Hardware Hacking Homebrew Restarting fresh on Wii U

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a hacked wii u which I hacked years ago, when botw came out. Is there a way to put it to factory default and start over?

Is it possible to play GC and Wii games off HDD or SD card?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not using CBHC you can factory reset, if you are using CBHC you need to disable it first in the homebrew menu then factory reset. CBHC is Coldboot Haxchi which automatically boots CFW, you would probably know if you have it.

Yes you can play GC and Wii games several ways. If you want to use one single external hard drive for both Wii U and Wii/GC and have all games on your Wii U menu you would need to make injects using TeconMoons Wii VC Injector. If you want the games to be on your vWii side separated from Wii U you would need two hard drives (and also use ustealth if you want to keep them both plugged in at the same time). You could also use your sd card to put those games they would also be on the vWii side.

Reactions: jeannotte

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're not using CBHC you can factory reset, if you are using CBHC you need to disable it first in the homebrew menu then factory reset. CBHC is Coldboot Haxchi which automatically boots CFW, you would probably know if you have it.

Yes you can play GC and Wii games several ways. If you want to use one single external hard drive for both Wii U and Wii/GC and have all games on your Wii U menu you would need to make injects using TeconMoons Wii VC Injector. If you want the games to be on your vWii side separated from Wii U you would need two hard drives (and also use ustealth if you want to keep them both plugged in at the same time). You could also use your sd card to put those games they would also be on the vWii side.

Ok I will check what is in the homebrew menu. It will have to be there right, you cant install anything without it?

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wdym? You need the installer if you have it. Do you see an "Autobooting..." screen when you turn on the console?
Its at my parents house. If im not mistaken, it boots up and there are 2 games installed on internal storage which is launched from the home screen.

AskingForTrouble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you attempt to factory reset your Wii U and it has Cold Boot HaxChi (cbhc) installed, it’ll permanently brick your Wii U. This is because whatever Nintendo DS game that is assigned to cbhc is used to start the console into the home brewed environment. If you delete this file (which will read “don’t touch me”) or even move it off of the device, your console will be bricked. So it’s very important that you know if you’re running CBHC or not. You should also see what vWii hacks were performed, though I’m unaware of bricking issues due to factory resets (I could be wrong).

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you attempt to factory reset your Wii U and it has Cold Boot HaxChi (cbhc) installed, it’ll permanently brick your Wii U. This is because whatever Nintendo DS game that is assigned to cbhc is used to start the console into the home brewed environment. If you delete this file (which will read “don’t touch me”) or even move it off of the device, your console will be bricked. So it’s very important that you know if you’re running CBHC or not. You should also see what vWii hacks were performed, though I’m unaware of bricking issues due to factory resets (I could be wrong).

Ok so had a look, there is no homebrew app in the home screen only 2 Wii U games installed on internal storage. I do not recall using a DS games to hack it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.