Hacking RawkSD

changeling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with RB2 freezing right after getting in to the main menu. I have at the most time to choose quickplay and then it freezes and I hear a continuous buzzing noise and I have to hard power down and back up.
I'm running a softmii'ed system menu 3.2U using an original retail disc.
Everything seemed to go smoothly, importing all RB1 songs from my .iso, prepping the SD card on the wii with the rawksd installer, adding songs on the pc and finishing installation on the wii. But now it just freezes all the time when I reach the main menu of the game. I tried deleting the songs using the program on the computer and deleting the rawksd folder off my sd card and it still freezes when that SD card is in the wii.
The pc program suggested redownloading a song in the store if having continued problems due to corruption, but I can't get to the store before the game freezes.
Any suggestions?

Edit: I checked my SD card and there's only 154MB free, so I must not have deleted the song data. I should have realized it writes to the same place the DLC store does on the card, not just in to the rawkSD folder.

Edit2: Think I found it. There's 2 folders in SD:\private\wii\DATA\
Both have .bin files, 1 folder has all files modified today, hopefully that's the RB1 songs. The other folder has older date modifieds and I think it's my DLC.

Edit3: Deleted the newer .bin folder, and the RawkSD save file in the wii memory. That seems to have fixed it. No more freezing and my purchased songs are still there. I think it was the rawksd save file causing the problem. So I'm back to square 1 to try again.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one link me to some Drum and bass flavor scores? I'v looked on score hero and the like but didnt find much.

any help appreciated
biggrin.gif

KiiWii

maxdaling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep getting this message when I start up Rock band 2:

add-on content cannot be restored to the wii system memory

obviously my customs aren't showing up, what's causing this? The system memory has over 1000 blocks left, so it shouldn't be the space.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thekirby45 said:
snesmaster40 said:
Oh I've found one problem with the RawkSD installer (the one you in HBC). The app leaves the Wii in mono mode and the only way to restore the sound is to reset the Wii. Can this be fixed?
I was wonder why the sound quality decreased every time I add a new song

I thought the audio did not sound right.

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
I got it working with songs imported from my RB1 but then I tried a custom song from scorehero.
Wii freezes before the main menu. Doesn't get fixed until I deleted all save files of RB2 and RawkSD in the system memory and deleted the offending custom song from the SD. Then I installed the RB1 imported songs again and it works fine. But now I cannot connect to the Music Store. The imported songs show up but my songs bought from the music store is nowhere to be seen. I'd redownload it but it won't let me connect to the Music Store now. Saying "Check internet connection" when trying to connect to Music Store. The thing is, my Wii is connected and I can even go to online tour. It's just the Music Store after this whole freezing with the custom song thing.

Are my purchased DLC gone forever? Any help appreciated.

armageddan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this is great! i was hoping you guys would finish this soon, otherwise i would've had to get it on rockband 1 and i really didn't feel like getting another guitar for it. anyways this is great, now i have access to all the customs i want
smile.gif

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you're having a problem with freezing (music store, before main menu, etc), use the Customs -> Erase DLC List option to try and purge your list of all DLC, then use the music store to refresh the list.

The "cannot be restored to the wii system memory" error... All I can suggest is to try reinstalling the songs again from the beginning, with the Wii installer. Corruption can happen on the SD card (especially if you take it out before unmounting/safe removal).

D

Deleted User

3 songs from Frets on Fire work for me, but when I made a custom song, it didn't work. The song works perfectly on Frets on Fire, but when I use RawkSD, it says this:

"An error occured when working with the chart file. A detailed report has been saved to the "exception.log" file in your RawkSD directory. If this is a valid MIDI note chart, please send it to [email protected] so that the issue can be fixed."

So I checked the exception log, and it says this:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at lolwutax.a(lolwutaq A_0)
at lolwutbz.a(Object A_0)
Source: RawkSD
Site: lolwutax a(lolwutaq)

at lolwutax.a(lolwutaq A_0)
at lolwutbz.a(Object A_0)

I also sent you an e-mail with the midi chart attached. Help?

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
AerialX said:
If you're having a problem with freezing (music store, before main menu, etc), use the Customs -> Erase DLC List option to try and purge your list of all DLC, then use the music store to refresh the list.

The "cannot be restored to the wii system memory" error... All I can suggest is to try reinstalling the songs again from the beginning, with the Wii installer. Corruption can happen on the SD card (especially if you take it out before unmounting/safe removal).

Will this fix my problem with not being able to connect to Music Store? 'Cause I kinda remember clicking "yes" on the PC when I was asked "click yes if you're sure you haven't downloaded anything from the music store ever".. Something about not having wifi and playing in europe.. i dunno. Anyways after that my purchased DLC did not show up and I couldn't connect to Music Store. The RB1 imported songs show up but I can't go to the music store to make my purchased DLC come back.

Help please.
frown.gif

maxdaling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reinstalling worked nicely. Now I''ve just got some problems with customs.. they're a bit out of sync, no problem I'll fix that later. I'm just wondering why when I add a second person on drums they always freeze, I'm sure it's some easy thing I forgot to click or something.

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is officially the 2nd best things I've done with my Wii (the first being getting it to run off external HDD).
Just a few notes on my experience:
- Every time I run the Rawk Installer then start the game, the Wii says the game disc cannot be read. So, reboot the Wii after installing customs, then the game works fine.
- The customs will not work on the card with the USB loader (I just swap in another one just for DLC)

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay people... New build up. There are a lot of changes, I suggest everyone downloads it now.
(The Wii apps still haven't been changed though, don't bother updating them)\
Same download link.

Things like less crashes, better compatibility with FoF charts again, doesn't require internet to install anymore. Random fixes...
And the biggest thing, a breaking change: You all need to re-import your GH3/GHA discs. It only takes a minute to do a whole disc (it'll skip the audio if you already have it imported), but I need everyone to do it because I made a huge change to the way overdrive works. If you play online with someone who had it imported with an old version, bad things will happen. So I'm hoping everyone can do this.

(This also applies to any customs you have, it's probably best if you re-import the charts for them again if you want to play online with people)

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkChili said:
there is now an import guitar hero 2 option... how does I use it? do I need the PS2 disc or 360 disc or?
By assumption it's Playstation 2. PS2 discs are easier to decrypt (from recollection, they're not really encrypted at all...) and they're less memory than 360 discs. Also somebody in the IRC mentioned that they thought this feature would be nice and suggested it for the PS2 version.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone having problems with the PC App crashing when preparing a FOF chart, try converting the mid to chart and then back to mid (just select Rock Band each time tho in the converter). Its an old GH3/FOF Customs trick, works for me!!

Had something really bizarre happen earlier.
I imported a few songs off a GH3 Custom disc, went to play one song but it had the original audio with the custom chart. Always worked fine as a GH3 disc. Don't understand how the original audio was playing tho, cus itd been replaced on the Custom Disc, id imported some GH3 into RB2 but not this particular song, and my GH3 Custom is NTSC whereas my GH3 is PAL so have different Game ID's.
Wierd

changeling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to install customs (just RB1 songs) now I get the following error after taking the card out the wii and choosing my songs to install in the pc program:
xvt2zqbxvx16102m6yp.jpg

I've tried on 2 different SD cards. I've tried putting the card back in the wii anyway to finish the install process (it seems to install the song data before erroring) and the installer on the wii errors out.

This may have to do with the freezing problem I was having yesterday and me manually deleting the rawksd save file from the wii's internal memory, and deleting the rawk folder and this folder (I:\private\wii\data\cRBA) from the 1st SD card I was using.

I've got softmii/cIOScorp on my wii and I did run the IOS37 patcher. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Got it working by starting from a formatted SD card and no save files on the wii. RB1 songs worked!

As soon as I download something from the store though and rerun the installer to update my save, I get freezing again in the game >.

dtw_2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
Okay people... New build up. There are a lot of changes, I suggest everyone downloads it now.
(The Wii apps still haven't been changed though, don't bother updating them)\
Same download link.

Things like less crashes, better compatibility with FoF charts again, doesn't require internet to install anymore. Random fixes...
And the biggest thing, a breaking change: You all need to re-import your GH3/GHA discs. It only takes a minute to do a whole disc (it'll skip the audio if you already have it imported), but I need everyone to do it because I made a huge change to the way overdrive works. If you play online with someone who had it imported with an old version, bad things will happen. So I'm hoping everyone can do this.

(This also applies to any customs you have, it's probably best if you re-import the charts for them again if you want to play online with people)

Feature Suggestion, to make redoing customs and distribution of custom created files smoother ... How about the possibility to load / automatically export a text config file containing all configuration settings for a given custom song.

That way users could distribute (legal) charts and be able to create a custom song very quickly. ... Also, for future changes made in your software, a quick batch install that fixes all customs with the newest code (using said config files / folder structure) ... would make future changes much smoother and allow users to sync custom content easily

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I love the progress made on this whole thing and I'd love to check it all out but I'm waiting until this works with USB loaders. That and I'm waiting for a particular album to be created in a format that works with this. (I think someone over on the FOF forums is working on the album I want)

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok first of all Great Tool !! finally a way to get some custom songs that everyone can personalize.
the downfall is , i can't get it working
tongue.gif

Specs:
4.0U
cIOS 13a
using Softchip ( HBC version )
750Blocks free on Wii
RB2 - on Disc
GH-Aerosmith ( on HDD , Extracted it from HDD with WBFS Manager 3.0 )

Steps:
i patched the game with Patcher.
Ran Installer, waited for the message to plug the SD to pc.
.. so far so good ..

now i went to PC ran RAWKSD. i have the ISO of GH-Aerosmith. i ran the Extract for all the songs.
Imported it to the SD card, placed it into the Wii Clicked ok... says Custom is installed.
.. let me know if im doing a wrong step please
smile.gif

go back to HBC run Softchip on 248 ( its how i can play RB2 with instruments )
i can goto Practice Mode or Solo and actually see the songs there, but when i try to select it , it shows Loading.. then i get error " unable to restore to Wii Memeory " then i get bumped back to the song list..
ALSO i have tried doing these steps 3 times and im always stuck at the same point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2