Hacking Remake of Super Mario Bros (SMB Team)

Tobynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now I´ve read a lot about remaking SMB Classic, I´ve played some Levels and excited about it. But I´ve read nothing about the overworld map. Is it possible to edit this?

Assassination

暗殺者Lv25
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guess who's back
cool.gif
now i have my courage to make levels again!

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update: world 8 is done all I need to do is play the original and see if everything feels right. Will upload levels tomorrow after I play smb ll
Olj out

hamradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Editing of Worlds 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 is complete and ready for testing. Get the latest version of the levels from the Original SMB forum. Some levels require modified tilesets to be installed otherwise you may experience glitches or a black screen (these will be included in the official release). Make sure you read the editors note in the forum for the level first if you have problems. Please report any bugs or inconsistencies in the thread for the corresponding level on the originalsmbw forum. Thanks.

World 1
245wxu1.jpg
2pzk12c.jpg

1eq6mo.jpg
1zf7xwk.jpg

World 2
11r3qq0.jpg
14b237.jpg

ieh4rt.jpg
2qburh4.jpg

World 3
345gffm.jpg
126496g.jpg

v32bec.jpg
143q26p.jpg

World 4
6ycsat.jpg
21edm6v.jpg

kd040k.jpg
16hupms.jpg

World 8
9i5rmc.jpg
34jdd3l.jpg

21awfi1.jpg
2m7hqvq.jpg

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DeadlyFoez said:
No I did not change the tileset. If the tileset needs to be changed then Ragee should add that into his instructions on the first post. I did exactly what he said in the instructions otherwise.

But Oh yeah, level 1-1, there is a glitch. If you go down the pipe the camera gets all fucked up. It's like the camera is allowed to move to the side by one block and keeps looking screwed up. Try it. Go from side to side when in that pipe and you'll see what I mean.

The camera glitch on this level is known and will be or may even already have been fixed. Cheers for the bug report tho keep em comin.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, just because the bosses are there, doesn't mean they should be used.... I like the Bowser Button idea much better. Then again im just a retro kinda guy

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
metroid4life14 said:
I actually disagree with DeadlyFoez... if it's a remake, it should stay true to the original. Save the novel ideas for the Newer team.
Ok, you wanna do that, then remove the wall jump ability, ignore the fact of star coins and never fully complete the game, remove the shaking of the wiimote. Hell if you can do assembler then you can remove so much. But hell, if you want it that bad then just run the rom of the original game through an emulator. Why dick around and make it more complicated. No point of reinventing the wheel for the same archaic game. This should be a further improvement.
I agree that all of the new control crap should be scrapped. You're forgetting that we're adding multiplayer, updated graphics, and remixed soundtracks. And there's no guarantee that a few guys from the scene could add anything to nintendo's game that would make it significantly better anyways.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think the old fashioned thing is a good idea, but I would enjoy having star coins or something, nut it doesn't matter to me. Maybe in the end result star coins may be added, also I don't think you can remove wall jumping, can you? Anyways, I still think it's great all the effort the SMB Team is putting into this. If you don't like it, state your opinion but don't start raging, if you hate it, don't respond, mind your own, right? Anyways, since this is sticking to the old concept they are making as close as they can and I have to admit it is amazing.

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh not old fashioned. i like this remake. old levels on NEW engine. ok i can life with music changes. but please dont edit the gfx. i have seen a vid about using bricks and other stuff from nes smb with new styled mario and enimies from nsmbw and it looks ugly!!!

hey and star coins wall jumps and co is a nice feature for an "old" games. dont remove it. a remake should only looks like an old game and not replace a new on with an old one. if i want a completly old game i can use an emulator an play my old games.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, Deadlyfoez! This is a remake of an old game in a newer game engine, of course theres gonna be features not in the old game ie wall jump. We are trying to stay as close to the original (AllStars) as we can when it comes to how the levels look but yes, there will be some minor differences. Also the levels that are available to download are TESTING versions, no-one said they were the FINAL releases. Star coins and things will be added when the levels are fully tested and working without any flaws. As for your rant, if you dont like it, F**K OFF and do your own remake. I understand u have done a lot for the wii community, but sometimes you just go off like a pair of wind up teeth, on and on spouting bollocks.
laugh.gif

Anyway as others have said if you dont like it, dont play it. Im sure we will manage without your input, destructive as it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: