ROM Hack Discussion Skyrim Mods that I can confirm are working

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys i have a problem. I've messed a little bit whit the .esp merging and the game dont start anymore. I've restore the previous backup of .ini files and Data folder tested and working, but the game is still stuck on the nintendo switch loading... why?

Ok: i dont know why but only my skyrim_it.ini was corrupted, showing a blank page.

Last edited by ShadoGiow,

Pender666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using SS Combo and Realistic Ragdoll Force and everything is ok.
Tried Vivid Weather but it crashes a lot in interiors and some weather combinations. Should be great if someone could fix it because it improves a lot the quality of the image.

I enabled Deph of Field and Volumetric lighting and it's working great. I also disabled the FXAA because it blurs the image a lot. It should crash with battles with a lot effects but it's rare. Maybe it can be fixed changing the values of MEMThreshold

Here is my ini to you guys to try
[General]
bAlwaysActive=1
sLanguage=ENGLISH
; NOTE : @igs(arm) - sTitleID is setup as an INI setting and is used to control eShop usage at
; runtime on Switch. Currently this is over-written directly in the _ja INI. However, any language
; INI can be loaded if that language is selected in a SKU. Currently, the US SKU does not support
; JAPANESE, but if in the future this language is added to sSupportedLanguages below, it will be
; necessary to remove the sTitleID from Skyrim_ja.ini and inject it at some other point of the
; build process (likely NXPackager.py)
sSupportedLanguages=ENGLISH,FRENCH,SPANISH,GERMAN,ITALIAN,RUSSIAN
;_____________________________________________________________________________________________
;### HERE YOU PUT THE ESP AND ESM MOD FILES YOU WANT TO LOAD, REMOVE THE ";" TO ACTIVATE IT ###
;_____________________________________________________________________________________________
sTestFile1=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile2=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile3=Dragonborn.esm
sTestFile4=Hyrule.esm
sTestFile5=SS_Combo.esp
sTestFile6=dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
;sTestFile7=
;sTestFile8=
;sTestFile9=
;sTestFile10=
;__________________________________________________________________________________
;### YOU STILL NEED TO LOAD THE BSA GO DOWN TO FIND WHERE TO LOAD THE BSA FILES ###
;__________________________________________________________________________________
uExterior Cell Buffer=38
uLargeRefLODGridSize=7

bCullingJobEnablePlaneOptimization=1
bModManagerMenuEnabled=0

[Display]
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=4096.0
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=3072.0
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
fLightLODStartFade=3500.0
bAllowScreenshot=1
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=9999999.0000

fFirstSliceDistance=1400.0000
fShadowDistance=3000
iShadowMapResolution=1024
fPoissonRadiusScale=4
iNumFocusShadow=1
uShadowMode=2

fDynamicDOFFarBlur=0.4
fDDOFFocusCenterweightExt=2
fDOFMaxDepthParticipation=10000
bVolumetricLightingEnable=1

uiLowTextureMemThreshold=96
uiLowGeometryMemThreshold=32

fLowPowerResolutionWidthRatio=0.8
fLowPowerResolutionHeightRatio=0.8

iSize W=1600
iSize H=900

iVolumetricLightingQuality=1
iEnableShadowCastingFlag=1
bIBLFEnable=1
bUse64bitsHDRRenderTarget=0
bUseTAA=0
bFXAAEnabled=0

bScreenSpaceReflectionEnabled=0
bEnableImprovedSnow=0

bSAOEnable=0
bSAODownscaled=1
bDynamicDOF=1
bDOFBilateralBlur=0

bEnableWaterBlend=0

bEnableAutoDynamicResolution=1
fDecreaseDRMilliseconds=33.0

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=0
bAllowLoadGrass=1
fGrassStartFadeDistance=3500
fGrassFadeRange=1000

[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=0

[Decals]
uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=60

[Interface]
fSafeZoneXWide=30
fSafeZoneYWide=20
fMinSecondsForLoadFadeIn=2.5
fFadeToBlackFadeSeconds=0.5

[LightingShader]
fDecalLODFadeStart=0.45
fDecalLODFadeEnd=0.5

[Imagespace]
iRadialBlurLevel=1

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

;_______________________________________________________
;### HERE YOU PUT THE BSA MOD FILES YOU WANT TO LOAD ###
;_______________________________________________________

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - Hyrule.bsa, SS_Combo.bsa, RealisticRagdollsandForce - Meshes.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Voices_en1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa
bLoadArchiveInMemory=1
sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Actor]
bUseNavMeshForMovement=0

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Controls]
bEnableMotionEvents=1
bEnableMotionGestures=1
bGestureEngageButtonsRequired=0
bEnableGesturePowerAttackByAccel=1
bEnableGesturePowerAttackByInput=0
fGesturePowerAttackAccelThreshhold=4.0
bEnableSixaxisBowAiming=1
bEnableSixaxisMagicAiming=1
bEnableSixaxisLockpicking=1
bRequireSixaxisLockpickingEngageLeft=1
fGestureVelocityThresholdHoriz=1.0
fGestureVelocityThresholdVert=0.9
bEnableHapticLockpicking=1
bDifferHapticLockpickingForSweetspot=1

Reactions: mranonymous

rodan100919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would this work with a physical cart?

Same way as everybody else. LayeredFS uses the title of the game to load files, not a dump of the game. So you'd save the files under atmosphere/titles/[Title] and boot as normal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anybody know if you can run MergePlugins.exe from command prompt without a skyrim profile on your computer?

I'd be surprised if it did. It won't let you proceed with merging files unless you point it at a directory it can recognize as a install directory. You *may* be able to get the TESVEdit script to work instead, but honestly I have no idea. That script was also depreciated in favor of the standalone program, so at best, it's out of date. Try at your own risk.

Kalf2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone managed to get a working teleport spell on Switch. All I have tried either crash or just dont do anything

dataslanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to get a working teleport spell on Switch. All I have tried either crash or just dont do anything
From what I understand, mods that require use of the SKSE (scripts) don't work on the Switch; I may be wrong, part wrong or right about that. Further research needed but I am positive I read that somewhere. A few of the teleport spells (like Scrolls of Passage I think it was called?) said it was implemented thru a script extension in special edition. That might be the reason why.

Can anyone confirm what I'm saying or am I full of crap?

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, mods that require use of the SKSE (scripts) don't work on the Switch
(...)
Can anyone confirm what I'm saying or am I full of crap?
No, you're definitely right about skse. We currently have no way of using those, but that doesnt necessarily mean that's why its crashing. Some mods just don't convert correctly, or he could have grabbed an incompatible mod from OG skyrim. From experience, very few mods from OG skyrim work, so it's entirely possible that he just grabbed one of those. Or, of course, skyrim switch just may not like that mod for whatever reason. That also happens.

MrDDON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys! I finally did it with ReiNX. I just had to activate fs_mitm.kip!

Did anybody of you guys has managed to convert Bruma? i already trying it, but it take´s like forever :(

lifetolifeless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after toying around with various mods and converting sse nexus mods with the skyrim nx tool, here are a few notes:

- As mentioned by previous posters, the DLCs (dawnguard, hearthfires and dragonborn) .esm can be removed, freeing up your mod slots to 10. So make sure you do that to free up 3 precious slots.

Im not sure about the amiibo mod, would need more instructions on how to free that slot up too.

- The NX tool takes a while to get used to, but it works wonderfully. Take your time and just follow the instructions on the youtube video in post #1.

- Filesize and memory: Small mods like ars metallica and obsidian weathers convert pretty quickly (about 100mb or below) with the tool.

But large mods such as Beyond Bruma, Falskaar and Helgen Reborn will take quite a bit of RAM power and time to convert (at least an hour or more).

So if you're running a potato like me, dont be too ambitious and stick to converting small mods. Or you can just wait for someone to convert them for you on Nexusmods.

- merging mods is quite a PITA (but then i read that it's tricky too even on PC), because the Merge Tool needs to detect a copy of skyrim SE on your laptop before you can run it.

It seems to be a delicate operation as I keep getting errors about merging whenever I try to run it. And not every mod can be merged too. So I gave up on merging entirely.

Would love to see a more straightforward solution sometime in the future.

- And yes USSEP works! (or at least it seems to be working, as I have no idea how to check if its properly installed).

You can't just convert from the normal USSEP patch because it contains some animation file that doesn't work on the switch.

You'll need to retrieve the havokBehaviourPostProcess.exe file from your own copy of Skyrim SE and Skyrim Creation Kit (again another PITA), and a copy of the legacy unofficial skyrim patch (USLEP).

The full instructions can be found in the Skyrim Modding NX discord chat https://discordapp.com/channels/468483390937759764/471098534226034708 under #port-tutorials.

Being able to run mods on a portable skyrim is just goddamn awesome. While I doubt we'll see SKSE support, for the non-hardcore modder there's still a ton of options to explore.

Last edited by lifetolifeless,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after toying around with various mods and converting sse nexus mods with the skyrim nx tool, here are a few notes:

- As mentioned by previous posters, the DLCs (dawnguard, hearthfires and dragonborn) .esm can be removed, freeing up your mod slots to 10. So make sure you do that to free up 3 precious slots.

Im not sure about the amiibo mod, would need more instructions on how to free that slot up too.

- The NX tool takes a while to get used to, but it works wonderfully. Take your time and just follow the instructions on the youtube video in post #1.

- Filesize and memory: Small mods like ars metallica and obsidian weathers convert pretty quickly (about 100mb or below) with the tool.

But large mods such as Beyond Bruma, Falskaar and Helgen Reborn will take quite a bit of RAM power and time to convert (at least an hour or more).

So if you're running a potato like me, dont be too ambitious and stick to converting small mods. Or you can just wait for someone to convert them for you on Nexusmods.

- merging mods is quite a PITA (but then i read that it's tricky too even on PC), because the Merge Tool needs to detect a copy of skyrim SE on your laptop before you can run it.

It seems to be a delicate operation as I keep getting errors about merging whenever I try to run it. And not every mod can be merged too. So I gave up on merging entirely.

- And yes USSEP works! (or at least it seems to be working, as I have no idea how to check if its properly installed).

You can't just convert from the normal USSEP patch because it contains some animation file that doesn't work on the switch.

You'll need to retrieve the havokBehaviourPostProcess.exe file from your own copy of Skyrim SE and Skyrim Creation Kit (again another PITA), and a copy of the legacy unofficial skyrim patch (USLEP).

The full instructions can be found in the Skyrim Modding NX discord chat https://discordapp.com/channels/468483390937759764/471098534226034708 under #port-tutorials.

Being able to run mods on a portable skyrim is just goddamn awesome. While I doubt we'll see SKSE support, for the non-hardcore modder there's still a ton of options to explore.
you can remove hyrule from the list, as for the others, a lot of mods depend on dawnguard, hearthfires and dragonborn, so removing those from the list may break some of your mods.

lifetolifeless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can remove hyrule from the list, as for the others, a lot of mods depend on dawnguard, hearthfires and dragonborn, so removing those from the list may break some of your mods.

What i meant was, the DLCs will still load up even if you remove them from the skyrim.ini file.

So you can simply delete the lines and free up 3 slots of mods, and they'll still be there when you boot up your skyrim.

Try it out for yourself :)

Anthonyg45157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i meant was, the DLCs will still load up even if you remove them from the skyrim.ini file.

So you can simply delete the lines and free up 3 slots of mods, and they'll still be there when you boot up your skyrim.

Try it out for yourself :)

Awesome thread gonna keep a close eye on this one. Has anyone tried anything to get around 10 mod limit besides merging mods? Gonna try converting some mods when my new SD card arrives, I have a pretty decent PC so it ahoush help converting.

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome thread gonna keep a close eye on this one. Has anyone tried anything to get around 10 mod limit besides merging mods? Gonna try converting some mods when my new SD card arrives, I have a pretty decent PC so it ahoush help converting.
Yeah i’ve merged more or less 19 mod with only .esp file (with no conversion) in one single .esp and works very well! (Cant convert others mod ‘couse i have a mac and a shitty 32bit windows). I’m trying recently to convert in some ways “Apocalypse” and “360 movement animation”’, I will post here the results if I find a way to do it :)

Last edited by ShadoGiow,

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To confirm it for sure, I read your Vivid Weathers crash report on the O.P. and you state you had problems in Whiterun; I had it there, in Winterhold, when entering some random buildings, and Nightingale Hall. I wonder if some of these other extreme texture overhauls are going to cause issues as well? I'm looking into some of the more undocumented INI file directives for things related to memory. Knowing absolutely nothing about the way the internals of the software work, there are different ways to access these mods/textures without fully loading them into memory and instead seek them in the file, which may be slow a bit from SD CARD but if it's supported somewhere in Skyrim it may help with memory load. I only mention this because I see the INI settings relating to memory cache/pre-loads and whatnot, and others that have found some other memory related stuff, threading, etc. (who knows how this translates to the Switch though)

Thanks for all your testing, I'm testing as well. You may want to alter the OP to include things about load order. For instance I was having issue with the 'BBB" (breast butt bounce etc), UNP Female, etc. mods that required XP32 Max Skeleton. The breasts were stretched out like Mario's nose in a 7 year old's hands in Mario 64 splash screen, the butt/thighs/hips were mutilated, etc. It turns out that XP32 MS needed to be loaded AFTER all of the BBB mods, the breathing mod, the beautiful eyes mod, the female body overhaul, 'Schlongs of Skyrim', etc. I still am not familiar with the load order rules but I was told it should be the more complex things to the least, but this can't be entirely right (and, that isn't accounting for the type of mod).

Anyway, test on everyone. Maybe we can each have an authoritative post where we put the results of our tests building on the main, and you incorporate that in, load order details included.

Regards

dataslanger

So sorry for the delay. For some reason, I haven't gotten any update notifications on this thread. I just assumed that the thread had gotten lost without any new posts.

Very interesting about the memory stuff. I believe even vanilla Skyrim pushes the limits of the Switch, as it has been the only game to get my fan to run full speed. So I see why mods like Vivid Weathers that affect the entire environment can cause these issues. Your idea about access the mods without loading them fully seems like it could lead to some potentially positive results.

As for the load order rules, have you seen this yet? https://bethesda.net/community/topic/5795/how-to-load-order/2

It gives a general list of how to manually add mods to a load order. Definitely helpful for those who cannot take advantage of LOOT.

Since my last post, I haven't messed around with any other mods as I found a really fun set of mods that I don't want to mess with. But as soon as I'm finished with it I will be trying out many new mods and will list some results here.

As lifetolifeless mentioned, the 3 DLC mods can be removed from the INI file and the DLC will run perfectly :)

Thanks so much for your input and your observations! And apologies for the delay. I didn't abandon this thread, I just did not receive notifications for some reason. Probably just me being an idiot.

Yep, the larger mods can take a very long time to convert. I believe the one that took the longest for me was Interesting NPCs. The total size of the converted mod is 8.75 GB! With literally thousands of files to convert. I have a relatively decent computer (1060 6BG, Ryzen 1600, 16GB RAM), but it still took about an hour. So to anyone running an old computer, expect an incredibly long process for the huge mods.

That is amazing to know that USSEP works. I will have to try this method. That opens up the door for some other great mods which require USSEP.

Thanks again for the awesome info! I will add it to the OP, with credit to you.

Reactions: lifetolifeless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like subway it's false advertising
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok "who ordered the Vienna sausage?"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My buddy convince me to download and play poker game with him yesterday, called Four Kings Casino, its pretty fun actually, you create a avatar and walk around in a virtual casino, and play any table, or slots with others online.There's even a dance club and bowling alley.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They should bring advertisements like this back LOL.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    or that german ninja turtle commercial
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Forgot to buy BBQ sauce at the store so made my own ffs
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blues Hog BBQ sauces are pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My insurance has a thing where if I do a virtual visit they'll just send me a $100 gift card to Walmart I'm about to sell a company my medical history for $100 lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My insurance has a thing called, " Nope, we aren't paying for that." that they like to use on us all the time. Then we play the "Ok we will go to some other insurance company." then they miraculously say ok we will pay for that.
  • The_Dizzy_Vizzy @ The_Dizzy_Vizzy:
    Well look at what the cat dragged in!!!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi