Gaming So I'm getting an Xbox 360...

ShoFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think there is an ETA for the elite firmware.

As for modding, I just got my 360 about 2 weeks ago. As soon as I did I ordered new dvd-rom,dvd burner (for easy 'backups') and the pci sata card. Everything went smoothly. I use iXtreme 1.2 on live fine, but it requires a fully stealthed backup. Pretty much a 1:1 copy and not something downloaded... Unless you know how to recompile your iso after adding different things needed or something like that yada yada.

Good luck! I'm lovin the xbox. live is great and being able to download demo's and such is real helpful.

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
At the moment, elites cannot be flashed. So your safest bet would try to track down a normal / premium 360 with a hitachi or a samsung. Though at the moment samsungs are better, because there is a updated firmware for them so you don't get banned off live.

sjdestiny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for all the help guys. Well, I think I'm going to decide if the xBox finally arrives. I think my dad will enjoy it, he's a graphics whore. (If you don't mind the term.)
tongue.gif

So uhh, just a few questions:

1. What kind of hard drive can I use? Can I use seagate ones or whatever? Cause we sell those.

2. The xbox came as a promo from Microsoft, so what do you guys assume it to be?

Oh and how does the firmware upgrade work? Do I just pop a dvd in and that's that?

PS: its a DVD-R DL right?

Xbox360

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gears of War
Project Gotham 3
Forza 2
Rainbow 6: Vegas
Enchanted Arms
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Overlord
Command and Conquer 3: TB
Crackdown
N3
Condemned
Dead Rising
Kameo
Viva Pinata
Guitar Hero II

These are just a few, there's plenty more.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help guys. Well, I think I'm going to decide if the xBox finally arrives. I think my dad will enjoy it, he's a graphics whore. (If you don't mind the term.)
tongue.gif

So uhh, just a few questions:

1. What kind of hard drive can I use? Can I use seagate ones or whatever? Cause we sell those.

2. The xbox came as a promo from Microsoft, so what do you guys assume it to be?

Oh and how does the firmware upgrade work? Do I just pop a dvd in and that's that?

PS: its a DVD-R DL right?

You have to use official Microsoft harddrives with the 360, you can't use PC harddrives.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can if you use a 120 GB hd which has been adapted to run on a 360. Im waiting for a sensibly priced HD before I bother. I can dig out the details and istructions if need be
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/5zE3H65IDtM?si=cIVsTaWar9HofeR7 +1