Hacking System Menu 4.0...Easy To Hack On Purpose???

MightyMouse

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
call me a pot head, paranoid or anything else

but do you think that Nintendo wanted us all to hack and update to 4.0 so they then had the right to update us to say 4.1 without permission and screw us all over with a update that removes HBC and all cios's??

jus had this thought whilst smokin' a fat one but hey

its the kind of move i would take if i was Nintendo

having us all agree to this new EULA means they could pull off such a stunt.

just my two cents, any one care to offer a opinion

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
They wouldnt risk people pirating games.
All the games I have downloaded, must be alot of money!!

MightyMouse

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yer you've downloaded all these games and then..BAMMM...no more softmod

i just dont understand how they could half arse the update so much

3.3 and 3.4 wasnt hacked to the extent that 4.0 has been hacked in just a few days

its like it was almost too easy to me it stinks

iazybandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no company can automatically update an OS or firmware without ur approval. so if there is a 4.1, it will tell u that there is a new system

in regards to how fast it was hacked..it was a matter of what was patched and how long it takes hackers to find it and how complicated it is

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MightyMouse i know where you coming from, does seem a bit easy to hack with something which will possibly be bigger than the Softmod.. I installed it all last night for 1st time ever and after a good smoke I thought shit i do hope nothing cocks up, but then I never update unless some1 else has already so if they cock up at least im all good
biggrin.gif
maybe 4.1 will be the end of all the homebrew crap but aslong as my WiiKey will work then I dont mind having no softmod or loader

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's why i turn wiiconnect24 off but I've read some people around here saying that there is no way nintendo can automatically update your wii.

MightyMouse

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for your input WiiCrazy so i am right in thinking that the new EULA does state they can update us without confirmation

but i think which ever way we updated, i myself used the Waninkoko method but it will still show on Nintendo's server we are running 4.0 and attempt to download and install any updates that are released.

i think its time to clear my wifi settings and just enter them when i fancy a online game. or maybe set up a vlan just for my wii so its still on my network for FTPii, i just dont feel safe having it connected constantly now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1