PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
So I can take any .3ds rom for it, convert it to save 2 with this tool and my save will work? It has nothing to do with .3dz extension or header?
Existing saves will (probably) no longer work - you'll have to export it with a save manager (like detailed in this guide), then import after converting the game to card 2. I point out card 2 conversion because it saves directly to Gateway's SD, instead of to the Gateway's internal save chip then to the SD card on exit.

I looked back at your original post and you said your save was corrupted? The issue I pointed out results in a save not being properly saved (so whatever was there before is used). What were you doing when it got corrupted?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I can take any .3ds rom for it, convert it to save 2 with this tool and my save will work? It has nothing to do with .3dz extension or header?

Will do!
You can convert your .3DS games to CIAs and you will no longer need private headers. CIAs can go online, download updates/dlc, ect without hassle.

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Existing saves will (probably) no longer work - you'll have to export it with a save manager (like detailed in this guide), then import after converting the game to card 2. I point out card 2 conversion because it saves directly to Gateway's SD, instead of to the Gateway's internal save chip then to the SD card on exit.

I looked back at your original post and you said your save was corrupted? The issue I pointed out results in a save not being properly saved (so whatever was there before is used). What were you doing when it got corrupted?
I don't really remember, I used to play with the save on a .3dz rom of MM3D then I think had some issues and had to restore completely my emuNAND from a backup and since that point the saving was showing corrupt when I tried it. I tried it recently on a fresh .3ds rom without .3dz and header and it was still showing corrupted. So do you mean your method will not work here? I already tried with the save on my SD to export it with SDF and to inject it in a .cia but the .cia said that the save was corrupted too... I doubt there's much hope now but I guess I could try your tool..

You can convert your .3DS games to CIAs and you will no longer need private headers. CIAs can go online, download updates/dlc, ect without hassle.
Yep, as I said in my post, this is exactly why I want to switch, I'm done messing with .3dz extension, injecting headers and all that. Especially now with freeshop, .3ds are competely obsolete..

Last edited by Scorchy,
Reactions: The Catboy

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't really remember, I used to play with the save on a .3dz rom of MM3D then I think had some issues and had to restore completely my emuNAND from a backup and since that point the saving was showing corrupt when I tried it. I tried it recently on a fresh .3ds rom without .3dz and header and it was still showing corrupted. So do you mean your method will not work here? I already tried with the save on my SD to export it with SDF and to inject it in a .cia but the .cia said that the save was corrupted too... I doubt there's much hope now but I guess I could try your tool..
If you still have the save, try it again with the same header, as .3dz. Renaming to .3ds or changing the header breaks saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious