Hacking Split fpkg result good for something ?

arfgh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hey there.
It is known that a joint game + update, can be splitted but the result for base game is non good.
And the question i want to throw here is, and what about the splitted update fpkg ? is it perfect and good that result for it ?
somebody knows about this ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, there's only one update/patch per game, so updating a pkg should replace the existing pkg. I recently redid my backports to games that had updates, because I was doing a minimal pkg (not the full pkg), which won't work correctly I don't think. @KiiWii or @Leeful may know for sure though, but most of the time it's just a pkg on the system (usually named app.pkg). it's not extracted like the ps3 or the vita.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think about it: if you extract the contents of the base game, then extract the contents of its update, then merge the contents before repacking: you overwrite the initial packages files with newer ones.

On the console itself it keeps the PKG’s unmerged, this is the best way.

arfgh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
yes kiwi, but what happen in the console when you intall a merged base game + update in a single fpkg ?
and what happen if you split that fpkg ? which of the 2 result fpkg is valid and equal non merged 2 fpkgs, base game ? update ? none ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, is that what you meant? I thought you meant splitting an update pkg. I think both will go in the app folder, not the patch one. if you try separating them, you can't, because the eboot has been overwritten.

Reactions: KiiWii

arfgh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
all this is about Days Gone v1.61 merged game+update released by Duplex. I like to have base game + update 2 fpkgs....

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a bug with gengp4 that forces a lot of uploaders to merge both. it's when the app and master version of the game are not 1.00. there's a way to fix it, but you'd have to dump the original game and patch again. it can't be done if it's already been merged.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can either rename the base pkg in the gengp4 or rename the base pkg itself. I don't think it matters. I've tested it, and it works. I also ran them through duxa to be sure they'd work together. tested with mega man legacy collection 1. save works perfectly as well.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes kiwi, but what happen in the console when you intall a merged base game + update in a single fpkg ?
and what happen if you split that fpkg ? which of the 2 result fpkg is valid and equal non merged 2 fpkgs, base game ? update ? none ?
Imho: none.

Don’t do it.

Download separately.

If you install a merged FPKG the console assumes it’s just a single game pkg, it doesn’t care about splitting pkgs to game and update; it just acts as game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be able to get around using gp4, but it's more complicated. when you load the gengp4 for one of those games that doesn't have the right master and app versions, orbis will error instantly, because it can't find the base pkg (name would A0100-V0100). that's what it's looking for, because that's what the gp4 says inside. I might've mentioned it in one of my tutorials.

edit: btw, this only happens with some patch games (not all).

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as @KiiWii said, stay away from merged packages.
If you install a merged pkg on your ps4 you cant split it into game and update because there is only one pkg on the ps4. It sees the merged pkg as just the base game. There is no update on the ps4 for it to split.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious