Gaming Random Shutdown

papyrus

OP
Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
i had this computer for nearly a year now. Had installed a win7 ultimate a little more 2 months ago. (activated version) and since then no problem encountered. I installed a Graphics card a month ago (palit gt 9500 1gb ddr2). Just recently i experience random shutdown. What are the possible causes of this problem? I googled some but none of them will actually help me resolve this problem.

System:
Athlon 64 x2 dual core 5200+
Win7 ultimate oS 64 bit
Asrock mobo NVS-pv 1.40
2 gb RAM
Graphics card: palit 1 gb GT 9500+

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Alright... try this so i can have a look. run trend micro hijackthis and save a log file then post the result here on this thread.

http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micro-Hijac...4-10227353.html

DO NOT click fix the issues, they are not issues - they just show what's running.

P.S. I'm doing this to check for virus related issues not hardware, we'll see how it goes.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
clean your pc fans. I had the same problem once and it was restarting because it was overheating. when some tech expert saw it inside, it was full of dust! huahuahauhauha

it was horrible!

papyrus

OP
Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
No warning signs. Its like pulling the power without actually shutting it down properly.
@arctic: I think so its been working since i bought it, but i need to get a better supply ATM it might fix that. Having issues with my supply as well. (i got a cheap one) I might be replacing it soon
@jemlee: let my try that one as well. most likely this is hardware issue, but still ill try.

papyrus

OP
Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
@jemlee: Yeah. it seems i cant create a log file. I looked it up myself it seems normal for me. haha. i look what i can do to create the log file so u can check as well.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
hmmmm, if you you say it looks pretty normal then i guess it can't be that bad... I just wanna help so yea.

anyway, it is probably a hardware issue like you said so i dunno how to help on that... if it's overheating use speedfan to check the temp or something.

Besides this i'm kinda lost myself unless I'm there with you to open your pc.
unsure.gif

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like a PSU issue, you say it started after you upgraded the graphics? What are the specs on the power supply? What is 12v amp rating?

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have the problem with my computer all the time and it is usually when i watch a movie. i have never had a problem with win vista but with win7 it happens all the time. with me it is a drivers issue. i have a c2quad and a ati HD3870. i cant seem to find a problem with it. everything is clean i have a 750w psu. but all i do is reinstall the drivers again and it holds out the restart for a while. but it happens again inevitably.

papyrus

OP
Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
Master_B said:
first turn on BSOD

http://juntariman.wordpress.com/2009/10/25...estart-b-s-o-d/

then you can see what the problem gives...

instead of rebooting it just crashes and most of the time it gives an error code / mem error / videocard error/ dll error. --> post that and we can do more for you
biggrin.gif

yes i enable it, lets see if ill get BSOD. Waiting for the next shutdown. I checked cpu temperature 52c. I checked thie volts on speedfan. Vcore: 1.30V, +12V:2.43V and AVcc: 3.33V.

@akotan: i already cleaned the fans. Still got 1 shutdown after 5 hrs of using the pc.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
open the pc & look at the capacitors on the motherboard & gfx card.
see if any look bulged or leaking - it's common.
the same happens in the psu - a lot.
but i'm not recommending any "non-tech" open a psu for safety reasons.

what make & model are the mobo & psu?

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
delta123 said:
i have the problem with my computer all the time and it is usually when i watch a movie. i have never had a problem with win vista but with win7 it happens all the time. with me it is a drivers issue. i have a c2quad and a ati HD3870. i cant seem to find a problem with it. everything is clean i have a 750w psu. but all i do is reinstall the drivers again and it holds out the restart for a while. but it happens again inevitably.

It sounds like the processor maybe overheating my laptop used to do it all the time if I was watching videos on youtube or watching DVD's. Perhaps you should buy an external fan, I bought 1 for just £4 on ebay, my laptop never overheats now, it also slightly raises it from the surface which helps it stay cool.

papyrus

OP
Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Is it restarting, or shutting off?

Does it let you turn it right back on with the power button, or do you need to cut the power or wait a bit before it'll turn back on?

it just shutdown, then ill just push the power button to turn it on again.

@steve-p: yea i checked the mobo, no capacitors are leaking or any unusual bulging. I think this is a psu issue im not really sure. And im not really touching psu for safety reasons.

ill be putting a fan to cool to cpu as well. it might work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night