gb kingston mem stick since there like $12 now. Also is kingston a good brand I heard/read they are but sandisk is usually the winner for mem sticks. Just thought id ask while I was on here. Thanks for your time and reading/answering this.

gbasp.gif

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't own any flash cart, I'd say to go with the CycloDS, as it has more features than the R4 for about the same price, on top of supporting MicroSDHC.

By the way, the rumor about the R4 factory being shut down was proven to be false, and a Kernel update for the R4 was released two days ago, fixing the issue with Final Fantasy Moogle of Death glitch.

In overall, if you need an SDHC card, go for the CycloDS. Otherwise, the R4 is still a valid card. Not the most feature complete, but decent enough for most applications and games.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I recommend CycloDS if you can afford it. If you want something that's cheaper but just as good as Cyclo, then SC DS1 SDHC. (Supercard DSone SDHC)

Here's how the list goes.

CycloDS> SCDS1 SDHC> ACEKARD RPG> EDGE> DSTT> M3 REAL> R4/M3 simply.

R4 are outdated, has no features, no SDHC support, and made just for Roms. In other words= R4SUX (Compared to the newer cards that are available currently.)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shuny said:
For me :

CycloDS > Edge > SCDS1
How is the EDGE better than the SCDS1?

QUOTE(ChampionTWH @ Mar 19 2008, 11:40 PM) With the SCDS1 now able to use other carts menu along side it's own, theres no contest.

SCDS1 IS the best cart.

I thought it can only use the DSTT's menu?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
game boy color > r4

haha
no the brick gameboy (one of the first i think? and not even color!) > gbc > r4

no but i'd definately go for the cyclo if you wanna pay $50+
otherwise, and edge, or SCDS1, or even acekard2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk