OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Work in progress! For SLUS-20228 NTSC Greatest Hits release (EN, JA, FR, DE, IT, ES) CRC: FE06A030
Project start: jul 8 - finish ?
This has a max of 4096x2048 resolution and MOSTLY 2048x2048 textures, final size will be big...
Fonts.......................................NONE (endless random textures)
Items/inventory things..............0%
Characters................................15%
East South Vale........................10% (100% dumped)
Wood Side Apartments............0% (100% dumped)
Blue Creek Apartments............0%
West South Vale........................0%
Brookhaven Hospital................0%
Nightmare Hospital..................0%
Nightmare South Vale..............0%
Silent Hill Historical Society.....0%
Toluca Prison.............................0%
Labyrinth....................................0%
Toluca Lake................................0%
Lake View Hotel.........................0%
Nightmare Hotel........................0%
Born from a wish.......................0%

Working on...
Image1.png

UPDATE 24 jul: Rollback, problems with the texture joining in previous process, this time everything is ok, no further changes.
Image1.pngImage2.pngImage3.pngImage4.pngImage5.pngImage6.pngImage7.jpgImage8.png

Last edited by JuanchoTexHD,

abdulrahman19910

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You increased the brightness in the HD textures version to do the comparison screenshots? Or it's like that by default, because they are so much brighter. I think the game loss a lot of the original atmosphere with that.

Other than that, the textures looks nice, good work : )

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nice work i know how much work it is to do texturemods BUT sadly like other stated its slightly too sharp and the textures are a bit brighter but my guess the culprit is the conversion to 24bit colors

another idea would be to use the textures from the "best" version of the game the pc " sh2 enhanced edition" by the townsofsilenthill comunity theyve done an incredible work

certainmorning

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
nice work i know how much work it is to do texturemods BUT sadly like other stated its slightly too sharp and the textures are a bit brighter but my guess the culprit is the conversion to 24bit colors

another idea would be to use the textures from the "best" version of the game the pc " sh2 enhanced edition" by the townsofsilenthill comunity theyve done an incredible work
Actually right now i am working on ai upscale texture pack for enhanced edition. I will attach some screenshots. also you can find videos and comparison screenshots here (remove brackets before and after dot):
boosty[.]to/certainmorning/posts/315e0f3b-7041-44da-a852-2414cbae7cbd

P.S. Sorry if i hijacked this thread a little.

8898f0b2-370a-4807-b27a-c01ed33455b9.pnga4dbc3ee-1f14-400e-a38a-2db72f948704.png
3aef0406-8c2a-418b-bbd2-54952a6de909.png

Reactions: rantex92

abdulrahman19910

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually right now i am working on ai upscale texture pack for enhanced edition. I will attach some screenshots. also you can find videos and comparison screenshots here (remove brackets before and after dot):
boosty[.]to/certainmorning/posts/315e0f3b-7041-44da-a852-2414cbae7cbd

P.S. Sorry if i hijacked this thread a little.

View attachment 317861View attachment 317862
View attachment 317863
nice one *_* i look forward to play your mod when its finished but i thought enhanced edition came with upscaled textures anyway how far will you go resolution wise? what ai do you use ? upscaling or redraw?

Last edited by rantex92,

certainmorning

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
nice one *_* i look forward to play your mod when its finished but i thought enhanced edition came with upscaled textures anyway how far will you go resolution wise? what ai do you use ? upscaling or redraw?
Enhanced edition only has interface and quest/memo backgrounds upscaled. Textures are exactly the same as they were in 2002 pc port of the game. I use mostly ESRGAN with denoising/cleaning and manual editing if necessary.
The upscale is 4x (with some rare cases of 8x).

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Enhanced edition only has interface and quest/memo backgrounds upscaled. Textures are exactly the same as they were in 2002 pc port of the game. I use mostly ESRGAN with denoising/cleaning and manual editing if necessary.
The upscale is 4x (with some rare cases of 8x).
yesterday ive looked into the whole silenthill modding and damm the "sh texture explorer" is horrible to use i wish there was a function to extract everything at ones not just one by one

EDIT: If you ever need help just throw me the textures iwill redraw them with topaz a.i

Last edited by rantex92,

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Very nice, improved a lot, indeed. Maybe too much color and everything too saturated for a game like that. But I like things like the USA flag and the other flag of the James clothes identical to the original one, instead of the previous version.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
actually i like this oversaturation its somewhat more industrial looking it changes the mood eveen more its like an edgy black metal video

and if you need help just throw me the textures and i will see what i can do

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I reduce the saturation 50%, and do some adjusts, this time is definitive (the earlier caps has one thing disabled in configurations, new ones are the final looking), no more changes, last caps in header post and more info.

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I reduce the saturation 50%, and do some adjusts, this time is definitive (the earlier caps has one thing disabled in configurations, new ones are the final looking), no more changes, last caps in header post and more info.
Very nice :P now it looks awesome.

The thing about the saturation was only my opinion, but I think this new captures fits very well with the original game, dark and creepy but now with HD textures.

I mean... in case somebody wants more color, this can be achieved using the PCSX2 graphical options and adjust the saturation. Another way to do this is to use reshade etc. But now it looks in the way the game was designed.

Reactions: JuanchoTexHD

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Very nice :P now it looks awesome.

The thing about the saturation was only my opinion, but I think this new captures fits very well with the original game, dark and creepy but now with HD textures.

I mean... in case somebody wants more color, this can be achieved using the PCSX2 graphical options and adjust the saturation. Another way to do this is to use reshade etc. But now it looks in the way the game was designed.
No, you are right, the previous has much saturation, i look in other parts and is too much, as you say you can add with reshade, but honestly the target of all thisis to not using reshade, in last case only the internal brightess slider, but the brightness not convinced me yet, i insist with the text in the toilet it must be visible, i need to check again, my monitor is calibrated but after the process the texture always tends to dark a bit.
Looks great, but I believe your game aspect ratio is off? It looks vertically stretched to me.
The screenshots given by the emu are in 4.3 i manually adjusted the proportion, maybe is wrong, or the lower overscan was activated i cant remember.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: