Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Japanese site AppBank were browsing the App Store the other day when, oh, hello, what did they find but a copy of Resident Evil 4. For the iPhone.

It's since been taken down, but as you can see from this clip, it's pretty unlikely this is a fake. That sure looks like a real iPhone game, right down to the crummy controls and pointless dilution of a classic console title.

Since it's been taken down, and Capcom know the cat's out of the bag, we can hopefully (?) expect more details on this game in the near future.

Capcom sure does like to port their Resident Evil franchise.

Source

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, what? No gore? Lame.
tongue.gif

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reading the comments in the source tells me RE4 for iPhone is crap and lacking everything the real RE4 stood for.
But, if it works on an iPod Touch, I'm willing to try it out.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well that's usually how ports are, most of the time the games ported aren't that good, but there are sometimes when good games are ported such as 'Bioshock'.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
There's no way that this is RE4. It has maybe Leon and the villians, but where's Ashley? How do they want to integrate her? There's no space left for a button...and how do they want to port a 4GB Game?

My Guesses are that it only has that stage, and you must try to survive/shot as long/much as possible...nah, we'll see. But looks nice already
smile.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think they should have worked on the controls a little bit more. I would have use an analog-stick for movement (like in X2 Football on iPhone, where the analog-stick appears, where you tap first and you can also move outside the stick-area and your movement is still being recognised

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
There are some games that work on the iPhone/iT, and some that don't.... This is one that doesn't!

And it'll still likely end up being one of the best sellers on iPhone. The novelty of having RE4 (in some form) will sell the hell out of the game, even amongst the haters, I'm sure.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
There's no way that this is RE4. It has maybe Leon and the villians, but where's Ashley? How do they want to integrate her? There's no space left for a button...and how do they want to port a 4GB Game?

How many Gamecube disks was Resi 4 on? One, two? I don't know since I had the PS2 version, but I'm pretty sure it was only one disk. Even 2 disks it would still only amount to 3GB, less after removing any duplicated data there might have been.

Now consider that the models are going to have a lot less polygons and that the textures are going to be MUCH smaller on the iPhone, that will reduce the size dramaticly. Not to mention it looks as though the animation is incredibly limited, and I doubt the sound files are going to be left uncompressed, in fact they'll probably have the crap compressed out of them.

Isn't there already a mobile phone port anyway? I don't see what the original game's size even has to do with anything, it's not like they're trying to shove a gamecube disk into the iPhone and play the original game, it looks as though it's completely remade.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was actually ported to mobiles on Japans BREW 4.0. This is probably that version but tweeked to fit the iPhone & iTouch.

According to the wiki the mobile version has these differences:
QUOTE said:
Differences from the original include changing the flow of the story from being continuous to being divided into sections such as "Village", "Ravene", "Fortress" and "Subterranian Tunnel". There is also a more challenging Mercenary Mode.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
Whoa!! The controls look terrible!!! Ugh! Wii version is so much better.
Wow.... Are you comparing the Wii version to the iPhone version?
Dude, Thats like comparing the DS version of The Force Unleashed to the 360 version.

QUOTE(Hadrian @ Jul 14 2009, 04:41 PM) This was actually ported to mobiles on Japans BREW 4.0.
I thought Japan was against Homebrew...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1