So, Are we gonna start updating all our homebrew to not boot if we dislike something users have installed?

SonicMastr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick and easy fix for that here sadly. Just always returns an error if scanning for autoplugin. Yeah autoplugin is bad, but actually locking people out of software because you don't want to deal with it instead of just a disclaimer is a bit over the top.

People should still have a choice as to what they want to do with their own vitas.

PercyRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if you find copying and pasting some files and then writing a string of a few words on a txt too much of a hassle / too difficult, then maybe the hacking scene isn't for you.

devs can do whatever they want with their homebrew, specially if it's a countermeasure towards tons of false reports that make troubleshooting and further developing the app harder; they don't owe you anything.

Last edited by PercyRS,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you find copying and pasting some files and then writing a string of a few words on a txt too much of a hassle / too difficult, then maybe the hacking scene isn't for you.

devs can do whatever they want with their homebrew, specially if it's a countermeasure towards tons of false reports that make troubleshooting and further developing the app harder; they don't owe you anything.
I kinda feel the same way, but I wasn't going to come out and say it. I've never used autoplugin, mostly due to the horror stories. I also like to do things manually, so that way if something goes wrong, I can only blame myself. :P

Reactions: SuperDan

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I kinda feel the same way, but I wasn't going to come out and say it. I've never used autoplugin, mostly due to the horror stories. I also like to do things manually, so that way if something goes wrong, I can only blame myself. :P
I've used it, within 12 days of hacking my first Vita I got stuck in a bootloop and never touched it since.

Reactions: godreborn

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
most people who usually use autoplugin feels it works for them so they stick to it. Others that have problems using it or who don't use it at all, learned to install plugin manually by now. Different strokes for different folks.

I feel there's a better way to inform user or make people learn how to manually install plugin than treating them as subhuman and belittling for relying on autoplugin. As most part of hacking is you don't always get it the first time and its a learning process.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most people who usually use autoplugin feels it works for them so they stick to it. Others that have problems using it or who don't use it at all, learned to install plugin manually by now. Different strokes for different folks.

I feel there's a better way to inform user or make people learn how to manually install plugin than treating them as subhuman and belittling for relying on autoplugin. As most part of hacking is you don't always get it the first time and its a learning process.
100% THIS, half the fun is learning,!

Reactions: Starry_Night

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think policing users is a step too far, we should never consider it okay for devs to overstep their bounds in ways like this. This type of behavior should be punished in the community, not supporting it by saying "devs can do whatever they want".

If their goal is to teach people they should actually try to teach people and not trying to force their opinion on others.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Quick and easy fix for that here sadly. Just always returns an error if scanning for autoplugin. Yeah autoplugin is bad, but actually locking people out of software because you don't want to deal with it instead of just a disclaimer is a bit over the top.

People should still have a choice as to what they want to do with their own vitas.
I wonder how rinnegamante is going to Retaliate once people start using that plugin to block his precious apps from scanning for Autoplugin.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think policing users is a step too far, we should never consider it okay for devs to overstep their bounds in ways like this. This type of behavior should be punished in the community, not supporting it by saying "devs can do whatever they want".

If their goal is to teach people they should actually try to teach people and not trying to force their opinion on others.
Yes Sir Ree >>>> FACTS<<<< its a asshole move

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as much as this is a douche move, I do think sceners should actually take some time to learn about things instead of going into it blind. it's like walking into traffic with a blindfold. would you really be that stupid?

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
its already began ....
How has he been retaliating, is it just complaining or has he started trying to counter the effects of hiding it (better detection), or has he been enforcing it with malicious actions (Banning, Damaging Vitas, etc.).

Edit: I have my Answer
Enjoy your precious AutoPlugin garbage. Anyone that will ask for help to me in any way while running it will get instantly blocked/banned.
What an absolute piece of shit. He deserves a lot more hostility for this than people are giving him.

Last edited by Dragon91Nippon,

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
personally, I think more time should be spent on chasing out wannabe hackers and devs, but there's a lot of users who supply the lube when taking it in the ass from them. :rofl2:
So essentially what you're saying is that the "Elites" should be able to control who has the ability to release homebrew on a platform like what Team Twiizers originally wanted to do for the Wii but never did out of lazyness.
That goes against the very nature of homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...