Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So, there was literally like two or three people that made themes for FBI and a derp that made a tutorial along the lines of "grab the files from the repo, replace them, put here". And all of that was worthless because that doesn't do much for me.

Instead, I decided to fill the hole with my shit tier theme previewer that utilizes...PYTHON \o/. Isn't that great? Another python application that everyone can almost use. Anyways, it's nowhere near good enough to actually be a previewer yet, but I thought I would share it now because I'm going to sleep.

Read the readme. There's an exe included too, for the derps that want to cling to some faint hope.
https://github.com/jurassicplayer/FBIThemePreviewer
ragtK99.png
56qs9PI.png
7GQ5Y3O.png
UCnHOFb.png
fbi-preview-png.74491

- Edit -
I swear if you people use this to make some godawful FBI theme, so help me, I will hunt you down and beat you to death with a stuffed teddy bear.

Last edited by jurassicplayer,

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's part of the "read/write to text color.cfg" bit on the readme under "shit I'll get to eventually". Also, you should be able to change the text colors in the script (I think most of them anyways) with configuration => text.color or something. Supposedly can't do opacity with tkinter though.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I updated the previewer a little more. More buttons work. More buttons are there (well one). More things aren't bad. More things are bad.

Now you can preview your progress bar, though now it requires Pillow (if you don't know what it is, then you can just look at the exe and hope that has it included because I honestly have no idea). It only "animates" the generic percentages "0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%".

There is also the Meta Info screen that has fake metadata, but you can check all of your textcolors on that screen (no, I haven't gotten textcolor.cfg reading yet, so you still need to type your stuff into the .py script to see that sort of thing). Since I was being extra fancy, the Configuration class also has some simple theme configs that show up as the meta info (theme title, theme desc, theme author, theme version) which I might leave somewhere so people can have something to look at that I didn't use pseudo-random on.

Almost everything can be previewed now at least (just the buttons left). There is a new Refresh button. Previously I was just magically reloading literally every image every second, which is totally a bad idea, hence why I decided I'll just leave the reloading up to manual mouse click...but maybe I'll make it a toggleable option or something if the Pillow things don't completely ruin things and make it hang for literally just cropping the same image a couple times.

Thought I'd also mention, but this isn't supposed to be or probably is ever going to be a 1:1 pixel perfect replica of how FBI is going to look. For one, I just picked a random font that looked alright, and two tkinter also has it's own derpy limitations (no alpha for text).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated the previewer for more fanciness. The selection bar overlay can now move to follow the mouse on mouse press. Right clicking on one of the lines in the Meta Info screen will bring up the color picker for that entry (ex. Right clicking the "NAND" text line will bring up a color picker to change that text color).

Unfortunately still no writing to textcolor.cfg yet, but it can now read from the cfg along with a new config file for the actual program (just for themer's convenience). The config file makes the exe about equal to the .py script (since the config has the theme_folder).

In terms of actual previewing, there is only the buttons screen left, but everything else can provide a decent idea of what the theme would look like. Text color transparency and the font can't be fixed at all though using Tkinter, which means those probably will never get fixed.

I'm also considering looking at python-watchdog which supposedly can watch the filesystem for file changes and then I can just auto-update specific files that get changed rather than everything.

CBarWyl.png

- Edit -
Stop-gap solution for not having the hex colors:
3pQ4CX2.png

Last edited by jurassicplayer,

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I slightly modified the theme from @stewartisme by including the white icons from @chaoskagami as well as adding the 2 lines for "ticketinuse" and "ticketnotinuse" to the cfg file since they were missing and otherwise "tickets" is just all blank due to default "00" hex for Alpha channel. Preview on 3DS in spoiler below due to large image collection.

KpzOmoj.jpg

Attachments

• [fbi theme] Dark Mode by stewartisme, chaoskagami and Favna .zip
    278.8 KB · Views: 258
Reactions: chaoskagami

JVF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I slightly modified the theme from @stewartisme by including the white icons from @chaoskagami as well as adding the 2 lines for "ticketinuse" and "ticketnotinuse" to the cfg file since they were missing and otherwise "tickets" is just all blank due to default "00" hex for Alpha channel. Preview on 3DS in spoiler below due to large image collection.

KpzOmoj.jpg
Thanks, but when I go to the TitleDB mode I can't see anything in the bottom screen, the titles in the bottom screen are black instead of being red and green.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, but when I go to the TitleDB mode I can't see anything in the bottom screen, the titles in the bottom screen are black instead of being red and green.
Hm yeah correct. The cfg file was still missing the "installed" and "notinstalled" lines. Copy this into the cfg file or redownload. Attachment below is updated, attachment above is also updated to prevent old-version-downloads

Code:
text=FFFFFFFF
nand=FF0000FF
sd=FF00FF00
gamecard=FFFF0000
dstitle=FFDC00E6
file=FFFFFFFF
directory=FF0000FF
enabled=FF00FF00
disabled=FF0000FF
installed=FF00FF00
notinstalled=FF0000FF
ticketinuse=FF75F875
ticketnotinuse=FF0000FF

Note: If you download only the txt file make sure to change the extension back to .cfg upon downloading!!!!

Attachments

• [fbi theme] Dark Mode by stewartisme, chaoskagami and Favna .zip
    278.8 KB · Views: 247
Last edited by Favna,
Reactions: JVF

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated the previewer again. It can now save to textcolor.cfg and will do so right after color editing, so try not to misclick and lose a previously picked color. I also made the hex codes actually useful since the text color format is actually ABGR, so the Meta Info screen shows them in #BGR format.

Most of the main functionality is now there (aside from the button buttons), so in theory it should be a decent enough preview of what your theme is going to look like and you can easily change things.

So my plan is to add the button preview, then possibly how to add in watchdog (for all of the magical reloading on file change), and finally maybe a UI revamp to something that isn't quite as hideous as what I have.

fym7g3I.png

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated the previewer. Automatic image reloading is now a thing. Also consolidated the buttons into two as of right now. One is the main "preview" which is sort of like an interactive FBI (right click goes one screen deep and then returns to the main screen) and the other is the same old text color editor.
The small button previews are under CTR NAND and TWL NAND, large button preview is under Update, and the progress bar is under Remote Install. SD gives an example of the file and directory colors and the rest are currently not implemented yet.

There is also some minor error handling and I made a demo reel to show what I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3