Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconcilliation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks like I do, I'm going to try turning the SPI Firewall off.

Edit: Alright, with the firewall off, 192.168.1.1 still did not work [I once again connected to the real GTS]. Going to try 192.168.1.112 now.
Edit 2: 192.168.1.112 also did not work.

Reconcilliation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, they're both there.

I'm going to try disabling windows firewall as well now. I added the program to the exceptions list already but maybe something bugged out, I don't know. Also disabled the web access protection in NOD32, [forgot about that entirely...] but I doubt that will change anything, guess I'll find out in a sec.

Edit: 192.168.1.112 didn't work
Edit2: 192.168.1.1 still connects to the real GTS; also I tried 192.168.1.100 and that simply doesn't connect at all.

Only thing I can think of, is trying a different .pkm file. Does anyone have one that they know works?

Edit3: Actually... I'm going to try disconnecting from the internet altogether and then try to connect through 192.168.1.1
Edit4: Tried it and it didn't work, got a 52100 error message instead of connecting.
Edit5: Would the Router WAN IP be usable instead of the LAN IP? My WAN is 70.69.191.254, while its LAN IP is 192.168.1.1

shadow2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you have the same issue as me it gives me the ip 192.168.1.100 and this will connect me to the real gts plz post if u find a fix

Drake5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reconcilliation said:
Yep, they're both there.

I'm going to try disabling windows firewall as well now. I added the program to the exceptions list already but maybe something bugged out, I don't know. Also disabled the web access protection in NOD32, [forgot about that entirely...] but I doubt that will change anything, guess I'll find out in a sec.

Edit: 192.168.1.112 didn't work
Edit2: 192.168.1.1 still connects to the real GTS; also I tried 192.168.1.100 and that simply doesn't connect at all.

Only thing I can think of, is trying a different .pkm file. Does anyone have one that they know works?

Edit3: Actually... I'm going to try disconnecting from the internet altogether and then try to connect through 192.168.1.1
Edit4: Tried it and it didn't work, got a 52100 error message instead of connecting.
Edit5: Would the Router WAN IP be usable instead of the LAN IP? My WAN is 70.69.191.254, while its LAN IP is 192.168.1.1

192.168.1.1 is the default dns. Have you restarted your computer? It's IP address may be different. The WAN ip is on a different network, so no it won't work.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
dudeonline said:
QUOTE said:
A communication error has ocurred.
You will be returned to the title screen.
Please press the A button.

I get this right after I get the recieved animation. what could I be doing wrong?

Hmm Im guessing this is what its supposed to do. I just checked my box, and every copy of the stupid thing I "tried" to transfer over is there. lol.

Reconcilliation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drake5 said:
192.168.1.1 is the default dns. Have you restarted your computer? It's IP address may be different. The WAN ip is on a different network, so no it won't work.

192.168.1.1 is the IP on my router, the computer I'm running the python script on is 192.168.1.112; and neither of these addresses work.

Perhaps the DS is trying to communicate with 192.168.1.1 and the router is simply failing to transfer the information back and forth with 192.168.1.112? But then, shouldn't putting 192.168.1.112 on the DMZ have fixed that sort of issue anyways? I'm going to keep fiddling around with this until I can figure out how to get the bloody thing to work.

Edit: Alright, I took a look at my router's configuration and I copied down IP address for my ISP's DNS, and it connected just fine to that through the router. So I think I'm doing something wrong with my computer here, or the program is perhaps broken. I get the feeling if I just connected directly to my computer and bypassed the router entirely, I wouldn't have any issues. Of course that would require my computer having a wireless card, which it doesn't.

Oh and I tried rebooting, didn't work. Gonna try rebooting the router now. [Rebooting router didn't help]

shadow2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
keep u updated plz
smile.gif

Reconcilliation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, tried connecting to 192.168.1.112 without the python program running and got a 52100 connection error.

Then I tried connecting WITH the python program running, and I get a message about being unable to connect to the GTS.

I'm going to try downloading and using a different .pkm file, I have a feeling that might be the problem.

Edit: Tried a few other .pkm files, no dice. I'm going to try using a different computer now.

Edit2: SUCCESS!!

But probably not the success those of you stuck on this same issue want to hear. I grabbed a laptop running Windows 7, downloaded everything and tried connecting to the laptop this time around. Worked flawlessly.

Whatever problem my desktop was... is, having is a complete mystery to me.

SLEaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
QUOTE said:
A communication error has ocurred.
You will be returned to the title screen.
Please press the A button.

I get this right after I get the recieved animation. what could I be doing wrong?
Well, from what I've seen so far, you're supposed to get a communication error after you receive your Pokemon. Though, that was only from 1 person exampling and another person from youtube.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can anyone help me though? It seems like I have an entirely new problem. I read all 9 pages and nowhere have I seen anybody else with a 0.0.0.0 problem. From one link, it seems like it's the same kind of problem as that 1207(Dunno, just guessing at numbers) thing.
Capture.jpg

I'm running vista, Python 2.6.5, and my Router is a Netgear WGR614V9. My windows Firewall has Python and sendpkm unblocked. I have a version of AVG anti-Virus Free, if that makes a difference. When I try using either of the numbers (Default Gateway or IPV4 Address) in either or both fields, it keeps giving me the 51000 error. I've tried a total of 22 times.

Despite the fact it works for HG/SS, as shown from a video I've seen, I feel compelled to say I've tried on my Platinum and Heartgold versions. Twice with everything I could think of. (Changing from my IP to my Gateway, Putting it in only one field, changing my IP address to 10 above my computers', etc)

Help?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've sent multiple PKM files to myself on both the actual platinum and soulsilver carts and I'm the one that made the video, the connection error on soulsilver is normal, I just edited my post on the front page with a preliminary FAQ.

I want you to test something for me. Make a shortcut to sendpkm.py, then right-click it and go to it's properties and modify it. Find the "target" line, and at the end after the end quote, add a space and then type the name of the PKM (which should be in the same folder as the shortcut). Then save the changes, right-click the shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator", see if that gives you the right IP and lets you transfer.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say that after setting skype to not use ports 80 and 443, everything seems to work on my computer's end. Though, I can't actually test it because my DS is out for repairs after I bricked it ...
hate2.gif
as for how I have things set up...
I have one folder with pokesav, an applocale shortcut to pokesav, all the pkm files I get, the py files, and a shortcut to CMD which is set to start in that folder.
Now, I know using cmd isn't really necessary since all you need to do is drag the pkm file onto the sendpkm.py file, but I find it very useful because I used it to discover what was going on with the python script - ala, why it wasn't working at first. If the cmd window comes up for a sec, then disappears when you drop a pkm file on sendpkm.py, you're probably getting an error related to port 80 being blocked or in use. That is why I have the CMD shortcut in my pokesav folder. As a side note, I haven't tried this in linux yet, I probably should.
Thanks for the great python scripts
biggrin.gif

Oh, also, I believe port 80 is the normal port for http:// browsing, so... I wouldn't be loading any webpages if I were you while trying to send a pokemon to your DS.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't work with my wifi usb connector and since the game doesn't support my wpa2 connection, I'll just use pokesav and my flashcart and sent them to my retail carts that way.
Great program though for people with a WEP- or unencrypted connection.

SLEaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Then save the changes, right-click the shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator", see if that gives you the right IP and lets you transfer.

A few things,
1. Should I add it as *Pokemonname*.pkm or just *Pokemonname*
2. I don't see the "Run as administrator" option anywhere... Maybe it's because it's in a folder?
Untitled-8.jpg

Current screenshot, when I right click on the shortcut with the edited properties, the options are
Open
Open File Location
Edit with IDLE(wondering what this is)
Scan with AVG Free
Open with...
Add to Archive
Add to "sendpkm.rar"
Compress and Email
Compress to "sendpkm.rar" and Email
Send to ->
Cut
Copy
Create Shortcut
Delete
Rename
Properties

What should I do? Note, this is the only other user on my computer beside Guest, should I add an Administrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3