Homebrew Question Switch stopped charging when using android

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I got LineageOS up and running on my switch, I'm already aware that it won't show as charging when you plug in the charger however when I leave it on the charger I can still see the battery percentage go up. However I had my switch on the charger all day yesterday and the battery percentage kept going down. Any idea why this is happening?

Brief timeline:
  • Used switch with Android Wednesday night, set it down (not on charger to gauge average battery life) and went to bed
  • Woke up the next morning, found it at 50%, put it on the charger and went to work
  • Came back from work and found it at 30%, noticed the charger was a little loose so made sure it was secure and set it back down
  • Noticed the switch was approaching 15%, since connecting the joycons via Bluetooth was the only change I made I tried turning off Bluetooth
  • A couple of hours later the batter was at 13% so I tried rebooting into Hekate to see if maybe the battery sensor was buggy but Hekate showed it at <13%, tried plugging in the charger and sure enough it started charging.
I've tried searching here and on reddit but couldn't find somebody with the same problem. To clarify I had set Android up Tuesday night and left it on the charger overnight and woke up to find my battery fully charged so it stopped working sometime while it was on

Last edited by darkriku2000, , Reason: Clarification
Reactions: PYN-2004

PYN-2004

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Japan
I have the same problem.
I want to know how to fix this.
(Since I am Japanese, I can't write English well. I'm sorry)

同じ問題があります。
これを修正する方法を知りたいです。
(私は日本人ですので、英語を上手に書くことができません。ごめんなさい)

Last edited by x65943, , Reason: Please type in English

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same problem.
I want to know how to fix this.
(I'm Japanese, so I can't write English well. I'm sorry)
I don't know, but the current android release has various bugs. Have you tried restarting android to see if it works again?
If you don't get it working, you might just have to wait for the next release of android (pie), which has many fixes. No release date yet, it'll come when it's ready.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Flash the Reboot2payload update. (In TWRP make sure you mount system first.)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/reboot-to-hekate-from-switchroot.549433/

Reboot to bootloader ('download mode if you use the root solution I've mentioned in there'). This will boot you back into hekate. Charging there is faster anyhow.

If you want to boot back to Android, just do so. No dongle needed.

Thats the workaround, basically.

Last edited by notimp,

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot I made this post sorry :shy: I noticed it was still charging really slow in hekate so I left it on and let the battery drain then charged it to full before using it again and it charges normally now. I haven't used android since then so I can't comment on if that's working better sorry, I'm just going to wait on an update.

Reactions: notimp

dc9884

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for bumping the thread, but I am experiencing this issue, with the latest Q build of Switchroot Android and Hektate. The switch changes fine in Hektake and Horizon, but will not charge in Android. If I ref-lash the ROM, it will briefly charge upon first boot, but then eventually stop and never work again, even if I restart the system. I've tried every default USB mode (e.g., no data, file transfer, etc.), as well as different connections (e.g., to a 3rd party wall charger I typically use with my Switch, connection to laptop, etc. to no avail. Are there any updated workarounds to this?

DashingRiggs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for bumping the thread, but I am experiencing this issue, with the latest Q build of Switchroot Android and Hektate. The switch changes fine in Hektake and Horizon, but will not charge in Android. If I ref-lash the ROM, it will briefly charge upon first boot, but then eventually stop and never work again, even if I restart the system. I've tried every default USB mode (e.g., no data, file transfer, etc.), as well as different connections (e.g., to a 3rd party wall charger I typically use with my Switch, connection to laptop, etc. to no avail. Are there any updated workarounds to this?
Exact same problem. Any fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...