ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

D

Deleted User

Ameer10 said:
It's only because I'm keen on finding out what the actual storyline is and it just annoys me when it says something japanese and I don't know, plus about 3 people HAD TO ANNOY me by telling me over and over that babelfish is useless.

thebobevil said:
QUOTE(Ameer10 @ Apr 2 2008, 07:53 PM) It's only because I'm keen on finding out what the actual storyline is and it just annoys me when it says something japanese and I don't know, plus about 3 people HAD TO ANNOY me by telling me over and over that babelfish is useless.

BabelFish is useless.

True.

Babelfish is usually horribly inaccurate.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just looked at the newest patch and I seem to have more information added to mine, regardless of how I got it I'm not really concerned I have checked mine and all the line endings are fine and its easy to follow.

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ameer10 said:
It's only because I'm keen on finding out what the actual storyline is and it just annoys me when it says something japanese and I don't know, plus about 3 people HAD TO ANNOY me by telling me over and over that babelfish is useless.

#1, You're getting really annoying.

#2. People like you are the reason many translations don't get done, because the creator is tired of hearing about it.

#3. If all the Japanese bothers you so much, either learn the language, start your own project, or pray this game ever gets a US release.

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
....anyhoo, those of you with limited Japanese knowledge can still help by going through the Event Viewer and figuring out which SC### files correspond to which cutscenes.
Huh? I'd like to help, but what event viewer?

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrmmm I've noticed that sc305 is the same as sc307.
Act 2 scene 1 corresponds to sc303 - 311, but sc305 is the only one that doesn't make sense (since it is the same as sc307).

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fusoya59 said:
Hrmmm I've noticed that sc305 is the same as sc307.
Act 2 scene 1 corresponds to sc303 - 311, but sc305 is the only one that doesn't make sense (since it is the same as sc307).
Nice catch, there's a typo in filelist-date.ini. Replace "SCRIPT 305|sc307.dat|" with "SCRIPT 305|sc305.dat|" to fix it.
Also, nice job so far with adding the cutscenes.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
xblackoutx said:
xblackoutx said:
Logits said:
> xblackoutx > Download the patch and unzip, the take the orginal japanese rom, drag and trop it on the ms-dos file and here you go
smile.gif

HELP! I use OSX

Please help someone i really want this game

HELLO!?!??!?!?!? I HAVE OSX (not an intel one so no bootcamp either) SO STOP TELLING ME TO DO IT THE PC WAY. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't have OSX so I have no way to make an automated solution. I did respond to your PM with the link to the xdelta site, where you can hopefully find a binary or compile your own from the source. The command line parameters to apply the patch are -d -f -s unpatchedromfilename SomaPatch.xd patchedromfilename

Anyway, I updated the OP with SomaTrans 0.9 to fix that file entry (and to add another small file which I have no idea how I overlooked). I also added confirmation boxes for any options that overwrite stuff, in case you click them accidentally.

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a few decision boxes that are a little messed up. In particular, the script files for Act 2 (sc290, 295, 296-2). The Yes-No boxes become "Yes\No" in one line. The reason, I think, was cuz of a typo. You had Yes\No, but it should be Yes\nNo. I didn't know where to edit that in the wiki so I'm just posting it here =]

An aside: this project's kinda fun! I really hope we can pull this off before this hits North America.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have added something to the tutorial 1 on pocket mastery could you take a look and see you think would be best as I translated the whole, section and thats what I came up with.

I just noticed that some of the moves discriptions look a bit messed up and not very lined.

Btw I can alter the growth on tutorial 2 to rearing if you like i.e rearing battlers, instead of battlers growth.
let me know which you prefer.

Also been completing some more tutorials and will line end them once I am done.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thecrash1973 said:
I have added something to the tutorial 1 on pocket mastery could you take a look and see you think would be best as I translated the whole, section and thats what I came up with.Did you just write your own description? It doesn't match the Japanese at all.

thecrash1973 said:
I just noticed that some of the moves discriptions look a bit messed up and not very lined.Yeah, they need to be fixed.

QUOTE(thecrash1973 @ Apr 3 2008, 04:51 AM)
Btw I can alter the growth on tutorial 2 to rearing if you like i.e rearing battlers, instead of battlers growth.
Rearing is something you do to a child. It doesn't make any sense in this context.

wischmop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Did the Literal translation of Act1:Alda (A and B) and Frightened Mason (A).
At Frightened Mason, there was a line where I'm not sure if it's correctly translated:

25 ??????????\n??????????????? It's understandable that you \nget a bad and frightening feeling.

I never heard of ??????, I know that it's onomatopoeic, but I've asked around and nobody knew what it means. In this context, I THINK it has something to do with being frightened and clappering, so I translated it with "bad and frightening feeling" by connecting it with ?????. If anybody has a better idea, please feel free to change it.
smile.gif

I'll continue tomorrow, now I'll get some sleep.
sleep.gif

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The description came from your program, it seems someone forgot to mention the options sections of it, explaining that you can change the settings for pocket mode, I didn't make any of this up. (I would have a look at the description on the site first!!!!!), not my part the Japanese context.

have had a look at some of them not got round to doing anything.

That was the reason, I originally put growth it just sounded right.

Also I added some parts to the other tutorials, least you can take or leave.

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thecrash1973 said:
I have added something to the tutorial 1 on pocket mastery could you take a look and see you think would be best as I translated the whole, section and thats what I came up with.

I just noticed that some of the moves discriptions look a bit messed up and not very lined.

Also been completing some more tutorials and will line end them once I am done.

Are you a troll?

You've been told a billion times that Babelfish/Google/etc is NOT accurate, and you keep changing things based on what you get there, making more work for everyone else
hate2.gif

I don't mean to be a jerk, and I'm certainly not involved with this project myself, but maybe you could take the hint. It seems like half this thread is people telling you to stop screwing things up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1