Hacking Remake of Super Mario Bros (SMB Team)

Yoshi Party

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nice covers

however, it might be possible to change the overview maps but I'm quite sure that you can not add more levels than given before->at the moment you can "only" replace everything...
For adding things you would have to recalculate ALL POINTERS in the iso->almost impossible I guess(even in games like Super Mario 64 extended, which has been modded long time ago, it's still not possible to add new objects)

But the hope dies at last or something like that
smile.gif

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tj_cool said:
nikeymikey said:
smb2 wasn't even a proper mario game!!
unless you live in Japan
The Japanese SMB2 is called the lost levels here

Lol i know that, i remember from the AllStars days. Plus i got a chance to play the original once, on a Famicom Disk System. Im also remaking world 1 for the SMBT team at the moment.

hamradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugothacked posted his 6-4 over at the forums. So the grid is complete.
yay.gif

Which I think is a pretty awesome achievement considering Ragee only open the thread about 5 days ago.

Progress Grid (finished levels in grey, blue in progress)
1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4
2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4
3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4
4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4
5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 5-4
6-1, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4
7-1, 7-2, 7-3, 7-4
8-1, 8-2, 8-3, 8-4

.... now that the grid is complete, we all win the special prize of .... a new grid!

Lost Levels Progress Grid (finished levels in grey, blue in progress/reserved)
1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4
2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4
3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4
4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4
5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 5-4
6-1, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4
7-1, 7-2, 7-3, 7-4
8-1, 8-2, 8-3, 8-4
9-1, 9-2, 9-3, 9-4
A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4
B-1, B-2, B-3, B-4
C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4
D-1, D-2, D-3, D-4

Edit: thanks nikeymikey forgot about those

Head over to the forums if you want to contribute. People are already reserving levels.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lost Levels has Worlds A to D as well and i think a World 9 too. You should add those to the grid!!

And ive already claimed "A"
laugh.gif

I just checked definately a World 9 and A, B, C and D.

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I kept forgetting something when I made world two for Lost Levels. The three that are up on the forums now are (finally) finished. Well they're finished to the best of my ability. Probably need a little editing. Hopefully not too much. I've learned a lot in a couple days. Might do stage four tonight. If not tonight, it'll definitely be done by this time tomorrow.

hamradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I bet you guys have already thought of this, but I really hope you guys just go and trow everything, already properly named, into a zip file so that people dont have to download the individual files themselves.

Yeah thats the idea, the individuals on the forums are for testing and editing. Once thats done there will be a official release which will include all of SMB and any texture, background, music replacements that are completed. And then once lost levels are done that will be added on to create the final game.

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If SMB is going to be released before we finish the lost levels, you should leave a note for people burning it to a disc that half the game isn't there
wink.gif

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have a question about this, if you guys are going to include both the original SMB and the Lost Levels on the same disk, how would that work in terms of cover art? I mean if you put two games on one disk then you would need a cover art that clearly depicts that otherwise you would then be forcing people to choose between two awesome cover arts.

Another question is this. What happens then when you beat the original SMB will it jump you straight into the Lost Levels?

One more thing, how in the Lost Levels will you account for the ability to get to world 9, because as I remember it in order to get to world 9 you had to beat the previous 8 worlds without taking any shortcuts, otherwise when you beat world 8 it took you straight to world A.

Forgive all the questions and do know that I love the work being done, but I just want to know a few things.

Lastly, I assume that unlike the original games, when you beat a level you will have to walk to the next one, via the overworld?

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
I actually have a question about this, if you guys are going to include both the original SMB and the Lost Levels on the same disk, how would that work in terms of cover art? I mean if you put two games on one disk then you would need a cover art that clearly depicts that otherwise you would then be forcing people to choose between two awesome cover arts.

Another question is this. What happens then when you beat the original SMB will it jump you straight into the Lost Levels?

One more thing, how in the Lost Levels will you account for the ability to get to world 9, because as I remember it in order to get to world 9 you had to beat the previous 8 worlds without taking any shortcuts, otherwise when you beat world 8 it took you straight to world A.

Forgive all the questions and do know that I love the work being done, but I just want to know a few things.

Lastly, I assume that unlike the original games, when you beat a level you will have to walk to the next one, via the overworld?
That's what the "Old" Super Mario Bros. cover could be used for. Though the blurb could be edited to say both.

1stkirbyever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I guess I'll help with the Lost Levels and such, but before I do that I'll be happy to test out every file to see which ones need fixing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: