Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

mental123123

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey I'v installed the hwfly v4 on my mariko v2 switch.
when I turn on the switch it blinks one time blue then 3 yellow blinks then stops and the Nintendo launches regulry , cfw
why isn't it turn green and shows the NO SD screen like it supposed to?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a portable dock recommendation? I have a cheap Chinese dock I've been using for a few years but it doesn't pass through audio from youtube (I think it lacks HDCP?) Anyone have one without this issue?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a portable dock recommendation? I have a cheap Chinese dock I've been using for a few years but it doesn't pass through audio from youtube (I think it lacks HDCP?) Anyone have one without this issue?

Only thing to recommend is to take the official one and put it in a smaller shell.

gamba66

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How can I use linkalho or tinfoil on a cfw Swtich (newest atmosphere and fw) to log into a nintendo online account and link it via linkalho without getting my switch banned?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I use linkalho or tinfoil on a cfw Swtich (newest atmosphere and fw) to log into a nintendo online account and link it via linkalho without getting my switch banned?
You don't use linkalho or DZ to log into a Nintendo online account; they link a fake Nintendo account to the console offline. Once you hack a Nintendo Switch, unless you have a clean eMMC backup made before hacking it, you cannot go online to link a Nintendo account without risking a ban.

gamba66

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't use linkalho or DZ to log into a Nintendo online account; they link a fake Nintendo account to the console offline. Once you hack a Nintendo Switch, unless you have a clean eMMC backup made before hacking it, you cannot go online to link a Nintendo account without risking a ban.
since I bought mine used it came with a local account already.

when I link this local account nothing happens

so what can I do? I guess I need to create a backup and start from scratch? is it alot of effort?

what about 90dns

Last edited by gamba66,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since I bought mine used it came with a local account already.

when I link this local account nothing happens

so what can I do? I guess I need to create a backup and start from scratch? is it alot of effort?

what about 90dns
If you already have an account linked, then what are you trying to accomplish?

Also, like I said, if you have already hacked the console, you cannot create a clean eMMC backup because you have already tainted the console with CFW.

All 90DNS does is allow you to use non-Nintendo wireless functions without fearing a ban. Key word is non-Nintendo; 90DNS will prevent you from going online to link a Nintendo Account because you would risk getting banned.

ICUDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I want to upgrade my Switch sd card. I know the steps are different if you have a emunand or not. The pic is from drive manager of my current card. I think I remember trying to set up the partition during my initial mod and I believe it failed so I didn't try again. If this is the case should I be able to just copy the contents of the SD to the new one? (all in Fat 32).

Also during or after the transfer would it be wise to try and set up an emunand on the new card while I had the old as a backup? I never go online with it other than when using tinfoil and I have the script that blocks connections to certain servers. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-17 102709.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-17 102709.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by ICUDude,

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. So I installed the newest Double Dragon game and made a big mistake - I wasn't connected to wifi when I first started the game up, and because of that I got an error message, and now I cannot change the language from Chinese to English. (The .nsp file is the Asian version.) I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, but each time I still get the same error message and it automatically goes to the default Chinese language without giving me the option to select a different language.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have briefly thought about reinstalling atmosphere or hekate, but I have no idea if that would fix anything or if it would just complicate matters further. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

gamefan128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. So I installed the newest Double Dragon game and made a big mistake - I wasn't connected to wifi when I first started the game up, and because of that I got an error message, and now I cannot change the language from Chinese to English. (The .nsp file is the Asian version.) I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, but each time I still get the same error message and it automatically goes to the default Chinese language without giving me the option to select a different language.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have briefly thought about reinstalling atmosphere or hekate, but I have no idea if that would fix anything or if it would just complicate matters further. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
go into settings and wipe the save data. then connect to wifi and select the language.

Reactions: ShadowbannedAllstar

jdude0822

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to do some research on dumping game updates using my switch and I have hit a snag when it comes to cartridge updates. I personally like owning physical releases and dumping them to backup and to play on emu. If I can avoid having to find some random place to get switch game updates and dump my own, it would be nice. It is probably worth mentioning that I own 2 switches, 1 hacked, 1 unhacked.

I have read something about game cartridge updates causing problems with downgrading firmware when your switch is above version 13.0 (which mine is 16.x) and really, all I'm wanting to avoid is being unable to use my carts. It also might help to mention I use sthetix's HATS pack because it is mainly just slap it in and it works for almost everything I need . So really this comes down to a couple of questions:

1. Will updating the game in general screw up my gamecard slot, if yes, is it really that big of a problem with my use case?
2. I have read that you can update games locally using 2 switches. I was thinking of approaching this issue using this option, however, I have read many replies to people asking this question just pointing them to use daybreak which to me, doesn't really give me enough information to know what to do.

If its not possible or not worth the effort to dump my own game updates its ok, but if I can, it would be nice.

gamefan128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys what chip those days is best for oled switch ?
modchips are illegal
Post automatically merged:

I've been trying to do some research on dumping game updates using my switch and I have hit a snag when it comes to cartridge updates. I personally like owning physical releases and dumping them to backup and to play on emu. If I can avoid having to find some random place to get switch game updates and dump my own, it would be nice. It is probably worth mentioning that I own 2 switches, 1 hacked, 1 unhacked.

I have read something about game cartridge updates causing problems with downgrading firmware when your switch is above version 13.0 (which mine is 16.x) and really, all I'm wanting to avoid is being unable to use my carts. It also might help to mention I use sthetix's HATS pack because it is mainly just slap it in and it works for almost everything I need . So really this comes down to a couple of questions:

1. Will updating the game in general screw up my gamecard slot, if yes, is it really that big of a problem with my use case?
2. I have read that you can update games locally using 2 switches. I was thinking of approaching this issue using this option, however, I have read many replies to people asking this question just pointing them to use daybreak which to me, doesn't really give me enough information to know what to do.

If its not possible or not worth the effort to dump my own game updates its ok, but if I can, it would be nice.
1. no
2. just unify (local 2 switch update)

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Which modchip should I buy for my switch hwfly core v4, v5 or v6 and what about hwfly rp2040 core? Which one is most stable and has least issues to worry about after getting it installed? Is the best place to buy modchip on ali from seller that says its official hwfly store with blue icon

kemukemu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I extracted the game using switch explorer and it was full of files with ".cat" extension, except for a some audio files.
Is it difficult to extract game image and audio files in such a case? (sorry for machine translation)

Game:Soaring Sky! Pretty Cure Hirogaru! Puzzle Collection

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits...