Sonic Generations Chemical Plant/City Escape footage

D

Deleted User

ShadowSoldier said:
KingVamp said:
Seriously? They are (that) bad? Could put it on mute.
tongue.gif

Players shouldn't have to if Sega made good music that didn't have fucking singing in it.
Are you serious? Sonic games have some of the best retro music in all of video games.

Nothings wrong with the lyrics, people are just insecure about light hearted music.

Maybe you would prefer if it was some dubstep?

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hum the classic part isn't appealing to me.. Sonic looks ugly and moves awkward.. i have a better impression with the new gen style but nothing much "new" in gameplay from that vid show ever since the second on Dreamcast :wtf:
Guess i'll pass again on this one and play some more Sonic CD to dry my tears over this disapointment, again lol

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F. Lobot said:
The art and sound design are absolutely top-notch! Too bad the gameplay can't be less automatic and the physics can't be closer to the classics (like just about every Sonic fangame that somehow nails it) You'd think for a game with this high of production values it would be easy.

QUOTE(koimayeul @ Aug 7 2011, 02:58 AM) Hum the classic part isn't appealing to me.. Sonic looks ugly and moves awkward.. i have a better impression with the new gen style but nothing much "new" in gameplay from that vid show ever since the second on Dreamcast :wtf:
Guess i'll pass again on this one and play some more Sonic CD to dry my tears over this disapointment, again lol
Why are you guys being so harsh? The game looks fine.

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so, I've never actually played any sonic games... ^^' I'm thinking about giving one of the DS or Advance games a go to fix that apparent lack of video game history knowledge. Which one should I go for?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! This looks the business!

Colors was a really good game but this looks to be finally the great Sonic game that we've not had (not counting Sonic Pocket Adventure Neo Geo as that was more a remake/port) since the MD days. Sonic 4 I did enjoy but it was more like the Rush games...it was meant to be more like the MD games but it wasn't, hopefully part 2 of that will be inspired be these classic levels.

The devs have finally picked up what fans have been talking about, majority of Sonic games have just felt like they've been on rails, press one direction and jump a bit or either have some horrid camera flaw or character switch that made the game horrendously bad.

This they have got the speed but also parts where you need to use timing to get across the levels.

For once I am more excited for a Sonic game then the next Mario game.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Charli said:
so, I've never actually played any sonic games... ^^' I'm thinking about giving one of the DS or Advance games a go to fix that apparent lack of video game history knowledge. Which one should I go for?
If you have a Ds get sonic collection and play the whole thing, those are the real classics even suffer from framerate on this port somehow

PlutonPress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who's excited about the Modern gameplay and not that much about Classic?

Also Sega, RELEASE THE DAMN GAME. WHY DON'T YOU WANT MY MONEY? I will buy it twice for god sake (360 and 3ds)!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
its a game tht no one can get bored of. wonderful graphics and superb gameplay always dynamic.
i really really really wish to play a sonic game of this sort on the pc.

it IS going to be available for the PC as well !
biggrin.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
URGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH why sega why? why did they remake that horrible chemical plant level? i HATE that level with passion, now i have to play this horrible level in generations? thanks a lot sega, also the 3d parts with the new modern gameplay really sticks out in a horrible way, please get rid of them sega, the 2d levels are just fine!

also why is sonc adventure levels in generations? that is a bit strange but whatever sega are always on drugs most of the time.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
SEGA.... what about Sonic 4: Part II???
Um, forget that.

When they came out with Sonic 4 & Colors... they really had their marketing backwards. Sonic 4 looked the part, but it did not feel the part. It's like trying to play Mega Man 1 after your first venture being Mega Man 9. the slidey nature and leeway on the controls makes things just... feel wrong.

If anything, the marketing for colors is what should have been set for the 'core' fans of Sonic, because that game was much, much better... and each version (wii or DS) is almost their own separate games.

Having seen the trailer, the gameplay and music are just giving me massive nostalgia. I can't wait!
yaywii.gif

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
URGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH why sega why? why did they remake that horrible chemical plant level? i HATE that level with passion, now i have to play this horrible level in generations? thanks a lot sega, also the 3d parts with the new modern gameplay really sticks out in a horrible way, please get rid of them sega, the 2d levels are just fine!

also why is sonc adventure levels in generations? that is a bit strange but whatever sega are always on drugs most of the time.
You know they said a long time ago that stages would be from classic era, Dreamcast era, and modern era that's why.
Also some people actually like the 3D stages.
tongue.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Slyakin said:
The game looks good. But... please, get rid of the freaking vocals in the music. That alone will make me ignore the game.

I can't cringe enough.
VOCALS ARE APART OF SONIC.
DAT CITY ESCAPE REMIX.

Can't get enough, don't even care if I'm hopping on the Sonic Cycle.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
NahuelDS said:
SEGA.... what about Sonic 4: Part II???
When they came out with Sonic 4 & Colors... they really had their marketing backwards. Sonic 4 looked the part, but it did not feel the part. It's like trying to play Mega Man 1 after your first venture being Mega Man 9. the slidey nature and leeway on the controls makes things just... feel wrong.
That's what the Wii is for, the Megaman 1 and 9 play exactly the same on there.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looking at these comments gives a good look at Sonic's unpleasable fanbase.
"Classic looks awkward"
"Modern looks awkward"
"City Escape shouldn't have lyrics"

No matter what Sonic may bring no one can stop griping. If they made Sonic 4 pt 2 and it played EXACTLY like Sonic 3, p\people would complain. I would bet any amount of money on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz: some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high like...